Beast Incarnation

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

RE: Beast Incarnation

Post by mattbratt11 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 am

I was trying to change the mode from medium to very hard while on SP Mode, but I don't know how that works. Can you tell me how?
I'm sure that fluffy could add the LegendaryIconOfSin Monster in the new Nexus Update any day...

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:38 pm

mattbratt11 wrote: I was trying to change the mode from medium to very hard while on SP Mode, but I don't know how that works. Can you tell me how?
I didn't focus myself on the way to change the difficulty by yourself, actually it's only depending on number of players:
. 1~3 : medium
. 4~7 : hard
. >=8 : very hard
The next update will deal with it properly and give admins/players an option to change it directly.

So for now you can raise it by adding 7 bots with you, it's the only way.

Edit: The next update'll make players/admins able to change it with "bi_modeskill" in console command between 0 and 2.
Last edited by fr blood on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 am

I like this version better than the previous version. I change the mod on my server every 2 weeks, and a week from today it is due for a change. I am seriously considering putting this on my server then.

Here are some more ideas for your consideration:
. I have played a mod with a class that uses an inventory item to toggle between attacks, rather than to launch an attack itself.
. Maybe slightly speed up the healing rate for all the classes, like 1.5 times or twice the current rate.
. You could make some classes simpler, for example the Hell Knight could do without the spreading fire balls and just shoot a constant rate to release 3 single fire balls in the same time as he currently shoots the spread. For some other classes, the existing hold-fire-for-another-attack system works well.
. When you press fire to select your class, it shouldn't make you fire your weapon when you change.
. Here's a bug that you might not be able to fix, because I have seen it elsewhere: When you are playing a flying class when the map ends, you can fly on the next map until you die, no matter what class you choose.
. You have several of the classes unable to move while firing. This makes them unable to dodge incoming attacks, so they die faster.
. Some, if not all, of the classes cannot fit where the player is supposed to fit. This makes some maps impossible to finish, in doom2.wad for example.
. Here's a idea for a big change: Divide the classes into 7 tiers instead of 5 and have each tier activated (for each player independently) by picking up a weapon in a map. Shotgun would activate Tier 2, SSG activates Tier 3, and so on until the BFG activates the 7th and final tier. This would mean that you could have a tier activated without having all previous tiers activated. You could replace the weapon's pickup sprite with a floating number indicating what tier it activates, similar to Samsara's weapon pickup sprites.
. If you did the previous suggestion, more tiers would mean fewer classes per tier, so you could simplify the menu as follows: Have alt-fire change to another tier, and scroll through the weapons to choose a class within a tier.

That's all I have for now.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

XutaWoo
Forum Regular

Post by XutaWoo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:31 am

Empyre wrote: . Here's a idea for a big change: Divide the classes into 7 tiers instead of 5 and have each tier activated (for each player independently) by picking up a weapon in a map. Shotgun would activate Tier 2, SSG activates Tier 3, and so on until the BFG activates the 7th and final tier. This would mean that you could have a tier activated without having all previous tiers activated. You could replace the weapon's pickup sprite with a floating number indicating what tier it activates, similar to Samsara's weapon pickup sprites.
Wouldn't that mean Tier 5 classes would be available by MAP01?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hangphyr
New User

Post by hangphyr » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:21 am

Maybe ammo would gives a certain number of spawns for each tier?

Just so that you can't rumble through the first 4 levels in an over-powered class, perhaps your class choice won't carry between maps, and spent ammo for spawning as a class on the previous level won't be refunded.

Maybe additionally, 1 rocket launcher on its own wouldn't give enough "ammo" to spawn even once as a tier 5.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:13 am

Here is a big update, see logfiles, I've deal with all know bugs, and made the gameplay more interesting.
It's probably the last one(if I don't find another bug).
I can now focus myself in invasion mode.

Edit: I don't know about unblocking the classes that aren't able to move when attacking, I'll try it and if they are too op, I'll set them as they were before.

Edit: I found a lot of online bugs between 1.02 and 1.02c, sorry for desagrements, now before each update I'll test new changes on a private server.
Last edited by fr blood on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hangphyr
New User

Post by hangphyr » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Archvile imp spawning now pretty much always make me accidentally do a primary fire attack also, a short delay after spawning imps before they can attack again would fix that.

I think I kind of preferred that some classes couldn't move when shooting, balanced them out a bit against classes who can move and shoot, but were weaker.

I do like the new system for unlocking tiers, much improved over the old one of just being a short timer. Are soul points shared between all players for killed marines? If not, I think it'd be good if they were, encourage more cooperation and less competition for kills.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:19 pm

XutaWoo wrote:
Empyre wrote: . Here's a idea for a big change: Divide the classes into 7 tiers instead of 5 and have each tier activated (for each player independently) by picking up a weapon in a map. Shotgun would activate Tier 2, SSG activates Tier 3, and so on until the BFG activates the 7th and final tier. This would mean that you could have a tier activated without having all previous tiers activated. You could replace the weapon's pickup sprite with a floating number indicating what tier it activates, similar to Samsara's weapon pickup sprites.
Wouldn't that mean Tier 5 classes would be available by MAP01?
As it is now (I mean "as it was recently"), all tiers are available on MAP01, if you wait long enough.

EDIT Oh, a new version is out. I'll have to check it out to see what has changed.
Last edited by Empyre on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm

hangphyr wrote: I do like the new system for unlocking tiers, much improved over the old one of just being a short timer. Are soul points shared between all players for killed marines? If not, I think it'd be good if they were, encourage more cooperation and less competition for kills.
Hmm, I don't know, because that will make players that have just start to join get some free tiers without doing anything.
Whatever I've found another bugs so I'm gonna fix them and reduce the number of souls needed to unlock a class(because it's very long when were a lot of players in the same server).

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Update for coop mode to v1.03 see logfiles, I've already found another problems so there'll still be update for this mode, actually I won't be able to make an update for the invasion mode before a certain time because of some another things to deal with.
Enjoy.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 am

I am enjoying version 1.02c, but I have learned something. When I said that a player should keep his earned tiers when the map changes, I was wrong. Once you earn the 4th and 5th tiers, it becomes too easy. My suggested fix: have the player earn tiers twice as fast, but then start over each map.

Now that the Hell Knight has an empty alt-fire, you can give him back his 3-fireball spread on the alt-fire, as half the firing rate of the single fireball, and melee at close range.

To simplify the Cyber Baron, you could have his primary fire always shoot a 3-fireball spread 1.5 times faster than the Hell Knight's 3-spread, which would still be slower than the Hell Knight's single fireball. Leave his alt-fire as-is.

The Super Demon needs an alt-fire, maybe a three-spread of his red fireballs.

Now that there is no health to pick up, have the monsters heal even faster, but not so fast that they become hard to kill. The point is to reduce the amount of time it takes to hide and heal up, which can be boring.

To fix the problem of the player firing his weapon immediately and automatically when choosing a class, wait to mutate the player until he releases the fire button.

I think this mod is great, and I am trying to help you make it even better. Now, I'll try out v1.03.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 am

Empyre wrote: I am enjoying version 1.02c, but I have learned something. When I said that a player should keep his earned tiers when the map changes, I was wrong. Once you earn the 4th and 5th tiers, it becomes too easy. My suggested fix: have the player earn tiers twice as fast, but then start over each map.

Now that the Hell Knight has an empty alt-fire, you can give him back his 3-fireball spread on the alt-fire, as half the firing rate of the single fireball, and melee at close range.

To simplify the Cyber Baron, you could have his primary fire always shoot a 3-fireball spread 1.5 times faster than the Hell Knight's 3-spread, which would still be slower than the Hell Knight's single fireball. Leave his alt-fire as-is.

The Super Demon needs an alt-fire, maybe a three-spread of his red fireballs.

Now that there is no health to pick up, have the monsters heal even faster, but not so fast that they become hard to kill. The point is to reduce the amount of time it takes to hide and heal up, which can be boring.

To fix the problem of the player firing his weapon immediately and automatically when choosing a class, wait to mutate the player until he releases the fire button.

I think this mod is great, and I am trying to help you make it even better. Now, I'll try out v1.03.
Your idea for the hell knight and the cyber baron are great, I'll make is as you wanted. For the Super Demon I've no idea for another typ of fire, I'll maybe send it in the next update. I've already tried to fix the problem of firing immediately after choosing a class by adding the "WEAPON.NOAUTOFIRE", it worked but added a by problem at the same time, we weren't able to use the hold fire anymore, and forced to re-click for every attack, that was very boring, I'll take your idea and make a little delay between class choose and the incarnation, you got a lot of nice ideas thanks you. :cool:

Edit: And here is the coop update too 1.03a with the thing you wanted, see logfiles.
Last edited by fr blood on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manhs

Post by Manhs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 am

I like a lot the idea of the mode!
I started with the Knight of hell (like less strong baron of hell), it's cool!
Is there a server for it ? I can create it.
Good luck to make it better and better ^^

EDIT: It could be cool to have a true sprite of the claw of the baron', same for the others.....same speed attack too (: ?...
Last edited by Manhs on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:01 am

Manhs wrote: I like a lot the idea of the mode!
I started with the Knight of hell (like less strong baron of hell), it's cool!
Is there a server for it ? I can create it.
Good luck to make it better and better ^^

EDIT: It could be cool to have a true sprite of the claw of the baron', same for the others.....same speed attack too (: ?...
Hellow, nice to know that you enjoyed this project, a server is always open for it from BE called "Beast Incarnation on *****" depending with mappack level.
I've lost my engine to edit sprites so it'll hard to make what you meant but I'll maybe find another way.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Starting tomorrow, my server will have this running for 2 weeks with my maps.

EDIT: It is on my server right now.
Last edited by Empyre on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:47 am

I didn't know that you released a new version until somebody on my server told me about it. You need to bump the thread to let us know about new releases.

I have another idea: Make the players immune to slime, lava, etc. because there are no rad suits, and because the monsters usually have that immunity.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:37 am

Excuse me I forgot to send a message, so yeah the v1.04 is out, see logfiles.
And for the immune to slime/lava the idea is great, I'll add it in the next update.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm actually thinking of making some Coop maps instead of invasion map, with that I'll be able to make something more interesting in the concept of the gameplay, so the invasion project won't be realized, and the mode'll focus in coop mode + mission mappack.

Slimmo
New User

Post by Slimmo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:40 pm

This mod is great and I have had some fun with it so far but I feel that one monster is missing.
The regular Revenant, its one of my favorite monsters and it would be awesome if u added him.
Make him a Tier 2 or 3 monster and that he fires fireballs from both of his shoulder cannons (homing), also make him awesome at punching the shit out of marines :D

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 pm

He has a fixed number of monsters per tier, so in order to put the Revenant in, he would have to take something else out.