Beast Incarnation

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Beast Incarnation

Post by fr blood » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Slimmo wrote: This mod is great and I have had some fun with it so far but I feel that one monster is missing.
The regular Revenant, its one of my favorite monsters and it would be awesome if u added him.
Make him a Tier 2 or 3 monster and that he fires fireballs from both of his shoulder cannons (homing), also make him awesome at punching the shit out of marines :D
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed this project, before telling about the Revenant, did you test the Cadaver, he is doing exactly the same thing, a bit different and the Revenant is already in Mop, I wanted 1st to make something different, or this mode'll look like it in too much way.
Actually Zandronum can't support homing projectiles launched by players because of some missed coding options. I found a solution but it kill the gameplay, you can test it the old beast incarnation invasion.
Empyre wrote: He has a fixed number of monsters per tier, so in order to put the Revenant in, he would have to take something else out.
Yeah you are right, but as some players wanted I'll probably send more monsters with a special menu maybe, I don't really know.

And by the way, here is a new update, see logfiles, I'll know start working on coop maps with special mission if players are bored of playing it in regulars coop mappacks.

Slimmo
New User

Post by Slimmo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:58 pm

fr blood wrote:
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed this project, before telling about the Revenant, did you test the Cadaver, he is doing exactly the same thing, a bit different and the Revenant is already in Mop, I wanted 1st to make something different, or this mode'll look like it in too much way.
Actually Zandronum can't support homing projectiles launched by players because of some missed coding options. I found a solution but it kill the gameplay, you can test it the old beast incarnation invasion.
I see, yes I did try the Cadaver but I thought both could be in just that the regular Revenant would be a tier 2 choice since Cadaver is tier 3.

What is Mop?

Homing projectiles works only if you aim directly at your enemy while launching them, so I guess they work somewhat.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Slimmo wrote: I see, yes I did try the Cadaver but I thought both could be in just that the regular Revenant would be a tier 2 choice since Cadaver is tier 3.

What is Mop?

Homing projectiles works only if you aim directly at your enemy while launching them, so I guess they work somewhat.
Mop is Master of Puppets, the revenant is playable in it.
The problem with homing projectiles launched by players is that they aren't really homing compare of the monster's ones.

And as they said above I can't add a simple class alone in the project, that's not possible, I could do a special menu, but adding another revenant class(because there is already cadaver and incarnate) won't make the project more interesting, people are looking for new classes that's why I replaced more than 10 classes from the old version.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Here comes the version 1.05, see logfiles, I can now start to focus on the mappack project, I'll maybe finish 2 maps before making a break in this project.

Edit: Damn it I forgot about some bugs, so here is the v1.05a, you can see the fixes in the logfiles I also added a script to make the coop more "funny".
Last edited by fr blood on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 am

Here are a few bugs:
* When you kill a UAC Bot, it resurrects itself a few seconds later, and then it is invulnerable and also invisible to AI allies that you summon, like the Overlord's summoned Hades Elementals. Also, it doesn't count as a remaining monster. The map will have 0 remaining monsters even though there are several of these walking around.
* The Arachnorb loses health constantly. I think you accidentally have it healing itself in reverse.
* You said that the engineers are no longer building inside the walls, but I think that those flying machines (whose name I don't know) that create smaller flying machines, do still create them inside walls.
* This isn't new, nor is it a big deal, but I have noticed that all the classes have 1 less health online than in single-player.
Last edited by Empyre on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:45 am

Empyre wrote: Here are a few bugs:
* When you kill a UAC Bot, it resurrects itself a few seconds later, and then it is invulnerable and also invisible to AI allies that you summon, like the Overlord's summoned Hades Elementals. Also, it doesn't count as a remaining monster. The map will have 0 remaining monsters even though there are several of these walking around.
* The Arachnorb loses health constantly. I think you accidentally have it healing itself in reverse.
* You said that the engineers are no longer building inside the walls, but I think that those flying machines (whose name I don't know) that create smaller flying machines, do still create them inside walls.
* This isn't new, nor is it a big deal, but I have noticed that all the classes have 1 less health online than in single-player.
- The UAC bot's problem has been fixed in the v1.05a.
- About the aracnorb I nerver saw this bug I'll try to find and fix it.
- Yeah that's right the issue about making things in walls should be fixed.
- About the 1 less health, it's from the script I did to fix the health view when it's restored by archvile online, this was the only way, it's not really no a problem, we'll have to wait for a zandronum update.

Edit : So here is the update v1.05b hopping that all found bugs have been fixed.
Last edited by fr blood on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Ok so here is the lastest update for now, I'm making a break, and gonna work on other stuff like updating ZE26 on Zombie Horde, or setting some fixes on Chaos From Hell Invasion before hosting it again on BE.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 pm

OK, my server is updated. I usually change the mod on my server every 2 weeks, but players were having so much fun that I extended this for 2 more weeks, and we have 1 more week to go. I'll definitely run this again in the future, too.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:28 am

I've finish to deal with my other projects for now, so here is a big update with a log of new stuff.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Did you fix the arachnorb constantly losing health? He still does in 1.06. Downloading 1.07.
After an extended run on my server, I have moved on to another mod, but I definitely host this again and again in the future, and play it by myself, too. I am currently having a rather difficult solo run through chillax with this. Even the 5th tier monsters are having a tough time.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

There is it, the last update before the come of the 3rd Menu, it'll take a while, so the project will be afk for a moment.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm

I am hosting this again, but I found a problem with version 1.07a. In single-player, it works fine, but in client/server mode, when you choose a class, it acts a lot like you haven't: you are still invisible to the monsters and slow, and you can't shoot, but you have the hud and on-screen messages to indicate that you have chosen a class. I am hosting version 1.07, which does not have this problem.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 am

Yeah people already told me about that, this happened since Zandronum 1.3, I don't know why.
Actually I'm working on my Invasion project(CFH), finishing 2 maps and after that I'll make the v1.07a that'll just be a fix, before adding anymore stuff in this mod I'll have a lot of important things to complete like INVUX(2 maps to do).

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:29 pm

I started to work on this bug, hopping this will be fixed in the week.

Edit: Bug fixed by using the scripts from v1.07, then the v1.07b is out.
Last edited by fr blood on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Version 1.07b is on my server now, for another about 1.5 weeks, making it another extended 4-week run for Beast Incarnation. I will be hosting this again and again in the future.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:54 pm

fr blood wrote: Yeah people already told me about that, this happened since Zandronum 1.3, I don't know why.
Actually I'm working on my Invasion project(CFH), finishing 2 maps and after that I'll make the v1.07a that'll just be a fix, before adding anymore stuff in this mod I'll have a lot of important things to complete like INVUX(2 maps to do).
I wanted to ask you could you please make a thread of Chaos Invasion from Hell(CFH) on this forum?, I've been following your progress thru this link http://static.[bad site]/wads/ :v:
It really will do benefit :biggrin:

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote: I wanted to ask you could you please make a thread of Chaos Invasion from Hell(CFH) on this forum?, I've been following your progress thru this link http://static.[bad site]/wads/ :v:
I didn't want to make this because I knew how some people will react(mod with toons of R667 stuff = shit), but if you are asking it then I'll do it when the v1.1 will be out. :cool:

Kara Kurt

Post by Kara Kurt » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:38 pm

fr blood wrote: (mod with toons of R667 stuff = shit), but if you are asking it then I'll do it when the v1.1 will be out. :cool:
Erhm.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:48 pm

fr blood wrote:
Sepia-Paper wrote: I wanted to ask you could you please make a thread of Chaos Invasion from Hell(CFH) on this forum?, I've been following your progress thru this link http://static.[bad site]/wads/ :v:
I didn't want to make this because I knew how some people will react(mod with toons of R667 stuff = shit), but if you are asking it then I'll do it when the v1.1 will be out. :cool:
Who said it was shit or going to be shit?..I play the most best stuff that Doom Community can throw out and yours is on the Top in mine :biggrin: (Replayed it 3 times by now)

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote: Who said it was shit or going to be shit?..I play the most best stuff that Doom Community can throw out and yours is on the Top in mine :biggrin: (Replayed it 3 times by now)
I prefer to don't quote them, to avoid some conflict in this thread, whatever, I'll open the thread as fast as possible. :wink:
I'm also glad to hear that you enjoy this project.
I forgot to make a changelog.txt, bug I think that no necessary because this project doesn't have any balance or important stuff, I'll just say when new map are available.
Kara Kurt wrote: Erhm.
It's not my view, bro, not my view. :v:
Last edited by fr blood on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.