Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Post by Ivan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Ænima wrote:
Lollipop wrote: Ænima your post reminds me of a hentai map for invasion (armageddon I think)

[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

The whole reason I mentioned it was because it was from the original InvUnl.

:qualityposter:
What the hell is that map oh geez...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm

I wanted to check, but BE copy of it is broken, and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.
I gotta check again though, because (this do sound wierd) it will be kinda nostalgic for me to see that map again, I remember it kind of well, good old days when Tail$ was a niceguy.
*nostalgia*
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Anyways, I apologize to the OP for bringing the old project into this. This can be split if need be.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Conmon

Post by Conmon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Ooh, I'd like to make a map for this! I'll probably just start the framework of my level, in case there's any fancy ACS I need to stick in later.

EDIT: What's your thought on mappers adding their own custom textures?
Last edited by Conmon on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm

No time to waste. SHOWTIME!
Spoiler: First screenshot! (Open)
Spawn room
BTW, I suggest you to post a maplist of those map slots that have been taken, the author of the map and a progress of it (if its possible).

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Guardsoul wrote: BTW, I suggest you to post a maplist of those map slots that have been taken, the author of the map and a progress of it (if its possible).
BTW, I suggest you to create a room on IRC.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow alot has happened since I slept. Lets see here
Guardsoul wrote: No time to waste. SHOWTIME!
Spoiler: First screenshot! (Open)
Spawn room
BTW, I suggest you to post a maplist of those map slots that have been taken, the author of the map and a progress of it (if its possible).
Hey I am liking that shot. I can make a maplist of sorts, but I do not have a map limit set yet. Kinda like back in the old invasion unleashed we just made maps and things until we reached 32 maps (which we kinda did IIRC), I'll sort something out though.
Ænima wrote: As long as there's no "anime mansion" ...
My friend, there wont be one of those. There will be a invuwtf but I do not know what I/we are going to do for it yet. Stay tuned I guess?
Klofkac wrote: Do you want void-style map? (MAP32 of jumpmaze is an example) I think I started making one earlier but abandoned it, I can return to it.
A void map would be cool :)
Ænima wrote: Anyways, I apologize to the OP for bringing the old project into this. This can be split if need be.
Nah no need, you simply asked a question. It's fine yo :P (well more off it seems you wanted to make sure we were not re-creating... that)
Conmon wrote: Ooh, I'd like to make a map for this! I'll probably just start the framework of my level, in case there's any fancy ACS I need to stick in later.

EDIT: What's your thought on mappers adding their own custom textures?
Sure thing. I did say you can use any texture you like, just make sure we can get the permission to do so :)

EDIT: Made irc channel #invuled-ew, join up mappers/testers and anyone else who feels like it.
Last edited by mifu on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 pm

I fail to see any reason this project deserved an entire board to itself. Why the hell is there an entire board for this project?

President People
Forum Regular

Post by President People » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:01 am

Ijon Tichy wrote: I fail to see any reason this project deserved an entire board to itself. Why the hell is there an entire board for this project?
And password protected, at that.
Last edited by President People on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 am

Maybe they plan for it to be to Zandronum what Community Chest 4 was to Doomworld.
Yes, Community Chest 4 got a board. With the caption "Will it ever stop?".
Last edited by Untitled on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:51 am

im working on some invasion maps and stuff i want to use, but im afriad it will be forgotten onto oblivion due to my lack of pro-skills and shit, so, if you allow me, i would like to join the project :D

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 am

Ijon Tichy wrote: I fail to see any reason this project deserved an entire board to itself. Why the hell is there an entire board for this project?
I did ask Metal if it could be created. It was meant to be hidden, used as a hidden space between myself and the mappers/testers to use but the forum software prevented her from doing that.

So she just made it password protected, the price was it would be visible to anyone but you need the pass to access it. I hope that kinda explains it.

EDIT: No one can post in it yet atm so something be broken. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
Last edited by mifu on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:41 am

This is gonna be epic.

\:D/
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

agaures
Forum Regular

Post by agaures » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:25 am

D-do you mind if i make a map for this? :o
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 am

agaures wrote: D-do you mind if i make a map for this? :o
Go ahead dude. I also got the sub forum fixed, so when I get home, I'll add some information there and give those who are making a map/testing for this access.

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:25 am

Great to see that there are lovers and haters for Anime Mansion map.
For me it was fun to make such a map layout, it was certainly something new.
I am the Anime Mansion map creator, also under guidance of Mifu, who had great idea's for it at those days :smile: and sure we had soo much fun making it.
Also that map was only accessable via a secret entry from map 11 or 12 i believe, so it was skippable. (for those who hated that map)
That you people saw that said map so often, was just because the hoster of the server set it up so.
However, that is what i believe. :neutral:

Anyways, i would not go for such layout ever again for invasion modes.
let me say, it was just a 1-timer only. :wink:
Last edited by UnTrustable on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moti
Forum Regular

Post by Moti » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Hey, the first Invuled was really cool. Sorry for ditching the map I was making for it for Arma 2, I lost motivation along the way. :P

Maybe if I have time again I'll be glad to make a map. Other than that I'll be glad to beta test if you need any testers o/

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Moti wrote: Hey, the first Invuled was really cool. Sorry for ditching the map I was making for it for Arma 2, I lost motivation along the way. :P

Maybe if I have time again I'll be glad to make a map. Other than that I'll be glad to beta test if you need any testers o/
Hey man, sure thing. It would be cool to have you on the team regardless :P

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am

mifu wrote:
Ænima wrote: As long as there's no "anime mansion" ...
My friend, there wont be one of those. There will be a invuwtf but I do not know what I/we are going to do for it yet. Stay tuned I guess?
Oh. Cool! Can't wait to see what kind of whacky shit goes into INVUWTF. 8U

mifu wrote:
Ænima wrote: Anyways, I apologize to the OP for bringing the old project into this. This can be split if need be.
Nah no need, you simply asked a question. It's fine yo :P (well more off it seems you wanted to make sure we were not re-creating... that)
Pretty much.

UnTrustable wrote: Great to see that there are lovers and haters for Anime Mansion map.
I don't hate it. It just felt really out-of-place and the gameplay was kinda meh. And filesize++. And I could never really play it at a decent framerate because of the hires textures and large quantity of 3D floors (some of which were purely detail). :/
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Ænima wrote:
UnTrustable wrote: Great to see that there are lovers and haters for Anime Mansion map.
I don't hate it. It just felt really out-of-place and the gameplay was kinda meh. And filesize++. And I could never really play it at a decent framerate because of the hires textures and large quantity of 3D floors (some of which were purely detail). :/
If i remember well, which i dont, but im working slooooowly on a fixed version of invuled 1, the hires textures on the walls, could be turned off, OR...if you start in software mode, which Skulltag engine once wasnt able to have 3D floors in software-mode, the walltexture said something offensive to the software users.
Yeah i know, i'm that bad. :razz: Back in those days the reason that was once given by the anti-3D floors dev's about not to have 3D floors in competitive gameplay, was stupid and not-valid to me and many more people, so that was the joke-yet-serious my way to protest about this subject.

The said map had so many little, sometimes fun, things in it, that made the file size increase tremendously.
It is still fun to play, but yeah, its totally out-of-place invasion map.
Normal standard invasion maps always had an area, and more area's go open the further the waves becomes.
I am normally not following standard behaviour, so what started as being a level-up based invasion map slowly grew with more things, like secrets, and a hidden cinema with some sexual orientated images on the screen, the kittens out there, the secret weapons which triggers even more hundreds of custom monsters per wave.....

Importantly, the said map is skippable. To get there you really have to do some effort and so, you are doing it with the intension to get there.
Unless the hoster sets or resets its server to that said map, again on purpose, or knowingly.

Okay, Ænima, You dont hate m that much. :smile: I got it, and i certainly didnt took it the offensive way.
Peace man.
I might come up with an even more 'chaotic'-styled map. :cool: in the near future.
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.