Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Fused
Contributor

RE: Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Post by Fused » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 am

arghghg wrote: Is it just me, or do the dropbox links in the OP go to a 404 page?
True, I believe the two links below are the latest:
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... av0.11.pk3
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... us_v10.pk3
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:27 am

Decay wrote: Got around to trying these out. I'm not much for survival/coop/invasion, so I can't comment too much on the actual mechanics.... Some nitpicky details though.

There are several maps with instances of bumpy floors. Floor detailing is cool and all, but if you do a lot of it, it's going to get bumpy. Add invisible 3d floors or transfer heights to smoothen things out while retaining the detail you want.

Instances of getting caught up on things and walls. Impass lines that should be. On the other hand, ie in map02 (i didn't pay attention to the map ##, just went through in whatever order the alpha has), there are impass lines where they probably shouldn't be, for example where the monster spawns are. It's slightly jarring to hit an invisible wall like that!

Decoration, like http://i.imgur.com/DmvOiOx.png got me stuck.

I liked a lot of the new sprites, I haven't seen many of the monsters before and some were kinda neat. http://i.imgur.com/fq62RK9.png this fucker however... seems overbright and didn't have smooth animations at all. Maybe something is up in the decorate?

Map01 seemed kinda bland for a map01. The accessible cliffs on the outside... http://i.imgur.com/77YZRdh.png You might consider making an additional set of cliffs to avoid this while still being able to rj up there. Maybe there was another way of getting there? I didn't see it.

http://i.imgur.com/97Msxuw.png woo. Also, http://i.imgur.com/MRw1bkS.png caution tape on the understand here might look better, there was so much gray I thought I was in some 1930s movie.

http://i.imgur.com/3M1erAA.png Sprite doesn't fit quite properly and even managed to lag me, which was surprised (I play in software with capped fps) considering this is a pretty strong laptop. This sprite problem was universal in all maps were used.

The caves map (map03 iirc) was actually awful to play. As noted, there was always some monster missing and I never knew where the hell I was. http://i.imgur.com/IFU4ID6.png this area was also extremely loud. The mechanics on this map kinda sucked, ie boring because the spawn spots were mostly the same. Too many things coming out of the same spots, snoozefest. Translucent demons in the caves, oh my. Never see them. I ended up having to nextmap this one because there was some stray demons and "kill monsters" never occurred to me until later. sv_fastweapons 2, http://i.imgur.com/tHabSRe.png this weapon spazzed the fuck out moving over terrain, holy shit. Also, that sprite has the shotgun shell hull ejection port moving, but it doesn't eject empty hulls, nor does it move back far enough to give the illusion of ejecting hulls.

http://i.imgur.com/JWOQ6eM.png why the FUCK can't I walk up these steps? And actually I couldn't seem to escape this area even with jumping, why? That's bad news bears. Areas like this should really be mostly walkable, it sucks to play jump maze when you're dodging shit.

Those lost souls that emit green gas, holy shit that gas lingers a long time and does so much damage. Maybe tone it down?

http://i.imgur.com/zjMONWb.png Check those. Also, with a map like this, the big square area should be the last area (last 2 waves). To spend a whole map in here is kinda eh, but this is a room that could potentially be very grand and make a big impression. Is this anyway that this could be done?

Untrustable's map was awful, took me down to 6 fps. Ho Lee Shit. After that I was done.

The firefly cannon is pretty cool, slow start up though. Needs a new sprite, and probably should add sounds to it.
Thanks for the feedback!

It seems theres a bunch of shit to fix :D

As for your issue on invux09, its a weird one as it does not happen for me. It might be an opengl thing however. I'll need to investigate this further.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Decay wrote: ... That's bad news bears. ...
You wouldn't happen to watch TheRadBrad on youtube, have you? He does say it a lot in his game playthoughs.

Anyhow, I agree with Decay. Also, that LSD Imp (wtf is its name.. Ultius?? or whateva...) seems to lag everyone out of the server. This happened on two maps.. The Firefly map, and the uhh.. that Guardsoul map that looks like its in the air.. You know what im talking about.

Though I think its on that "Rainbow" map as well.. So yea..

abbuw

Post by abbuw » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:37 am

Some progress on my invasion map.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
ImageImageImage

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm

I am playing through it right now, and I will add my cents here as I get through the maps:
Spoiler: INVUX01 (Open)
The map starts out in a corridor that looks kinda nice, but the item spawning it beyond me. I don't see the usual logic of spawning pads or any such indication in the maps geometry.

The next room is bland, and I thought I should go there, getting stuck behind the monsters.

This made me think the next room wasn't a go, and I didn't get the rocket launcher at my first go (I restarted with lower difficulty because sigh-inducing monsterspam)

There is a lack-of-logic corridor, the one in the picture decay posted with the marine that got him stuck, there just started spawning monsters, while I was standing by the door being all "why is there a corridor for no reason here?...)

Then there is also the secret you get, for jumping out over a railing and running to what seems like an open room with acid floor? Just to be sent back up? I don't see the point to be honest.

Besides that the map portrays a bit of good thinking in terms of architecture, specially towards the later waves.

Regarding monsters, the choices in monsters seem to be to spice up the gameplay? In which case the map does this try miscredit, or else other monsters should have been picked, as the crampedness of the map in the early stages just mase it into a rambled reload-exercise with no real feel to it (rather wanted to play duel at that time, just loading my ssg anyway), and the unique way of some of the monsters was kinda overlooked.
Later, those green soul variants just pissed me off, they are just way too annoying and there are way too many of them. Also, when I have a rocketlauncher, and a horde of ground enemies coming, it felt rewarding to use it, but when ther suddenly were turbo-chaser-super9001 souls headed my way before I could react my face blew up. I didn't like that as a player.

The map also loose a lot of character with the large use of realm667. I don't say you should stop using it, I just say it feels less original.

Has potential, but it isn't optimal.
Spoiler: INVUX02 (Open)
this map starts off very well, the layout of the starting room allows for a viarety of ways to take on the first wave, and it presents clearly the doors in the sides, giving the player note of the possibility that they can open later.

It performs rather well, until it reaches the point where the hades elementals just suddenly rapes through. My first death. My first hundred deaths on that map goes to those fuckers. Damn it, seriously. And AFTER that you give me my big bang for my buck with an RL... I could have used that for the minibosses >.< .

The map also have the same issue as the first with a lack of pads, but in this case it is monsters spawning right at me, as I thought "this is where i am supposed to stand!" and suddenly the last bosses spawn right on me blowing me into the void of the shit god.

The bosses are besides their onehitter fucknugget attacks a joke, they were quickly killed by me just picking them one at a time and just painlocking them with the plasma rifle.

The map is good, but damn there must be done something on those seemingly random monster spawns, they are annoying as fuuuuuck.

BTW the map looks really good.
Spoiler: INVUX03 (Open)
this map both looks great and plays well.
The visuals are amazing with bolts of lightning smashing into the ground right in front of your nose, powerful enemies soon make you search the map for the weapons, ammo and health to face them, the strong bosses will make you struggle to survive.

10/10
Would play with a friend.
Last edited by Lollipop on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I´ll take note of that.

Some more feedback is also appreciated!
I dont care about how bad your maps are. Everything can be improved.
Banned for cheating at DoomBuilder.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Spoiler: INVUX06 (Open)
I liked the map a lot, it continued to surprise me throughout the most of the map.

The hades elemental have to go. It is more difficult to deal with than anything else except the last bosses. They are also very annoying to deal with overall, and I just used sv_fastweapons 2 to get rtid of them instantly to get to the good part. Killing them feels like a chore and they shouldn't be used as middle-way bosses.

I didn't get the plasmagun, simply because I was in the start of the map, unsure where the enemies would spawn at. I went to the RL spawn room and noticed the cells too late.
The revenant clusters were just annoying and didn't offer much excitement. I would bet my cents on this being because I played singleplayer.

The last boss encounter felt like a sloppy reuse from INVUX03 :(
I would kinda say that the boss choice didn't work that well overall to be honest.
Their attack can hit your whole movement area for the most of the map all the way back to spawn, which is annoying.

The map was good, but it wasn't that memorable.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:31 am

Hi folks,

Just to let you all know that we have not died yet, Infact, abbuw has not forgotten. Infact check this screenshot out!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also good news is, I found the issue with the very first invasion unleashed and I am now in the process of fixing the issues.

I am thinking of adding them into this map set as well that way there will be the old maps also.

I dont know if I will have time to make maps better though as it's sequel is priority but those who have played the first one before, let me know your fav maps and I might make a "best off" out of them :)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 am

yay it's not dead D:
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 am

The details of this screen is sure at another level. Well done!

mifu

Post by mifu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:41 am

fr blood wrote: The details of this screen is sure at another level. Well done!
You can thank abbuw for that.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Re: Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Post by Blast98 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:21 am

Now I would love to submit a map into this level pack. So sometime very soon in the future, I'll create a map for this as I planned to. :)

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:31 am

finish

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:37 am

Still being worked on. Dont worry lads :P

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:57 am

mifu wrote:Still being worked on. Dont worry lads :P
omg u alive. Maybe i still have that map i made like 2 years ago for this mod, i can retouch it and add some stuff, but as before i would like to have a resource file from the base pk3, if theres no problem of course.