Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

RE: Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within

Post by Lord_of_D: » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:48 am

i made two maps for this and sended them to mifu, but he hasnt gaven me an answer about if they can be in the wad :(

Sensless99
New User

Post by Sensless99 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 am

Sounds nice!
There seems to be a lot of invasion wads that go for quantity over quality, but looking back at the original Invasion: Unleashed, it is of high quality, so I'd love a sequel!
Speaking of which, is there still a download link for the original Invasion Unleashed?

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 am

Ive been busy so sorry for late replies
Lord_of_D: wrote: i made two maps for this and sended them to mifu, but he hasnt gaven me an answer about if they can be in the wad :(
I had a look at those, I will PM you about them later when im off work
Sensless99 wrote: Sounds nice!
There seems to be a lot of invasion wads that go for quantity over quality, but looking back at the original Invasion: Unleashed, it is of high quality, so I'd love a sequel!
Speaking of which, is there still a download link for the original Invasion Unleashed?
Thanks for the feedback.

I might have an old copy somewhere, but I may not.
I may fix all the bugs in it some day :P

I'll see if I can find something when I get home.

mifu

Post by mifu » Wed May 21, 2014 3:18 am

Sensless99 wrote: Sounds nice!
Hey I think there is a link somewhere, I'll PM it to you when I confirm it.

Anyways we are thinking that we give you guys a taste of what we are doing, so in a couple of weeks, we will release an alpha of what we got.

Also we are currently looking for mappers to help out. Got enough testers already :P

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:39 pm

That you people saw that said map so often, was just because the hoster of the server set it up so.
If random rotation is enabled and player vote this map away, then after they've played their map - the rotation picks the previous map again...

So this map got voted often away and the rotation went always back to it.

random goes only to next map if you play the map instead of voting it away. Thats annoying. I dont know if they fixed that already though.

I loved the first unleashed, but the replacement maps for the wolfygirl maps disappointed on a lot maps. And I wasnt allowed to mix them up on my server to have all good maps together. That was pity. For example INVU03 was soooo much better the previous version with the sniper rifle. The whole idea of the map was dead with the new version. And the final fight with just insane HP cybers was quite boring. A boss fight would have been cool here. But the fight was ok with the high damaging sniper though.
The unrealmusic+poison map with the snake boss was much better than the new version too. sooo much better.
Yeah that was really pity that she wanted you to remove her maps ..
Stadium with the huge number of waves was better too.

Some maps were unfinished or buggy(crashes) which was pity, because it were interesting looking ones.

But : Please go ahead with boss fights. I love it to have boss fights instead of normal wave endings at final wave. Unleashed had lots of boss levels and I liked that.
at best every map has a boss. I would appreciate that. And if its a realm667 monster or whatever, but I love bossfights for invasion. custom bosses even better. This makes it interesting.

And maybe make a map with a Quad Shotgun (maybe even dropped by quad shotgunzombies xD)

I hope you wont get again with someone in anger, so that we dont have to take again map replacements which are worse compared to the original.

I loved unleashed and I have a high hope into this :)
Last edited by De-M-oN on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mifu

Post by mifu » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 am

Thanks for the feedback!

The first one was good, but it was as you said.
It sucked we had to pull those maps, we were actually forced to since wolfy did not want them in anymore due to... well you remember.

I can safely say we should not have this problem anymore :P

The main problem now is well... mappers. We lack em and our current ones are also working on multiple projects at the same time. This may take a while. hehehe
In the mean time, I am still working on an alpha build. Just fixing up some small things first.

mifu

Post by mifu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am

Oh my!
Spoiler: This is pretty sick, Thanks CloudFlash (Open)

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:56 am

mifu wrote: Oh my!
do you think that can give seizure attacks?

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, in my opinion this might cause seizure attacks, BUT! People who are in danger of seizures usually know better than play a gamemode in which players are literally overwhelmed by thousands upon thousands of monsters that throw fireballs, rockets and coins at you. Which means, Seizurers - in theory - do not play invasion mods, which means - also in theory - no Seizurer will see that map, which means everything's cool.
Still, I think I'll have to include a warning screen at the beggining of the map, just in case.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Lord_of_D: wrote:
mifu wrote: Oh my!
do you think that can give seizure attacks?
Yes if its rapid color change or flashes then yes it can.

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

For any maps like that I will add a warning message that stays there for about 5 secs at the beginning of first wave.

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:17 pm

A suggestion for a map :) :

You start outside and see a castle in front of you.

You progress to the castle and you have to capture it. So you progress into the castle and you are progressing in it until you have fully captured it.

So first wave for example is how said outside the castle and first wave may be the destruction of the guards at entrance. Then you enter the castle and you progress capturing it from wave to wave.

On highest level of the castle could be a throne room where you have to fight for example an avatar as boss or an buffed up Archon of Hell or sth like that. Or a new enemy if doable for you.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 am

I like the idea, I would like a plot twist though:
The iron throne.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

mifu

Post by mifu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:27 am

Hey guys,

Just to let ya all know that this project is still alive. Just taking our time. I think people have been busy as off late but this is still getting worked on. However it is not the reason why I have posted here.

If I recall correctly I did say that there were no plans to make this compatible with Brutal Doom. While that still stands, unfortunately someone (who I wont name) decided to message me asking for it, and even though I said no, this person wanted to be a cheeky BANANER and tell me that it was my job to do it and starts insulting me.

So because of this, I am not accepting ANY requests to make things compatible with this. Sorry folks.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:59 pm

There is no need to make it compatible with brutal doom, not at all.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Hey mifu, if you could, can you please re-send me my password? I tried to catch you on IRC but you were afk all the time or just weren't here.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Moti
Forum Regular

Post by Moti » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Tux wrote: Hey mifu, if you could, can you please re-send me my password? I tried to catch you on IRC but you were afk all the time or just weren't here.
Same. I appear to have lost mine.

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Moti wrote:
Tux wrote: Hey mifu, if you could, can you please re-send me my password? I tried to catch you on IRC but you were afk all the time or just weren't here.
Same. I appear to have lost mine.
why would you guys even erase the pm with passes anyway
just, just why
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Will send then when i hit up a pc

mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm

So there's a server of InvuledEW n nowhere to be found ;/