The Space Pirate Neo (V.0.1.2a Alpha Released!)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
torridGristle
Registered just to make one post

RE: The Space Pirate Neo (V.0.1.0 Alpha Released!)

Post by torridGristle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 am

HexaDoken wrote:And finally I found myself unable to execute the last combo from list on ZDoom topics(the one with 10 buttons but it doesn't start with telekinesis), no matter how hard I tried.
I suspect the problem is that it's hard picking up on the rhythm because some punches and kicks are delayed so you get no cue telling you that you actually completed the next part of the combo so I created this mod that will silence the melee and play a metronome at the start of each part.

I am very good at the 10-hit combo with this.

P-K-P-P-K-P-P-P-P-K

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5896qdsc6pk62 ... ronome.pk3

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Marty Kirra wrote: Zeke for instance, sounds like a cannon.
It does not. I can barely hear the firing sound, which is absolutely absurd considering that I can hear the pump sound perfectly. I.e. pump is louder than shooting by a rather large degree.
Marty Kirra wrote: I realize that I did advertise the mod as being part of the Weaselverse but the mod is only grouped together in terms of story. ... but I'm not carrying a torch from Diaz or any of the other projects within the 'verse, if that makes any sense.
Funny thing - when my friend dropped this on me I thought it's Weasel's shenanigans again until the very moment I stopped by the thread on ZDoom and found out that it's not. This mod is very reminiscent of Diaz and other projects of the verse, whether intentional or not. It's not just the weapon sounds, either.
Marty Kirra wrote: The pistol does have a set fire-rate meaning you can't just mash and expected it to shoot every time you hit the button, but it is quite responsive otherwise.
It is possible to have the pistol have a set fire-rate yet make it more responsive than it is now. As of right now, if you clcik the fire button when pistol is not ready for fire yet, it will simply discard the click and pretend you never did anything. What would be nice is that if you would press the fire button when pistol is not yet ready for fire the game would fire the pistol as soon as it is ready. This might create some awkwardness but in my opinion it's better what it is now. Ditto for the shotgun.

Shotgun IMO is not powerful enough to necessariate unresponsiveness to balance. With near-perfect timing, it's only a bit more powerful than the normal doom shotgun; without it, it's more worthless than the pistol.
Marty Kirra wrote: The armor system in TSP encourages close combat so a little bit of that is intentional, but as I've stated above this is only an alpha so the weapon balance isn't all there yet.
Seeing as how I tend to use melee in 95% of fights on maps where armor is an incredibly rare sight, no, it's not only armor.

That being said, I'm not really a fan of armor system - with it having 100% protection rate, it just practically turns into extra HP, with the added penalty of removing pain flashes thus making it harder to figure out what the hell is chewing on you right now.
Marty Kirra wrote: The feature needed to pull it off is only available in (G)ZDoom, unfortunately. Hopefully that will change soon! :)
Which one we are talking about here? Perhaps there is a possible zan-compatible workaround for it, or if there really isn't, perhaps you could leave a suggestion on the tracker for an out of date backport.

Marty Kirra
New User

Post by Marty Kirra » Sun May 04, 2014 3:07 am

Alright! So it's been awhile since I've said anything about progress. I've recently teamed up with my buddy Scroton and we're hopefully going to be pumping out updates more often! We're already making some pretty big progress with the GZDoom version, which you can download below! (TSP Neo coming next, we're working on it now!)

Open Alpha Download (G/ZDoom)
Mirror
Version 0.1.2c (G/ZDoom) (Updated 05/03/14)

NEW FEATURES
  • + NEW WEAPON: "Dahlia" Custom Concealable Weapon - Go stealthy with this accurate crossbow, or make a blast with the explosive alternate bolts!
  • + NEW WEAPON: Marston Arms RPG-2090 (The “Toolbox”) - This micro rocket launcher packs a punch, but features a unique flak cannon alternate fire!
  • + NEUE WAFFE: Maschinenpistole 40! Obwohl Sie brauchen, um durch Zeit und Raum reisen, um zu bekommen es...!
  • + NEW ABILITIES: MAG PUSH and MAG SLING! Mag Push allows you to push back projectiles and foes, while Mag Sling uses the enemy as an anchor point and catapults you towards them!
  • + Zeke has gotten a major upgrade in the form of alternate shell types! Included are Buckshot (your average shotgun shells), Shock (for tough targets), Hellfire (special shells that you can burst! Make sure to bind that Special/Melee button to have them burst!), and Poison (for crowd control!) All of your shells share a pool, but look out on Blue Vertigo's YouTube channel for more documentation and tutorials on how to use the new Zeke!
  • + Melee attacks for every weapon included! Bind the "Special/Melee" key in your controls!
  • + Zeke no longer needs to be clicked to be pumped! However, clicking fire again will pump faster!
  • + Pistol reload completely reanimated!
  • + New sounds for both Zeke and the 919m.0!
  • + Monsters have smoother animation thanks to DECORATE black magic!
  • + Menu rework!
  • + Minor hud update with new text and info about the multi-shell types!
  • + Berserk Pack will now double the strength all your melee attacks! This is temporary, a new Berserk replacement will be coming in an upcoming build!
  • + Chaingunners ahoy! Our heavy weapon-wielding foes have three variants, and pack quite a punch! Bleed mortal!
  • + The Lost Souls have been given a Space Pirate makeover! Yikes!
  • + A new zombie variant has been added!
  • - 919m.0 has more starting ammo and can fire faster in semi-auto mode.
  • - You can now find TSP on MOD DB! Check out the site for tutorials and more!
  • - v.0.1.2c: Fixed issue with poison pellets disappearing through walls.
Also, new VIDEO TUTORIAL! Learn about v.0.1.2's new features, and all that other jazz!
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

Marty Kirra
New User

RE: The Space Pirate Neo (V.0.1.2a Alpha Released!)

Post by Marty Kirra » Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 am

The new version of TSP Neo is here! Sorry for the wait.

Open Alpha Download (Zandronum)
Mirror
Version 0.1.2a (Zandronum) (Updated 05/24/14)

We've added two new weapons, multiple shell types for the shotgun, and a whole bunch of other stuff! Give it a look!