SamsaraHold Resurrection + Enhancer

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.1 - A New Era...

Post by Ivan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 am

Untitled wrote: It just actually requires you take no damage
Good now only people who go afk or just flat out hide in an online game of 3 or more will actually get it. Nice.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Ivan: There's a $2500 bonus for taking 50 or less damage, and a $1000 bonus for taking 100 or less damage. (and the red armor helps immensely with that)

The point is

$5000 is way too much for a bonus you can get for 10 missions in a row (which, in multiplayer, I've done), resulting in making a joke of Tier 5.

A joke

of Tier 5.

Nope.avi
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:18 pm

With the old godlike bonus, I can easily make a joke of the entire game.

Entire game.

In singleplayer on ultraviolence.

I'm actually judging from classic stronghold and not samsara stronghold, but if classes in samsara are all roughly equal in power to Doomguy then I can handle this too.

It's a bit too overkill, don't you think?

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:30 pm

HexaDoken wrote: With the old godlike bonus, I can easily make a joke of the entire game.

Entire game.

In singleplayer on ultraviolence.

I'm actually judging from classic stronghold and not samsara stronghold, but if classes in samsara are all roughly equal in power to Doomguy then I can handle this too.

It's a bit too overkill, don't you think?
It's hard to say which is better. Stronghold wins in single player, but Samsara is actually a bit easier in multiplayer due to other classes covering each other's weaknesses.

EDIT: Plus all the new start settings are making things easier still

EDIT #2: And who plays this single player. Play Stronghold (without samsara) for that. I have the patch if you want you're enhanced original stronghold.

EDIT #3: Also, I'm in the beta woooooooooooooooooooo
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

I feel guilty double-posting but damn Beta 4 of SamsaraHold 0.1 is out (as you can guess by this point, 0.1 is never going to come out until I find a good place to stop which is never) and the changelog has pretty important things like

-Better balance
-Moar CVars
-Moar CVars
-Moar Switches in Intermap to adjust
-Some bugfixes

So yeah it's out have fun!

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 pm

If there is one thing that I would like to see in this mod's future revisions would be a scripted timer that kicks the server back to MAP99 automatically whenever the server empties out during a mission and stays empty for a configurable duration amount.

Another idea would be to set an infinite lives mode where the jail and lives system is irrelevant, but the enemy hordes are bigger, more dangerous, and dying takes a fraction of the level's bonus money away instead. (It won't take beyond $0, but you can still respawn at that point.)

Making a flag that makes players drop all of their useable inventory items (Exception, only lives beyond the default 5 should drop.) on disconnect if it's set to TRUE, would also be nice.

Making the delay time between waves configurable would also be nice, as well as changing Nightmare difficulty to make enemies do double damage instead of respawning. (I remembered the first level being almost unbeatable without the server admin killing all the monsters because enemies keep respawning outside the players' reach.)

One more thing, a shared money mode would be nice, where all the money earned total would be shared for all players. The advantage of this is that, since this is a server-side value, players won't lose their money if they happen to get disconnected. (Perhaps make a pukeable script to quickly set the bank amount in case of server crashes.)
Last edited by ArcheKruz on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:14 am

ArcheKruz wrote: If there is one thing that I would like to see in this mod's future revisions would be a scripted timer that kicks the server back to MAP99 automatically whenever the server empties out during a mission and stays empty for a configurable duration amount.
Currently, a change map vote suffices. Also, I change the map back (since I'm server host) most of the time when the map empties. A script to do this would be nice, but I dunno.
ArcheKruz wrote: Another idea would be to set an infinite lives mode where the jail and lives system is irrelevant, but the enemy hordes are bigger, more dangerous,
Ugh. Stronghold's acs is already a pain to figure out, so don't expect a feature like this any time soon. It's basically be shotgun frenzy anyway.

But actually, I want to go one step farther on why it wouldn't work:
Certain classes in are designed to die faster than others, and removing the threat of death ruining the game sort of ruins the paradigm. BJ, although his damage isn't great (it's still better than most people assume, but that's not saying much), is great at surviving due to picking off enemies at long range, while SO and Parias are probably the strongest heroes, but require a risky strategy of getting up close.
ArcheKruz wrote: and dying takes a fraction of the level's bonus money away instead. (It won't take beyond $0, but you can still respawn at that point.)
That is sort of impossible to implement; as bonus money is individual; some people will get thousands of credits while others get a rock, and making the poor get poorer is never a good idea (see on why I hate mechanics that give bonuses to people already ahead in competitive games)
ArcheKruz wrote: Making a flag that makes players drop all of their useable inventory items (Exception, only lives beyond the default 5 should drop.) on disconnect if it's set to TRUE, would also be nice.
I'm hesitant for this one, mostly because it's abusable; join, buy, disconnect, join again, buy again, recollect items, disconnect, etc. It's why Item Drop is already disabled.

What I instead would do would have a credit drive: your excess credits can get poured into the drive, and others can take from it. Whenever you use the drive, it takes 1200$ as deposit fee so you can't abuse it (you start with 1200 credits). Again, because of excess ACS and whatnot (I'm already having a hard enough time trying to get this thing working as is), don't expect a feature like this soon.
ArcheKruz wrote: Making the delay time between waves configurable would also be nice, as well as changing Nightmare difficulty to make enemies do double damage instead of respawning. (I remembered the first level being almost unbeatable without the server admin killing all the monsters because enemies keep respawning outside the players' reach.)
As of right now, it's 2X monster count+fast monsters and no monster respawn (For comparison, UV is 1.5X monster count).

Configurable delay time...I don't really see the point. The delay times are reasonable right now.
ArcheKruz wrote: One more thing, a shared money mode would be nice, where all the money earned total would be shared for all players. The advantage of this is that, since this is a server-side value, players won't lose their money if they happen to get disconnected. (Perhaps make a pukeable script to quickly set the bank amount in case of server crashes.)
Oh heh. I don't know where to start. That is ACS ingenuity beyond mine. Also, again, with all the individual bonuses aaaaarrrggghhh acs.

EDIT: Cool suggestions though. I'm always happy to see people share what they think.
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Gosh darn it I have to double post but

Release Candidate is up now! Finally!

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Can I still roflstomp godmode solo anymore? Or has there been significant changes that prevent such now which actually revolves around different characters?
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Espio wrote: Can I still roflstomp godmode solo anymore? Or has there been significant changes that prevent such now which actually revolves around different characters?
The whole "Godlike the first ten missions in a row" thing was stopped via removing the super shield (and putting the Red Armor in it's place, for a cheaper price).

Currently, SO/Ranger are probably the best characters.

The whole character dynamic works funny.
-Doomguy is plain solidly amazing, with weapons from the stronghold arsenal that really help augment his weaponry. His strength is pretty obviously killing power, but his crowd control power is lacking in some aspects.
-Chexguy is probably the least-played, but he's an equally solid pick. His defense is pretty good, and the SLZ is really great for long ranges, making it quite useful in Stronghold. His strength is obviously his defense.
-Corvus is funny in that his damage is not the best; but he's incredibly nice to have, because his weapons are efficient, meaning he doesn't ammo hog; his storing things in the inventory can keep him on the field for longer, making his damage sustained for longer; His storing things in inventory means he can't item troll. Probably my favorite char to play aside from ranger. He has no weaknesses, but no real strengths.
-BJ is pretty amazing due to having the longest range. His damage is actually pretty good given that, but this comes with the weakness of eating bullets, and he eats through bullets fast. With a max of 400 at most, to the ammo pads you will be going a lot to restock (though thankfully shells-to-bullets conversion means that he doesn't eat through all the ammo).
-Parias on the other hand is the opposite; his range is lacking. In the best interests of making him playable, I gave him a rather massive damage buff; he hacks things apart at an unrivaled speed with the axe, and the serpent staff is incredibly useful. The firestorm is quite powerful for a Slot 6; and the flechette is amazing in stronghold. Plus his use of bullets is so efficient that you don't have to worry about ammo, for the most part. The main weakness he has is getting into melee range, meaning hitscanners kill him easily.
-Duke is really powerful due to the nature of explosive weaponry in stronghold. The explosive shotgun is a lifesaver in rare occasions; the RPG is practical, and +FORCERADIUSDMG means that you clean out the boss monsters. However, his extra damage can really add up against him, resulting in him needing to go back to the health pads more often. Also, a lot of his weapons rely on rocket ammo, making him precarious to use.
-Security Officer is VASTLY underestimated. His SMG is very, very good, the WSTE-M5s are probably the best shotgun in SamsaraHold, The Fusion Pistol is a very efficient utility weapon (which works wonders against the normally obnoxious Cybruisers and Terminators), the MA-75B has grenades which help keep crowds down, as well as has a fast fire rate for pain-locking. The SPNKR does incredible damage per rocket, giving it insane efficiency (meaning that you'll almost never run out of ammo after picking it up), and insane crowd control. The TOZ-T has +RIPPER, which, although it runs out of cells easily, it crowd controls -the main point of stronghold- very well. The WMC...I had to nerf it. Despite the fact no one really plays the SO, because that's how freaking powerful it is!
-Ranger...Screw Ranger. He's really fun to play, but every single thing he has annoys me as a dev. Hard to balance? Check. Bugs up? Check. Everyone plays, meaning that I can't actually screw around without people noticing? Check. Fun to play? Super-Check.

EDIT: Fixed WMC. It should be at a balanced level now.
Last edited by Untitled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:09 am

Alright, the second Release Candidate is now out. Have fun!

EDIT: Release Candidate 4 is out. Hotfixes Everywhere!
Last edited by Untitled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Release Candidate 5 is out. Smaller update, but it's finally starting to look like something respectable. Releasable. Something that doesn't look rushed.

It's also going to be the final update before final release.

The server is up. Have fun.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.1 - The New Era

Post by Untitled » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:01 pm

The Circle of Heroes against The Circle of Hell.

Hell goes first. Good luck.

And it's here.

0.1 is released. Probably a couple more bugs, but I'm running out of time.

Enjoy.

The server is up.
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 pm

From the other thread:
Frits wrote: Don't know if you are aware but there's some problem with invisibility. I keep getting this error about pickupfail invisibility in the last level of stronghold (playing as ranger). Plus you can get stuck in teleports if timefreeze is active. (No idea if that's samsara's fault though)

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Frits wrote: Don't know if you are aware but there's some problem with invisibility. I keep getting this error about pickupfail invisibility in the last level of stronghold (playing as ranger). Plus you can get stuck in teleports if timefreeze is active. (No idea if that's samsara's fault though)
Yeah. To explain in detail:

Basically if you try to pick an invisibility sphere up while yours is currently active it goes to the pickupfail state and cancels your pickup.

Then I fail to include the said pickupfail state.

It's luckily a minor bug; it's getting fixed next version, and I'm not going to reset the server over it because who cares about invisibility spheres

The TimeFreeze thing is weird, I've never seen it before. Now, in multiplayer, often what happens is that two players grab time freezes at the same time, and that causes you to get stuck, so that'd be it.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Phoenix7786

Post by Phoenix7786 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Hey there. I downloaded this, opened the pk files via Zandronum and I keep getting this message:

Script error, "samsarahold-v0.1-core.pk3:decorate/core/armor.dec" line 578:
Replaced type 'SuperShield' not found in RedArmor

Since I'm currently overseas here in Africa, we're billed monthly in proportion to the MB's we use on the Internet. Before I spend more money on Internet, should I re-download this? Is this error a result of a flubbed download (and given Africa's network yes it's not uncommon for me to have to re-download the same file to ensure its integrity)? Thanks!

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm

No,

Let's see...

You forgot to run Samsarahold with the necessary files. SuperShield is defined in strnghld_v1.pk3, and a bunch of items are defined in the other 4 files.

In order for this to run you need to go to look at my server setup, and play with all 6 files.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

On an unrelated note, SamsaraHold v0.1B is going to coming out, polishing maps and fixing bugs from 0.1. It's samsara tradition for something to break.
Last edited by Untitled on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Phoenix7786

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.1b - The New Era

Post by Phoenix7786 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 am

Thanks for trying to help me!
I'm virtually-illiterate when it comes to this mod stuff (having just stumbled across this). I understand that I need to CTRL click and drag multiple stuff over to be opened with a specific file. The most complicated thing I am capable of is dragging a map-pack and Brutal Doom to Zandronum to open it in Brutal Doom. And never having played any of these older games online (or never even used IRC) I have no clue how join or set-up these servers.

What are the 6 files I need to select? Let me guess here and show what I know:

1. samsaraHold-v0.1b-core.pk3
2. samsaraHold-v0.1b-code.pk3
3. strnghld_v1.pk3
4. EDIT: strnghld_violence_v4.pk3 ?
5. EDIT: StrongHoldEditsNFixesv1.1PatchV4.1.​pk3 ?
6. EDIT: StrongholdItemsV7.1.pk3 ?
(7.?) StrongholdUntitledPatchV45.pk3

EDIT: Ahh ok looking at your spoiler I see a few other .pk's. It looks like I am missing strnghld_violence_v4.pk3,StrongHoldEditsNFixesv1.1PatchV4.1.​pk3,StrongholdItemsV7.1.pk3

Do I just google up those missing pk files then? I don't see them in your first post.
Last edited by Phoenix7786 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 am

The Stronghold Untitled Patch is for purposes of not playing Samsara with stronghold, but keeping the changes I've made, so you don't need it.

Generally speaking, Samsarahold doesn't really run too well in single player, but hey, go ahead.

Yes, those are the right six files.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Phoenix7786

Post by Phoenix7786 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Ok I guess I'll google those missing PK's up. Oh I intend to try the MP whenever I return back to the U.S. For now I just want to get them to work. Thanks! I really appreciate all the patience you're showing a greenie like me.

EDIT:

Googled up the missing PK files. Selected all 6, dragged them onto Zandronum (and loaded on Doom2's WAD) and it still gave me the same error.

[spoiler] OS: Windows NT 6.2 (Build 9200)

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
adding C:/Zandronum/zandronum.pk3 (553 files)
adding ./doom2.wad (2919 lumps)
adding C:/Zandronum/announcer/ZanACG.pk3 (104 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/announcer/ZanGeneric.pk3 (105 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/strongholditemsv7.1.pk3 (405 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/samsarahold-v0.1-code.pk3 (44 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/samsarahold-v0.1-core.pk3 (7219 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/strnghld_v1.pk3 (9901 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/strnghld_violence_v4.pk3 (9 files)
adding C:/Zandronum/strongholdeditsnfixesv1.1patchv4.1.pk3 (382 files)
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
CPU Speed: 1098 MHz
CPU Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
Name: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz
Family 6, Model 42, Stepping 7
Features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2
I_InitSound: Initializing FMOD
FMOD Sound System, copyright © Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2009.
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
P_Init: Checking cmd-line parameters...
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsarahold-v0.1-core.pk3:decorate/core/armor.dec" line 578:
Replaced type 'SuperShield' not found in RedArmor [/spoiler]
Last edited by Phoenix7786 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.