ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15d (updated 2/6/19)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0c

#41

Post by Mr. Repo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Aaaaaand I released an update. Just another long overdue bug fix. Nothing spectacular. Still worthy nonetheless. Also discovered a nice engine bug while doing this that I'll have to report to the tracker. Hooray.
Spoiler: Data V3.0c Changelog (Open)
General:

-Changed the team names to represent gemstones because the irritating gimmick has long been played out

-Teleport fogs had some missing frames from before. This is so minor that I don't even consider this a bug, but an oversight

Strife

-All monsters that are affected by the repair drone now have a portion that will turn blue that indicates they have been hit and affected by the repair drone

Bugs:

-HOPEFULLY telefogs were fixed. Probably not. I really don't care anymore

Hexen

-Centaur(& Leader): Both Centavos had an extremely small chance of being permanently invulnerable

-Bishop: Team Bischoffs still had the old fadeout code. While not notable with the exception of abrupt disappearing, this would appear in server consoles every time one of these guys died

-Traductus: Team Traviseseses still had the old fadeout code. While not notable with the exception of abrupt disappearing, this would appear in server consoles every time one of these guys died

-Zedek: Team Zackaries still had the old fadeout code. While not notable with the exception of abrupt disappearing, this would appear in server consoles every time one of these guys died

Strife

-Stalker(Upgraded): Team based Stalkers with the leap upgrade when revived would turn into Acolytes. I don't even know how I managed this one

-Sentinel: Silver team Sentinels were unaffected by any repair drone but the red teams

-Order Turret: Non colored Order Turrets were unaffected by the repair drone. Also only red team Turrets worked correctly via the repair drone while every other team could be revived by the red team drone. Yipes

-Sniper Templar: Repair Drones on LMS and for green and silver teams revived vanilla. I can almost guarantee that I'm the only one who picked up on this

-Devastator Crusader: Dev Crusaders still had the old fadeout code. While not notable blah blah blah...

-Spectre A & B: Neither Spectre dropped mana upon death

Chex:

-Bipedal Flemoid: Green Team Bipeds did Blue Team damage

Virus:

-c375: The flight limiter could be bypassed by repeatedly shooting a teleporter or remover projectile

-Cooldowns: Land Carrier and Leader's cooldown times were flipped

-Mesh Walker: Team Mesh Men still had the old fadeout code. While not notable with the exception of abrupt disappearing, this would appear in server consoles every time one of these guys died
Download: ZDoomWarsIv3.0c.zip

Now move along...

User avatar
CloudFlash
Zandrone
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Wonderland (except not really)

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0c

#42

Post by CloudFlash » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Okay so:
HP bars are broken now - they aren't showing anything except the constant 'full hp' and one short moment of 'absolutely no hp' when the monster is dying. Also, for some reason, prism shots pass through yetis... while still hurting them. And I just checked, prism shots aren't rippers, so that's kinda worrying.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

User avatar
SwordGrunt
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0c

#43

Post by SwordGrunt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

CloudFlash wrote: Okay so:
HP bars are broken now - they aren't showing anything except the constant 'full hp' and one short moment of 'absolutely no hp' when the monster is dying. Also, for some reason, prism shots pass through yetis... while still hurting them. And I just checked, prism shots aren't rippers, so that's kinda worrying.
Any shots seemingly pass through yetis, that's a Zandronum bug regarding reflected projectiles that don't actually appear to be reflected (their actor is, but their sprite isn't). I don't know what the hp bar could be though, I'll check that out...

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0d

#44

Post by Mr. Repo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 am

Yeah the HPBar thing was my mistake. I was trying to mess with redoing the bars to conserve bandwidth and forgot to unclientside em. Hence ZDoomWarsIv3.0d.pk3 was made and immediately released as soon as I noticed the issue.

Also Gardevoir has agreed to fill the longtime open position of ZDWars mapper. He's does some incredible work as I'm sure a lot of you know, and based the little I've seen so far that he's done for this mod, well... he's going to definitely bring the maps up to the level they should be at. Very very excited for this!

I really should buckle down and just release another version to try and address the last few balance issues I've noticed. Eh, in due time I suppose.
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0d

#45

Post by DevilHunter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Umm.. is zdoomwarsiv3.0resources.pk3 still needed in order to host?

Watermelon
Zandrone
Posts: 1244
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: Rwanda

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0d

#46

Post by Watermelon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:00 am

Repo, can you contact me on IRC or through PM. It's important for making ZDoomWars very stable.

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#47

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:54 am

Terminus gave me the 411. Consider me interested when testing time comes. I'll find you tomorrow at some point in case there's anything else.
DevilHunter wrote: Umm.. is zdoomwarsiv3.0resources.pk3 still needed in order to host?
Yes it is. That contains all the artwork, sprites, and sounds y'know.

Oh and the 'e' revision update... That just fixes Heresiarchs so they do proper team damage, and spawn the correct color Bishops. Also I had forgotten to compile the flags script with the updated Land Carrier and Leader cooldown times so that's also been addressed... again.

Download: ZDoomWarsIv3.0e

De-M-oN
Forum Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#48

Post by De-M-oN » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:10 pm

What happened to the addon server with the nazi, tormentor etc classes? Me really misses that :(

Gardevoir
Forum Regular
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am
Location: Tekwall4

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#49

Post by Gardevoir » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 am

I suppose that the person that was hosting those servers on BE simply stopped doing that. The wads are probably still out there somewhere.
Never forget... 8.10.2012
(O+|+<) ~*

HI

De-M-oN
Forum Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#50

Post by De-M-oN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:24 am

That would be a good reason to host again an own server then.

I highly prefer the nazi class over the standard classes, because I can play better with them.

And also it brought more variety into the battlefield :)

Gardevoir
Forum Regular
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am
Location: Tekwall4

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#51

Post by Gardevoir » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 am

De-M-oN wrote:I highly prefer the nazi class over the standard classes, because I can play better with them.
Heh, custom addon classes are pretty unbalanced and mostly overpowered. No wonder you can 'play better with them'. If you want you can just host the server yourself and hope someone comes in.
Never forget... 8.10.2012
(O+|+<) ~*

HI

De-M-oN
Forum Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#52

Post by De-M-oN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 am

they didnt feel overpowered at all I must say.

I can play better with them yes, but that doesnt mean I'm suddenly unstoppable. But I can handle them better than doom. But doom isnt weak. And especially not weaker than nazi. Its just ME. On the other hand you could say doom is totally overpowered because of icon/spectra or whatever he is called atm.
Good Players would kill me also with nazis as they would do with doom.
And I can also die by virus. So I dont think at all that nazi was overpowered. Same for tormentor.

The classes which were chosen in the server were quite good choices. Imo the balance was very good like it is with the standard classes as well.


Thats at least how it felt in the game.
Last edited by De-M-oN on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hangphyr
New User
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:01 am

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0e

#53

Post by hangphyr » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I'd be highly interested if someone dug those old teams out, and if they were compatable with the newest Zdoom Wars version.

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#54

Post by Mr. Repo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:59 am

Well here's to another revision update. Now we're on 3.0f and the maps are at 1.6c. Should be pretty good to go.
Spoiler: Data V3.0f Changelog (Open)
--------------------
General:

-A big unnoticeable change, but all the decorate files internally are now .dec instead of .txt. I guess if you're studying (STEALING1!11!!!#$) the code from this it saves you from having to set each txt as decorate in your lump editor

-Made a rudimentary script to prevent telefrags. It activates and deactivates sv_unblockplayers at the beginning of each round. Also added -TELESTOMP to the classes for the heck of it

New translations: Silver Sentinel

Strife:

Balance:

Virus:

-Turret: Turrets can no longer hit ghosts. There. Now leave me alone about this

Bugs:

-Telefogs produced by the monster remover would not appear

Doom:

-Mancubus: When retrofitted to the flame version and teleported on TLMS, Mancubi would revert back to the normal version

-Vile Pulse: Vile pulse Viles when removed by the monster remover dropped blue mana

Strife:

-Repair Drone: This a rather bizarre one. Online in servers this seems to be completely busted and just clears any translation whatsoever. Offline or a server I host it works fine. I'm going to take a guess and say it's because of how the translations are loaded. I gave them their own separate script and since there's no way of testing this until this is uploaded... here's to hoping!

Virus:

In addition to previous versions Land Carriers and Leaders cooldowns being flipped, their limits also were. You could summon 3 Leaders per round and 4 Land Carriers

-Landcarrier: I still don't believe this to be a real bug. The original code is fine, and not to mention I've never had anyone tell me how to reproduce it nor have they ever actually confirmed seeing it. I've also never seen it personally and the Land Carrier can jump around so it doesn't necessarily always spawn all 50 pairs at once. Talk about blasphemous rumours. Anyway I rewrote the Drone summoning code where no matter what, the Land Carrier will summon 50 pairs of Drones maximum. Period
Spoiler: Maps V1.6c Changelog (Open)
Fixed various texture errors throughout several maps. Never ending process, but everything counts!

ZDWARS12: -Whole map got a complete texture rehaul and is now known as 'Verdant'

ZDWARS26: -Vanilla Hexen was able to remove or teleport Tyketto

ZDWARS29: -Mana wouldn't spawn during the random intervals
Download:
Data: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.0f.pk3
Maps: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoom ... sv1.6c.pk3

And that's all she wrote. I also finally revived the irc channel at #ZDoomWars. I don't know why I waited this long or why this is happening either soooooo... hope you enjoy it!
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SwordGrunt
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#55

Post by SwordGrunt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Mr. Repo wrote: Well here's to another revision update. Now we're on 3.0f and the maps are at 1.6c. Should be pretty good to go.
Spoiler: Data V3.0f Changelog (Open)
--------------------
General:

-A big unnoticeable change, but all the decorate files internally are now .dec instead of .txt. I guess if you're studying (STEALING1!11!!!#$) the code from this it saves you from having to set each txt as decorate in your lump editor

-Made a rudimentary script to prevent telefrags. It activates and deactivates sv_unblockplayers at the beginning of each round. Also added -TELESTOMP to the classes for the heck of it

New translations: Silver Sentinel

Strife:

Balance:

Virus:

-Turret: Turrets can no longer hit ghosts. There. Now leave me alone about this

Bugs:

-Telefogs produced by the monster remover would not appear

Doom:

-Mancubus: When retrofitted to the flame version and teleported on TLMS, Mancubi would revert back to the normal version

-Vile Pulse: Vile pulse Viles when removed by the monster remover dropped blue mana

Strife:

-Repair Drone: This a rather bizarre one. Online in servers this seems to be completely busted and just clears any translation whatsoever. Offline or a server I host it works fine. I'm going to take a guess and say it's because of how the translations are loaded. I gave them their own separate script and since there's no way of testing this until this is uploaded... here's to hoping!

Virus:

In addition to previous versions Land Carriers and Leaders cooldowns being flipped, their limits also were. You could summon 3 Leaders per round and 4 Land Carriers

-Landcarrier: I still don't believe this to be a real bug. The original code is fine, and not to mention I've never had anyone tell me how to reproduce it nor have they ever actually confirmed seeing it. I've also never seen it personally and the Land Carrier can jump around so it doesn't necessarily always spawn all 50 pairs at once. Talk about blasphemous rumours. Anyway I rewrote the Drone summoning code where no matter what, the Land Carrier will summon 50 pairs of Drones maximum. Period
Spoiler: Maps V1.6c Changelog (Open)
Fixed various texture errors throughout several maps. Never ending process, but everything counts!

ZDWARS12: -Whole map got a complete texture rehaul and is now known as 'Verdant'

ZDWARS26: -Vanilla Hexen was able to remove or teleport Tyketto

ZDWARS29: -Mana wouldn't spawn during the random intervals
Download:
Data: http://neszone.net/ZDoomWarsIv3.0f.pk3
Maps: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoom ... sv1.6c.pk3

And that's all she wrote. I also finally revived the irc channel at #ZDoomWars. I don't know why I waited this long or why this is happening either soooooo... hope you enjoy it!
The links seem broken, for those who want to download here are the fixed links:
http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.0f.pk3
http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoom ... sv1.6c.pk3

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#56

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:07 am

Erm, boy that's embarrassing. Glad you fixed and posted the links on your own and now they're edited and good to go on my posts. Thanks for letting me know!

Overall though I am extremely satisfied with this release. I certainly want to squash as many bugs as I can no matter how small or insignificant they may be. I think this version might be the least buggy release in quite some time.
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am
Location: Void Zone

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#57

Post by -Jes- » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:13 am

Mr. Repo wrote: - and now they're edited and good to go on my posts.
No they're not. Maps link still points to 1.6B. :v:

Flareon
Banned
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm
Banned: Permanently

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#58

Post by Flareon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:42 am

r.i.p 3 textures map :(

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0f

#59

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:43 pm

-Jes- wrote:
Mr. Repo wrote: - and now they're edited and good to go on my posts.
No they're not. Maps link still points to 1.6B. :v:
...

I'm just ashamed now.

Thanks for pointing it out though!

User avatar
Mr. Repo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0g

#60

Post by Mr. Repo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

And another minor update. This version is more of a retroactive compatibility release for the Zand 2.0 release with a few minor bugfixes thrown in of course.
Spoiler: Data V3.0g Changelog (Open)
General:

-This release is primarily to make sure everything is compatible and working in Zandronum 2.0. There are a lot of under the hood anticipatory bug fixes and code changes to make sure everything works smoothly. I have a hunch though that more will be found so please let me know

-Removed -TELESTOMP from the player classes. Yeah that was a big mistake. I quickly learned there was a reason that flag wasn't deactivated to begin with

-New Translations: Green Pain Elemental(s)

Bugs:

Doom:

-Lost Soul: HUD messages listed the wrong amount of health for Lost Souls. This applies to the Pain Elemental versions as well

Heretic:

-Garogoyle: Vanilla Garogoyles still had the bugged revive state where they would endlessly produce corpses

-Garogoyle: Silver Team Gargoyles could not be ghosted via the ghost wave

-Mummy(Ghost): Mummy Ghosts were missing the PUSHABLE flag

Hexen:

-Swamp Stalker: Team LMS Stalkers didn't ever enter their firing states. How did this one go unnoticed for so long?
Download: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.0g.pk3

Enjoy!
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply