Release Guidelines

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Release Guidelines

Post by Metal » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 am

This forum is for maps, modifications, projects, releases and the like for Zandronum.
Any projects that are a work in progress (WIP), Alpha, or Beta, are suggested to use the thread prefixes.

If you're posting your release here:
  • Threads for projects require a description. Updates and releases also need at least one or more of the following: a download link, screenshots, and/or video. If a thread does not meet these requirements it may be immediately locked and the author may receive a warning.
  • Be able to accept criticism. By posting criticism, a user is taking the time to help you improve. Whether or not you're going to use it or even agree with it be sure to keep an open mind.
  • Don't make useless bumps. You are allowed to bump your thread for updates and fixes, but never do it without reason.
  • Always credit your sources which includes but is not limited to: textures, sprites, code, anything you modify, music, sound, and maps. Make sure you also follow the author's instructions about using his or her work in project. Some may require you to ask for permission, others might only allow you to use the resources if it serves as an add-on, and sometimes they will not allow you to use them at all. Whatever the instructions are, you must follow them. If outside sources are used, a list of credits must be included with the project. It is suggested to add a textfile in a zip with the project.
If you're posting in a releases thread:
  • Be honest! If you feel something looks bad then say so, but explain why. People won't improve if they can't learn their faults.
  • Stick to the topic at hand. The user's releases thread is for the user's release and nothing else. All offtopic posts will be removed and if it happens frequently by the same user, he or she will receive a warning.
  • Don't bump threads older than one month. If you have any questions or comments regarding the project then PM the author of the thread.
To everyone:
  • Never get personal. If you don't like someone, fine. Take it to PM and keep it away from here. The purpose of this forum is to release projects so let's keep it that way.
  • Keep it civil; always. If you see someone breaking a rule or doing something wrong then use the report post function. Never backseat moderate or retaliate!
  • Remember that all the standard forum rules still apply here.
Last edited by infurnus on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheUnbeholden
Registered just to make one post

RE: Release Guidelines

Post by TheUnbeholden » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Consider releasing via the ModDB Zandronum addons or mods page:
http://www.moddb.com/games/zandronum

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Should also:
Limit how many times a user can bump with new updates.. aka don't put a new update if it didn't fix a significant bug or unbalance/oversight.

Can this thread be made to appear to anyone making their first thread in this subforum somehow.. because most ppl won't bother to read any sticky?
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm

For some reason I have severe trouble reading the word "subforum" without thinking something weird.

I disagree with the above post. I believe that project authors have the right to update as often as they want.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:28 pm

HexaDoken wrote:
I disagree with the above post. I believe that project authors have the right to update as often as they want.
I didn't mean daily or less fast updates.. I meant ppl who oversight a bug and release a new version every 10 minutes
Nothing to see here