[DEAD] Deathrun

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.

What if 16+ players are playing?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Total votes: 0

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

RE: Deathrun

Post by W1D3A55 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Last Night Record. GOOD FUCKING LORD!
Watermelon wrote: Stall is notorious for his D.
Lollipop wrote: What does ETA mean? I'm sorry, but I don't get too much around on the internet.
For the best song you'll ever hear, click this link
I DARE YOU

Josse

Post by Josse » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 pm

W1D3A55 wrote: Last Night Record. GOOD FUCKING LORD!
Holy Tits, I didn't realize it was THAT much people. o_o
Current Projects

Dead shit

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Activators got their butt kicked too much that time
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here

Echo
Forum Regular
Clan: Red Bullet Pact
Clan Tag: [RBP]

Post by Echo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 pm

More maps need 'checkpoints' to slow down any speedrun attempts, and a few of traps should probably be expanded so that Runners can't SR40 jump over them while activated. Activators just get overwhelmed once a server picks up, and not even repeatable traps would help much.
H ELLO AM 48 YEAR MAN FROM SOMALIA. SORRY FOR BAD ENGLAND. I SELLED MY WIFE FOR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR PLAY AND I WANT TO BECOME THE GOODEST PLAYER LIKE YO U

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

Post by W1D3A55 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Echo wrote: More maps need 'checkpoints' to slow down any speedrun attempts, and a few of traps should probably be expanded so that Runners can't SR40 jump over them while activated. Activators just get overwhelmed once a server picks up, and not even repeatable traps would help much.
Another idea would be to maybe have a "stamina" kind of running, so that you can just run your ass to the finish and the activator not catching up at all.

Suggestion: Make 2 deathrun v10 servers and set the limit on both of them to 16. Any more and it just becomes a clusterfuck of moronic spimitty spamitty LOLOLOLOJAJAJAJA nonsense with no real fun involved.

To Josse: I'm eventually gonna send you a modified version of the map you already have. My map has some issues that need to be addressed, as well as the fact that my map should probably be expanded upon.
Lollipop wrote: What does ETA mean? I'm sorry, but I don't get too much around on the internet.
I DARE YOU

Josse

Post by Josse » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm

I was wondering, perhaps make the Runners EVEN slower, but include a Dash feature, allowing a dash every 10 seconds or something. You could use it to either trick the activator, pretending to go forward, but then dashing back. Of course, dashing won't make you travel at light speed. The downfall of this for the runners would lower their default speed, and using dash at the wrong time could have you lose valuable time. Maybe that'll help the activators a bit?

As for limiting the player limit, I feel as if that's the easy way out. :\ I dunno, its fun to see a whole dick-load of idiots running around.

To W1D3A55: Alright, I'll be waiting for it. Also, you should probably lower the buttons after they're used, so the activator knows which ones he has used already.
Current Projects

Dead shit

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm

People already step on the edge of traps and run backward... dont think dashes will nerf them even if lower movement speed -also that'll make that jumpmaze map more annoying -_-
Nothing to see here

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah please don't lower the run speed any more.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm

W1D3A55 wrote: Suggestion: Make 2 deathrun v10 servers and set the limit on both of them to 16. Any more and it just becomes a clusterfuck of moronic spimitty spamitty LOLOLOLOJAJAJAJA nonsense with no real fun involved.
And that's where: Multiplayer>Ignore player>Player name

Comes in handy.
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I agree with the idea of a server split, the number of people is too huge, 15 runners must be max for an activator to handle.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Krispy

Post by Krispy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm

It's pretty obvious that a lot of people can't handle the small switches on DEATH11, so I've redone the activator's command room to be much easier to use and move around. Think Homer Simpson's workplace.

Echo
Forum Regular
Clan: Red Bullet Pact
Clan Tag: [RBP]

Post by Echo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 pm

So the switches are covered with donut boxes and empty cans of Buzz cola. Nice.
H ELLO AM 48 YEAR MAN FROM SOMALIA. SORRY FOR BAD ENGLAND. I SELLED MY WIFE FOR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR PLAY AND I WANT TO BECOME THE GOODEST PLAYER LIKE YO U

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

Echo wrote:So, instead of the proposed method of having two Activators, or only allowing a trap to be pressed once/twice, why not allow infinite use of certain traps but with a cooldown period? For the most part this would do a lot to deal with the "one-by-one" strategy, but at the same time it wouldn't allow the bigger traps to be spammed to the point of making a map unwinnable. In other words, how many times a trap can be used should be up to the mapper, but can still be changed for the purpose of balancing a map out properly.
This has been my suggestion but the number of damns given to it sums up to 0. :V
I still thinking that this is the best idea, splitting the servers sounds ridiculous (being polite): why would anyone split the server instead of improving the gameplay so that a wad is playable even with 64 players?

Krispy

Post by Krispy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 am

Newest version. Includes updated MAPINFO, map, scripts, you name it. Also includes a quieter version of DSBAREXP, the "ear rape" sound that people complained about.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nwgjx ... tching.wad
Last edited by Krispy on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 pm

What about making long maps? they could match perfect if there r 20+ players , cause longplays in this mod should be some fix for the "how to balance the game when it's practically impossible to kill all the Runners"

Oh how about surprising traps (i mean, some that doesnt need an activator) ex: hidden mines, squishing roof, walls, floor, some "fake floor", sliding rocks, falling things, etc...
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 pm

No, don't split the server. It's really fun seeing a crap load of people in the same server.

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 am

Pretty much what Blue said. There should be other ways of doing proper crowd control without forcing the players into splitting ways.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:13 am

I enjoy playing with 16+ people in one server as well. We just need an "auto-mute all Mexicans" feature to be implemented. Seriously. The Deathrun server is starting to feel like ZDaemon. Seeing "JEJEJE PUTA MADRE XD XD" at the top of my screen every .5 seconds.

And yes I know the ignore player feature exists. It's just a pain in the ass when the server is so packed.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

Post by W1D3A55 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 am

Welp. I did some work on my map, and this is what it panned out to. Although there are a few traps in here that im not going to even bother touching, most of the issues on this map have been fixed up. In addition, I've extended the map even more by adding 2 new areas and 4 traps as well,. Because of this , iv'e added 10 seconds to the time on this map (youll probably need them all heh). So take this josse and tell me what you think

http://www.mediafire.com/?uw4nu763ez262tk

Oh and just for the record, thisll probably be an OpenGL only map mainly because the new area looks like total shit in software (HOMs n shit for some weird reason).
Last edited by W1D3A55 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I DARE YOU

Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 am

I'd still prefer and would enjoy any map that has preset traps alongside activator traps as this adds more options for the activator, and it forces players to watch their steps. If I decide to make a map I'll show ya guys what I mean.

Any map with multiple traps in it makes it more fun and interesting to play.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...