Doom 2 Tower Defense

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Seiat

Doom 2 Tower Defense

Post by Seiat » Sun May 26, 2013 7:44 am

**********Doom 2 Tower Defense**********

Response has been pretty good so far. Gotta like that.

Here's some new screenshots, seeing as I didn't include any here:
Spoiler: Screenies (Open)

And here's an updated version, which fixes Zandronum compatibility along with some other bug fixes and tweaks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cdin9 ... 282%29.rar
Spoiler: List of Fixes (Open)
-Fixed Zandronum compatibility issues.
-Wait time between waves has been decreased
-Exploit fix: When pussying out from challenges, your ammo restocker and purchased government funding will no longer appear
-Exploit fix: The repair obelisk issue that was allowing free sentries
-Fixed a couple of other issues with the repair obelisk
-Sniper sentries now take longer to level up to railguns and beyond
-Fixed several missing actors
-Frost Sentries now fire faster projectiles and become much stronger at max level
-Fixed some challenges that weren't allowing you to pussy out, and left you stuck in the map
-Changed some achievement requirements to better fit the current length of the game
-Fixed an achievement that wasn't appearing at all
-Fixed the Vorpal Sword's ability charging issue when affected by the Flayed Mind ailment
-Fixed curing the Petrification ailment so it returns you to your original speed
-The SSG and it's altfire now level up a bit quicker
-Fixed Gas Mask and Boots of the North items disappearing at end of map if you find them from a monster drop
-Tweaked a few waves, changed a couple obituaries
-Increased/Added some Boss drop rates
-New rare items that Bosses may drop
-Adjusted obelisk prices in the shop
-Made several other small tweaks
You can run this update with skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3. Probably not worth the download if you've already started playing.

Sorry about the large file size. Here are some stripped versions:

No Custom Music (saves 16.3 MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vvbi ... ippedA.rar
No Fancy Sentry Info Displays (saves 15.2 MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ofn7 ... ippedB.rar
Fully Stripped of Music and Displays (saves 31.5 MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/4i0m4 ... ripped.rar

I highly recommend getting a version with custom music, it really does compliment this mod.
Spoiler: Known Bugs (Open)
1: Freezing Grells bug (Minor/Glitchy) :
When frozen, Grells don't take the palette from A_GenericFreezeDeath and have somewhat unpredictable behaviour in terms of item drop rates.

2: The 'Star' bug (Minor/Annoyance) :
After a sentry levels up while it's stacked on top of another sentry, if the sentry below is destroyed the one above will fall, but the level up stars will remain in the air. The star bug also applies to sentry invulnerability and resistance boosters. Nothing game breaking, just weird and annoying.

3: Multiplayer bugs (No longer a concern) :
Originally this was going to be a 1-2 player game. However, nothing worked properly online because of the way I designed this mod, so I've completely abandoned multiplayer support and made this wad fully compatible with single player. Man, some of those bugs online were just plain weird.

Any mappers who'd like to submit a map for the full version, it would certainly save some time and motivate me to continue.
Last edited by Seiat on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*********************** PROJECTS ************************
************ In Progress ---> Doom 2 Tower Defense ************
**************** On Hold ---> Internal Conflict ****************

Skornedemon
New User

RE: Doom 2 Tower Defense

Post by Skornedemon » Sun May 26, 2013 7:56 am

So... You posted a mod, for skulltag....on the zandronum forum...

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 am

It doesn't work on zandro? D:! Another reason why Zandobando should have never been born
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

HeavenWraith
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by HeavenWraith » Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 am

As far as I'm aware, Zandronum has 95% backwards compatibility with Skulltag when skulltag_data and skulltag_actors are loaded. Are you sure this is not the case with your project?
CloudFlash wrote: It doesn't work on zandro? D:! Another reason why Zandobando should have never been born
Certainly makes sense, dude.
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Sun May 26, 2013 11:13 am

Because of how archive loading works, the actors\weapons.txt in your mod file is overriding the one in skulltag_actors.pk3. You have to rename it for compatibility purposes.

Beyond that..

Initial feedback:
So much time tween waves.
Health text over turrets disappears way too quickly.
OHGOD THE BEEEEEEES!!!!
Also, NOSKINS? Really??
Last edited by -Jes- on Sun May 26, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doomtodeath
New User

Post by Doomtodeath » Sun May 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Who would post a skulltag map on ZANDRONUM FORUM?!??!?!?!?

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 pm

I'll sure be giving this a whirl later..

Offtopic : Most of you have skulltag already -and Seiat provided download link- stop acting like its the world end and its a reason this mod sucks :\..
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Qent

Post by Qent » Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Zandronum with ST actors/data is supposed to be backwards compatible with Skulltag 98d mods. If it isn't, then there's a bug somewhere. I am aware of one bug in Zandronum that could be causing your incompatibility, but I'll download it to check it out.
Last edited by Qent on Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Sun May 26, 2013 3:47 pm

CloudFlash wrote: It doesn't work on zandro? D:! Another reason why Zandobando should have never been born
Doomtodeath wrote: Who would post a skulltag map on ZANDRONUM FORUM?!??!?!?!?
This mentality is baffling, just saying. I swear there should be a banner at the top of the Zanny home page that says "New name, same great taste!"
Seiat wrote: Sorry about the large file size.
As long as it's not an MP3 or other music-related file that causes the size, it's totally cool. Mine is still DL'ing at this point, but good mods are worth the wait. :smile:

EDIT: lol the filesize is totally because of the MP3's. There should be a mandatory law that the music is downloaded in a separate pack for all modifications ever that don't use MIDI. I have to use internet credit because Australia's 3rd-world-ass internet plans suck ass, so using it on the music in a Doom mod is often not worth it if I don't know what I'm getting. Playing Zanny online usually requires a 15 minute wait before you actually get in a server, just because of the flashy non-MIDI stuff that usually adds nothing to the mod anyway. [/rant]

I don't mean to be a negative nancy. Your mod is well executed, about the only thing I'd say is I agree that there should be less waiting between waves. Overall though, this is cool indeed.
Last edited by Doomkid on Sun May 26, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

Post by Qent » Sun May 26, 2013 3:57 pm

My suspicions were correct: it is this bug. The mod will work in Zandronum 1.1. Meanwhile, you can keep it compatible with 1.1 and 1.0 by moving all DECORATE includes from actors/ to actors/d2td/ (and be sure to update #include statements in your main DECORATE file).

Seiat

Post by Seiat » Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 am

Woohoo!!
Thanks to scifista42, D2TD now works with Zandronum provided you run it with this patch:

http://www.speedyshare.com/hA8VP/skullt ... -fixed.pk3
(do not add skulltag_actors.pk3)

So far previous bugs with Zand aren't present, will be testing to find any possible additional bugs. Thanks again, scifista42!

And yeah... certain things were overlooked, like skins and stuff. Mah bad, not as good at this as I thought.

Also Qent, I appreciate you taking a look. I'll definitely be doing that for the full version if I get to it, for now though this patch seems to be working. Also in the full version I'll include an mp3 stripped copy to help that filesize... Mind you, a good chunk of it is the sentry info displays... Might have to do somethin about them as well.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 am

Looks interesting but not quite my type of mod for Doom. However, I'm curious to see where you're taking this. Good luck with it. :D
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Wed May 29, 2013 3:13 am

I'm glad to hear it's running with Zandronum :) Would you consider releasing another version without custom music (or maybe in a separate file) for people with slower connections?

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 am

I tried it out and it was pretty good.
Though, you should watch out for sentries when you are in front of them.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 am

IdeIdoom wrote: I tried it out and it was pretty good.
The PLAYERCLASS selection controls player damage from sentries.
The difficulty controls starting cash I believe.
Last edited by -Jes- on Wed May 29, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 am

pretty good :) and about sentries, almost all my deaths were thanks to them :V
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Wed May 29, 2013 12:28 pm

-Jes- wrote: Because of how archive loading works, the actors\weapons.txt in your mod file is overriding the one in skulltag_actors.pk3. You have to rename it for compatibility purposes.

Beyond that..

Cruduxy wrote:Offtopic : Most of you have skulltag already -and Seiat provided download link- stop acting like its the world end and its a reason this mod sucks :\..
IdeIdoom wrote: Though, you should watch out for sentries when you are in front of them.
-Jes- wrote: The PLAYERCLASS selection controls player damage from sentries.
The difficulty controls starting cash I believe.
katZune wrote: pretty good :) and about sentries, almost all my deaths were thanks to them :V
What am I, chopped liver??! :neutral:

.. Anyway, not sure if intentional, but Veteran starts with Repairgun selected.
Last edited by -Jes- on Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Holy shit Seiat THIS MOD IS AWESOME.
If someone is reading this and didn't play it, DO IT NOW!!!
can't stop playing this :D
edit: how to manually fire sentries? I am shooting them with my repairgun and nothing happens.
Last edited by Tux on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Seiat

Post by Seiat » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:16 am

Well, there was a decent amount of bugs that happened to slip under the radar, and a few new ones with switching to Zandronum, so I updated the download link in the first post.

Here's a list of what was changed:
Spoiler: Fixes (Open)
-Fixed Zandronum compatibility issues. Now works when run with skulltag_data.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3
-Exploit fix: When pussying out from challenges, your ammo restocker and purchased government funding will no longer appear
-Exploit fix: The repair obelisk issue that was allowing free sentries is fixed
-Fixed a couple of other issues with the repair obelisk
-Sniper sentries now take longer to level up to railguns and beyond
-Adjusted obelisk prices in the shop
-Fixed several missing actors
-Frost Sentries now fire faster projectiles, and become much stronger at max level
-Fixed some challenges that weren't allowing you to pussy out, and left you stuck in the map
-Changed some achievement requirements to better fit the current length of the game
-Fixed an achievement that wasn't appearing at all
-Fixed the Vorpal Sword's ability charging issue when affected by the Flayed Mind ailment
-Fixed curing the Petrification ailment so it returns you to your original speed
-Fixed Gas Mask and Boots of the North items disappearing at end of map if you find them from a monster drop
-The SSG and it's altfire now level up a bit quicker
-Tweaked a few waves, changed a couple obituaries
-Made several other small tweaks
In addition, the wait time between waves has been decreased by popular demand.

I don't really recommend downloading this version if you've already downloaded it and started a game, unless you aren't too far in, seeing as you would have to restart your game. If you decide to anyways, I've increased and added some Boss drop rates, and also given the majority of Bosses new rare item drops that you won't get anywhere else to keep things sort of fresh.

This should be the last update until the full version is 100% complete and tested multiple times.

Spoiler: Anyways... I feel it's time I answered to the lot of you who commented. (Open)
Skornedemon wrote: So... You posted a mod, for skulltag....on the zandronum forum...
I did. No regrets. Cheers.
Well, going with that logic, it works with Zan now, so that must mean Zandronum should have been born?
Yeah!! Like who the hell even DOES THAT?!??!?!?!? What a JACKASS RIGHT?!??!?!?!?
HeavenWraith wrote: As far as I'm aware, Zandronum has 95% backwards compatibility with Skulltag when skulltag_data and skulltag_actors are loaded. Are you sure this is not the case with your project?
-Jes- wrote: Because of how archive loading works, the actors\weapons.txt in your mod file is overriding the one in skulltag_actors.pk3. You have to rename it for compatibility purposes.
Qent wrote: My suspicions were correct: it is this bug. The mod will work in Zandronum 1.1. Meanwhile, you can keep it compatible with 1.1 and 1.0 by moving all DECORATE includes from actors/ to actors/d2td/ (and be sure to update #include statements in your main DECORATE file).
Yep, that's all it was, I had no idea at the time. Thanks all! Fixed with the update.
-Jes- wrote: Beyond that..

Initial feedback:
So much time tween waves.
Health text over turrets disappears way too quickly.
OHGOD THE BEEEEEEES!!!!
Also, NOSKINS? Really??
Time between waves has been decreased.
I sorta disagree with the health text over turrets, if it lasted any longer when the repair gun gets up to max level the armor display would be an illegible blur of overlapping numbers.
YES!!! THE BEEEEEEEEES!!!!
And yeah, haven't worked with skins before so I'm kind of lagging behind on that. I'll look into it for the full version.
Thanks for the input.
Cruduxy wrote: I'll sure be giving this a whirl later..

Offtopic : Most of you have skulltag already -and Seiat provided download link- stop acting like its the world end and its a reason this mod sucks :\..
Hahaha yeah, I honestly didn't think it would be a big deal. But it works with Zan now, and lesson has been learned, so all is good.
doom_kid92 wrote: I'm glad to hear it's running with Zandronum :) Would you consider releasing another version without custom music (or maybe in a separate file) for people with slower connections?
Sure thing.

I personally recommend downloading a version with music though, almost all music files included are Doom remixes by some great musicians: Ashley Carr, Sonic Clang, and a couple others. The music really compliments this mod. Anyways, made a couple variants with only the music / info displays stripped.

No Custom Music (saves 16.3 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vvbi ... ippedA.rar

No Sentry Info Popups (saves 15.2 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ofn7 ... ippedB.rar

Fully Stripped (saves 31.5 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/download/4i0m4 ... ripped.rar

Ivan wrote: Looks interesting but not quite my type of mod for Doom. However, I'm curious to see where you're taking this. Good luck with it. :D
Hahaha, to each their own right? Thanks for the good luck, it's always better then bad luck.
IdeIdoom wrote: I tried it out and it was pretty good.
Hahaha yeah. Grenade sentries are the worst for that. They just take your fully upgraded health, bend it right over a table and go straight to town. Fucking grenade sentries. Playing on Pussy mode definitely has it's benefits.
katZune wrote: pretty good :) and about sentries, almost all my deaths were thanks to them :V
Ahahahahaha!!! I always find it hilarious when people say that.
-Jes- wrote:.. Anyway, not sure if intentional, but Veteran starts with Repairgun selected.
Fixed. Originally Veterans and Badasses didn't give a pistol start, which I decided to change just to Badasses out of the goodness of my heart... if you can call it that. Ended up mixing up the order when I changed Veteran back.
Tux wrote: Holy shit Seiat THIS MOD IS AWESOME.
If someone is reading this and didn't play it, DO IT NOW!!!
can't stop playing this :D
edit: how to manually fire sentries? I am shooting them with my repairgun and nothing happens.
Hahaha thanks dude! You can only manually fire a sentry when it has a target within it's detection range.

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm

yeah, maybe i'll give this a try, from what tux said this is worthy, too bad it cant be played online