Mercenaries - progress? suuuuure ...

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Mercenaries v2.0 announced!

Post by Ænima » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 pm

ALIENwolve wrote:
Parad0x wrote: So if you buy everything in a menu now..does that mean there will be no shop map? I loved the atmosphere of it back then :<
I think there will be a hub map, but I can't confirm that yet.
There might be. Probably not in the first release though. It'll be the "Mercs Headquarters", an "HQ" map with -- wait for it -- ACTUAL FUNCTIONALITY instead of just being a "roam around and look at shit" kind of HQ. *gasp!*

The HQ will basically be a hub where players can choose which mission they want to embark on next. They can also screw off and blow shit up in the rec room (aka "wreck room") if they want to. Maybe like a big junkyard with cars and jugs of gasoline that you can throw grenades at? Having a SMALL training area within the HQ would also be nice. Nothing cliche or redundant, hopefully. Another idea I had was an "auction area" where players can bid on rare items that can't be picked up or purchased from the Buy Menu. Something like experimental ice grenades or a riot shield that reflects projectiles. Something cool that players would REALLY want.

Also, there will be many features that will eventually be incorporated in Mercenaries that will not be in the July 4th beta release.

My plan is:
Step 1: Initial release. Finish the core elements and get the mod hosted and played so that it gets a good amount of bugtesting and possible team members see an interest in the project.
Step 2: Team effort. Enlist mappers, spriters, etc. *pokes CaptJ3 with a stick* I suck and Alienwolve is too busy to map so I'll just leave much of that to other people who are willing to pick it up.
Step 3: Think of a Step 3 so we know where to go from here ...
ALIENwolve wrote: Dayum. Black M16 with a grenade launcher. That'd be way cooler. AEnima, you could totally have the burst fire just be part of an automatic function. Launching small radius grenades would be so boss.
Eh. Maybe. I like the current M16 a lot though. :<

I actually had an idea of making "special edition" or "rare" weapons and items that you can only acquire by completing bonus objectives or by killing "bounty" monsters (another idea i'll discuss later). Or maybe items that would appear in the buy menu with a "FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY" sticker on them. This would encourage players to stick around and play more to try and nab these rare items. ;p
DR_FUZZY wrote: Hey Ænima, want some of my old toys for this? I never ended up using them for anything :)

I'm free to do some sprites right now too, I could probably redo some of the hud for you if you want to pm me.
Hey man! Haven't seen you in forever. Glad to see that you're back. I have tons of ideas zinging through my head right now. Me and Alienwolve need to sit down and write up a list of things that we can commission you and CaptJ3 to sprite. And possibly Mike12 because we love him.
ALIENwolve wrote:
Capt.J3 wrote: I'm happy to see Mercenaries' back on its two feet again. :D

I would like to know if My M1 carbine or my Tar 21 can be part of Merc? (maybe both O.o) :P
You'd have to define their niche, since the idea is every weapon has a specific use.
Correct. There's also no more space in the buy menu. I COULD use them for my previous "auction"/"rare item" idea though!

Hopefully later today, i'll get a chance to edit this thread's OP and make a list of all of the weapons and items that will be in Mercenaries, including the "rare" ones that haven't been added yet. ;)
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Ænima wrote: Step 2: Team effort. Enlist mappers, spriters, etc. *pokes CaptJ3 with a stick* I suck and Alienwolve is too busy to map so I'll just leave much of that to other people who are willing to pick it up.
Actually, I suck too.

Doesn't mean I wont try though.

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Current M16 appears to be an M16A1, which is capable of auto fire. M16A1's have the classic triangular foregrip.

PS: I'm always lurking around :)
Last edited by DR_FUZZY on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 am

DR_FUZZY wrote: Current M16 appears to be an M16A1, which is capable of auto fire. M16A1's have the classic triangular foregrip.

PS: I'm always lurking around :)
There, you see? Everything is terrible.

Your glorious battle rifle is now instead another automatic. :V

Also, Fuzzy's version appears to not feature the badass rail bar.
Last edited by ALIENwolve on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capt.J3

RE: Mercenaries v2.0 - alpha coming July 4th!

Post by Capt.J3 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:12 am

Sure, I'll help you guys out with the Making Of The Mercenaires' HQ and some sprities! (Hell, I may start it. xD) Oh yeah, about the spirites's topic, I am making a L85a2! xXx, If you are interested in seeing this L85a2; then I'll Pm you it!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Mercenaries v2.0 - alpha coming July 4th!

Post by Ænima » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:01 pm

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Capt.J3 wrote: Sure, I'll help you guys out with the Making Of The Mercenaires' HQ and some sprities! (Hell, I may start it. xD) Oh yeah, about the spirites's topic, I am making a L85a2! xXx, If you are interested in seeing this L85a2; then I'll Pm you it!
Sure! Can't wait to see it.

ZandroSkins

Bloax
Forum Regular

RE: Mercenaries v2.0 - alpha to be released July 4th!

Post by Bloax » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 am

The CX4 HUD sprite is absolutely horrifying. :eek:

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Got anything better I can use?

ZandroSkins

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly a resource scout. So no. :(
But the current sprite is a definite no-go.
Last edited by Bloax on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:07 am

Alright, I'll see if I can find something.

Until then, the current CX4 sprites are a placeholder. :p

ZandroSkins

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 am

I'll come up with something once you get the alpha out. Just FYI the CX4 sucks balls for combat, got to target shoot with one once and after a few magazines the majority of the gun felt like it was on fire. Probably one of the worst guns I've ever shot.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:43 am

Wow that's not good. Was it a CX4 or an MX4?

Either way, this is just a game, sooooo ... :p

ZandroSkins

ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 pm

DR_FUZZY wrote: I'll come up with something once you get the alpha out. Just FYI the CX4 sucks balls for combat, got to target shoot with one once and after a few magazines the majority of the gun felt like it was on fire. Probably one of the worst guns I've ever shot.
Most people haven't even heard of it, so crisis averted.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Btw what was the worst gun you've ever shot, if not the CX4? :p

ZandroSkins

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 am

I'd say a Beretta 96D that I used to have. It was far too inaccurate for a full size handgun as far as good brands go. I've shot tons of off brand cheap crap that I couldn't really come up with any names for. Only things Beretta has made that really impresses me is the 92FS and their semi-auto shotguns.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 am

I've always wanted to fire a semi shotgun but I was never able to get my hands on one.

I've fired an AR15, many different civilian pistols including Glocks, S&W's, and Berettas, a civvie G3, a non-auto AK, a few different sport shotguns, and a billion .22 rifles and pistols. :p

I've always wanted to try: Any 30.06, a M1911, an auto-shotty, and an XM8 (out of sheer curiousity).

ZandroSkins

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Nice to see this project is back in Motion.. The only thing I wonder IS.. is the GiveAll Bug finally fixed? My god, that bug is so annoying. I just want to run around with all the weapons. Also, the class binds gots to go.. It messes up my binds, even though I can just whip up a config, that rebinds the keys after Merc's Loads.

Also, is the VoiceChat menu still in? I was wondering if you ever made it to where I can add in my own Sounds, and Possibly have that hosted as Separate VoicePacks like on Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. Also, I can't view Youtube vids with this shitty wifi connection, so if I do hit something that was covered in the vids, sorry...

Anyhow, if yall still want 1.9beta, which I'm sure Trix can't update now, Here it is

Just remember, you may need Skulltag_Data AND.. DON"T USE GIVEALL.. Else you will turn into a Furry with an OP Rifle, and just a claw. You won't be able to pick up any ammo for it, and you will lose all your weapons.

ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Haha. Devilhunter, none of that shit happens. There are no classes yet and give all gives you all. Also sound menus are pretty pointless.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:19 am

ALIENwolve wrote: Haha. Devilhunter, none of that shit happens.
Yea it does, in 1.9. Just load that up w/ skulltag_data.. I'm sure you will need to. Go to map01, type in Give All. Trust me, it happens. Trix said it was gonna be fixed in 98e or whateva, but never was.
ALIENwolve wrote: Also sound menus are pretty pointless.
Meh, they are for fun. If you ever played on an Wolfenstien Enemy Territory server with a Custom Soundpack you will know what I mean.

XutaWoo
Forum Regular

Post by XutaWoo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 am

DevilHunter wrote:
ALIENwolve wrote: Haha. Devilhunter, none of that shit happens.
Yea it does, in 1.9. Just load that up w/ skulltag_data.. I'm sure you will need to. Go to map01, type in Give All. Trust me, it happens. Trix said it was gonna be fixed in 98e or whateva, but never was.
He meant in v2.0. Y'know, this one.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]