Ghouls vs Humans: Legacy of Darkness /w Addon: v1.4b -- NEW!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Ghouls vs Humans: Legacy of Darkness /w Addon

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Needs fabulous changelog

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Addon changelog which I forgot to post:

Code: Select all

=======  CHANGELOG FOR THE ADDON  ========

* Reduced the switch time of all human weapons by 50%.

=== MARINE ===

- Fixed his GLDEFS.
+ All weapon animations for the marine have been redone.
	- Smoke FX added to all guns.
	- Weapons now drop casings.
	- Grenade spawns shrapnel and causes tremors.

=== HUNTER ===

- Improved the enchant sound.
- Added lights to lightning bows and the lightning magic.
- Fixed a bug with normal magic description in weapon tips.

+ Hunter's Super Lightning arrows are modified.
	- Super Hunter lightning arrow shoots 5 railguns now with the damage spread out.
	- If it hits the floor it spawns lightning now.

=== CYBORG ===

- Fires trail leaving plasma when fully charged. (Only graphical difference, damage is same)
- The pulse "not enough energy" message is made into HudMessage from Print.
- Will randomly taunt upon killing an enemy.
- For some reason, the plasma hit sound was not playing at random. This is fixed.
- If the Cyborg's health is below 15%, he will now start smoking up.
- When Cyborg fires, he releases some smoke from his gun.

=== GHOSTBUSTER ===

- He somehow had a 3% extra speed compared to Marine, removed this.
- Ghost buster traps give off more FX.

=== ENGINEER ===

- Can have 2 drones again! (Through dispenser)
- Fixed a bug where sentries weren't immune to Ghostbuster's Nightmare powerup.
- Removed the Print messages, replaced them with HudMessage.
- Now has an icon system to show that your Dispenser, Sentry and Drones are up.
- Hopefully fixed the desync issues with the wrench.
- Rewrote the Sentry and Dispenser system, saved 140 kilobytes!
- Fixed a bug where Sentry Level 1 would still randomly fire at invisible Nightmares or Creepers.
- Polished saw blade weapon sprites. (By Pegg)
- Polished wrench sprites. (By Pegg)
- Pulverizer now has lights.

=== WITCH HUNTER ===

- Laser is now a limited range weapon.
- Changed the firing sound of the laser's primary fire.
- Starts with 20 Heartseeker ammo again.
- Dartgun now has 2 additional firing sounds.
- Heartseeker will cause tiny smokes to appear when it hits.
- Changed the dart sprites.
- Darts play a sound when they hit a wall or a non-bleeding enemy.
- The Explosive cask shooting height increased by 16.
- His hook damage is increased by 8. (It actually does hurt now)
- Explosive cask will explode upon direct hits.
- Improved the animations of all weapons except the hook.
	+ The laser and the darts are smoother.
	+ Heartseeker is smoother and shoots a harmless smoke.

=== WARLOCK ===

- Fixed a bug where his lightning hand cast sound would get cut off.
- Fixed a bug where the lights were missing from Warlock's ice particles.
- Fixed an ancient and rare bug where somtimes you'd get the rewards at the incorrect conditions, and sometimes never.
- Shadow Walk now has a cooldown message.

+ Warlock's fire, ice, and lightning animations have been redone.
	- Ice FX fades out and makes trails. (Due to some animation changes, the alt fire shoots less ice but does so faster)
	- Fire produces smoke.

=== PLANESWALKER ===

- Added lights to his shotgun.
- Added a small point light to his blades to make them more visible in the darker areas.
- Enhanced shotgun shot has a different sound and particles now.

=== SJAS ===

- Removed the reflection cooldown.
- Increased attack radius by 8. (Should be back to old values)

=== JITTERSKULL ===

- Reduced his push on attack a little bit.
- Polished sprites. (By Pegg)

=== CREEPER ===

- Reduced the distance the stun balls travel by very little.

=== CHOKE ===

- Reduced the melee damage by 1.

=== NIGHTMARE ===

- Fixed a bug where "Wait 3 seconds" message would never display at the beginning of a round.
- Replaced his player sprite with of Misty's, gameplay remains the same.
- Increased the size of the melee attack by 1.

=== MOHOPH ===

- Added lights to all the forms that did not have them, so they are harder to distinguish.
- Fixed a bug where Marine form would not get slowed down upon holding the grenade.
- Fixed a bug where Hunter form would not get slowed down upon holding the arrow.
- Fixed a bug where Witchhunter form would show painstate upon getting hit.
- Fixed a bug where Witchhunter form still used the old laser.

=== GENERAL ===

- Added bots!
- Cleaned up unused stuff in the source and other decorate files.

- Added 2 new classes, Protector and Morgwyr!

=== PROTECTOR ===

--- STORY ---

Coming from a civilization in perfect harmony far from our timeline, the Protector is an elite security guard working for the TimeTravel Co. He works for the company as the "Head of Defense". Basically, if any
trespasser were to come by the corporation, he'd be the first to contact it and most likely eradicate it. He is the ultimate soldier from the future, armed with the latest technology they can offer. However, he has
a reason to exist. Even in a state of perfect harmony, the TimeTravel Co knew something would disturb their timeline, something evil from the past would change the future. The Ghouls as we know, have the potential to alter
the future and change the events altogether, causing the very civilization itself to cease to exist! Seeing this, and knowing they had no better choice, TimeTravel Co sent their best man, the Protector to aid the humanity in their
battle against the Ghouls. They knew ghouls were nothing like anything the Protector or they themselves had faced before. This battle would determine the outcome of all humanity, the past, the present and the future...

--- GAMEPLAY ---

* Protector comes with 3 weapons: A Shock Rifle, a Mini-Missile Launcher and a Lightning Gun.
	+ Shock Rifle: Shoots a duo of green energy blasts, limited range. As it fires, releases a ring of energy discharge that deals 1 damage, but rips through enemies.
	+ Mini-Missile Launcher: Shoots mini missiles. They first start slow, but immediately accelerate to thrice their initial speed after 8 tics.
	+ Lightning Gun: Shoots an invisible ray that leaves energy fields as it travels, dealing constant damage throughout. Bounces 3 times.
* The alt fire for all these weapons is the Energy Dash. It's an improved version of the Cyborg's dash, however it has a few pros and cons.
	+ It can dash to sideways, for that you press forward+any side key or backward+any side key.
	+ You are not required to be on ground level to dash.
	- You can not dash upwards.
	- You can't dash when stunned by a Creeper.
	- Your dash range is shorter, and has a small cooldown. Also, after you dash you pause briefly.
	- Since the dash is purely based on the energy stored, you need the energy gained from the weapons to dash. Each weapon generates a certain amount of energy.
* For every kill he gets, he fills a special power source that allows him to upgrade his weapons and other abilities. The list of upgrades is as follows:
	1. Shock Rifle damage increases by 2, the discharge damage increases by 1.
	2. Mini missile hit damage increases by 5, explosion damage increases by 4.
	3. Dashing deals damage at start and ending points, each doing 30 damage in a 96 unit radius.
	4. Mini Missiles start recharging the same way Shock Rifle does. (Up to 15 ammo, charges by 1)
	5. Lightning Gun starts recharging the same way Shock Rifle does. (Up to 5 ammo, charges by 1)
	6. Lightning Gun deals 4 more damage and shoots a railgun doing 15 damage. Also bounces 4 times instead of 3.
	7. Dash range increases by 50%.
* The reflection of the upgrades is shown as a meter at the top right corner of the screen. The more it fills, the more upgrades you have!

* Protector starts the game with 50 armor that reduces the damage taken by 50%. For each kill he gets, he gains 25 armor. If a Protector dies, he leaves his armor behind for others to pick up, even if he has no armor left.

+++ RESISTANCES +++

* Choke and Frostbite's bite: 20%

--- WEAKNESSES ---

* Creeper's Stun: 300%
* Sjas' Scream: 20%

+++ MOHOPH POWERUP : DISTORTION +++

You are pushed wherever you are looking at while you're attacking.

=== MORGWYR ===

--- STORY ---

The beast now known as Morgwyr was once a famous actor, always proud of his looks. As many admirers he had, he had rivals that would do anything to bring him down. It didn't him to be 
far from kind, and at every little mistake his colleagues would make he'd cuss them to no end, which eventually would lead them to get fired. At a dark night, while he was practicing
for his next role, two of his colleagues snuck up behind him, first knocked him unconcious and tied him up then dragged him into a forest. When he finally woke up, he realized
he was far from home. Shortly after, the two came to him and said "It's time you pay for the misery you brought upon us" and pulled a knife. They mercilessly cut his face until he would no longer
be recognized, and just before he died, they put him on a stake and set him on fire. As he burned, he constantly screamed "You will pay, this is NOT THE END!". Of course, since he was disfigured so much nothing
he would say could be understood, they thought he was pleading for his life, or praying. They'd soon realize, this was not the case... The wind blew away all his smithereens and
the two left after staying the night in the forest. However, they didn't leave the forest in one piece... Ever since then, Morgwyr is a restless soul who would stop at nothing to tear apart any human being he'd encounter.

--- GAMEPLAY ---

!! TURN ON MODELS TO SEE HIS MARKER PROPERLY !!

* Primary Fire: Lunge forward, dealing damage on the way. Leave a marker at the place before you lunged.
* Alt fire: If you had used primary fire when you press this, you teleport to the marker you left. This resets your attack cooldown, but puts the displacement on cooldown.
If you didn't use primary fire when you press this, then you summon a swarm of bats that will go a certain distance before disappearing.
* The bats have an ammo system similar to other Ghouls, he regenerates when he stands still, 1 charge per 45 tics He charged up to 5 ammo, and can go above this with kills, 2 per kill. (max 20)

+++ RESISTANCES +++

* Curses: 25%
* PlanesWalker's Vortex: 15%

--- WEAKNESSES ---

* Fire damage and Plasma types: 15%

+++ GHOSTBUSTER POWERUP : MOLECULAR EXPANDER +++

Works as an explosive hitscan attack, upon kill makes the ghoul expand and explode, dealing area damage.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Cutman

Post by Cutman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

I've finally given this a shot and it's definitely my favourite version of GVH floating around at the moment, not perfecto but I don't think GVH ever is! Planeswalker is by far the best addition to the roster IMO, something about him just feels fancy and doesn't have lots of crazy mechanics behind him.

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Yay, finally some of my stuff have been added! :D
I dont care about how bad your maps are. Everything can be improved.
Banned for cheating at DoomBuilder.

Iridion
New User

Post by Iridion » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey guys, im new here.

Major kudos to whoever made this fun wad that is Ghouls vs. Humans.

I just have some constructive criticism that I'd like to express, as I have been playing this wad since it's early debut.

I have always thought that the Sjas needs to be much faster. The humans should not be able to outrun something that flies; this makes it extremely hard to kill Hunter players that are literally 98.9% accurate with lightning arrows. When im Sjas, i'm always Side strafing, and zig zagging to avoid enemy fire, but Sjas just doesn't seem quick enough, imo.

Their secondary attack (Reflect) is fine, but they are left extremely vunlrable to attack after the reflect stops.

Whenever you have a unarmed class, it has to be top priority to make sure they aren't gimped to approach a class who is armed.

Please take this into consideration. thank you :)

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 am

Cutman wrote: I've finally given this a shot and it's definitely my favourite version of GVH floating around at the moment, not perfecto but I don't think GVH ever is! Planeswalker is by far the best addition to the roster IMO, something about him just feels fancy and doesn't have lots of crazy mechanics behind him.
That's great to hear from you! Thanks for the comments.
Iridion wrote: Hey guys, im new here.

I just have some constructive criticism that I'd like to express, as I have been playing this wad since it's early debut.

I have always thought that the Sjas needs to be much faster. The humans should not be able to outrun something that flies; this makes it extremely hard to kill Hunter players that are literally 98.9% accurate with lightning arrows. When im Sjas, i'm always Side strafing, and zig zagging to avoid enemy fire, but Sjas just doesn't seem quick enough, imo.

Their secondary attack (Reflect) is fine, but they are left extremely vunlrable to attack after the reflect stops.

Whenever you have a unarmed class, it has to be top priority to make sure they aren't gimped to approach a class who is armed.

Sadly that won't happen until there's a very big demand for it, even then it's debatable. Sjas was being buffed/nerfed slightly every patch and IMO we hit it right in this one.
Last edited by Ivan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iridion
New User

Post by Iridion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 am

Ivan wrote:
Cutman wrote: I've finally given this a shot and it's definitely my favourite version of GVH floating around at the moment, not perfecto but I don't think GVH ever is! Planeswalker is by far the best addition to the roster IMO, something about him just feels fancy and doesn't have lots of crazy mechanics behind him.
That's great to hear from you! Thanks for the comments.
Iridion wrote: Hey guys, im new here.

Sadly that won't happen until there's a very big demand for it, even then it's debatable. Sjas was being buffed/nerfed slightly every patch and IMO we hit it right in this one.
I see. I can say that i'm pretty well experienced on class based "unarmed vs. armed" type games (Aliens vs. Predator, etc). And from a consumer/gamer standpoint, this is a glaring problem for me.

My motto is "Your enemy can't kill what he can't hits", but unfortunately, a large open area + Lightning fast arrow vs. slower flying target = dead Sjas (imo). When i'm the last player standing, I've been victim of this so many times, and I trace my steps countless of times to see what im doing wrong, but..no avail.

But to each his own, however. Much luck on your progress with this wad.
Last edited by Iridion on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:55 pm

sjas could have a temporary special that make it faster, but I think there were a version of sjas just like that...

EDIT:santa is cool, since his guns are different from what engineer was it's ok
Last edited by ibm5155 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

ibm5155 wrote: sjas could have a temporary special that make it faster, but I think there were a version of sjas just like that...

EDIT:santa is cool, since his guns are different from what engineer was it's ok
Sjas had an exact version with it, which made him take extra damage for the duration it was active and even then it was overpowered, therefore it's no longer with us.

Also, santa? There ain't no santa in the recent version?

EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 pm

10/10

The best GvH version i had ever seen around.
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Sjas doesn't dodge by just strafing he has an extra axis available to only him -aka fly up\down + jump buttons-. His alt-attack is really useless vs. anyone who can play good because he needs an hour before he can move again :|.

NERF THAT CRYBABIES TRY-HARD MODE CYBORG
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:11 am

To be fair, if you are a good sjas you wouldn't put yourself in a position where altfire is the only way out
Last edited by Catastrophe on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:20 am

Something needs to be done with Nightmare/Mist because when I´m trying to charge the invisivility most of the time I´m blind because of the fog (and sometimes while I´m moving too).
I dont care about how bad your maps are. Everything can be improved.
Banned for cheating at DoomBuilder.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:04 am

I updated the maps, to v1.3. Fixed the errors on them.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Bumping thread seeing as activity picked up again. State any ideas/suggestions here.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Ivan wrote: Bumping thread seeing as activity picked up again. State any ideas/suggestions here.
I was working on a statistics mod for GvH to help balance classes. The mod is intended for Eternal Hatred, but can be easily converted to LoD. Interested?
Last edited by Catastrophe on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Ivan wrote: Bumping thread seeing as activity picked up again. State any ideas/suggestions here.
I was working on a statistics mod for GvH to help balance classes. The mod is intended for Eternal Hatred, but can be easily converted to LoD. Interested?
Sure.

Tendo
New User

Post by Tendo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Lifestyle here.

My current work/doings:

1.-> GVH01 Impaler's Den. Fixed "creeperhide" and "unknown" bug.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

2.-> Remade/recoded Ivan's original Protector. ProtectorRMV5 current version.

3.-> Overworked GVH18 "Mount Facility". Now known as "Solanidus"

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
4.-> Restored old GVH34 "Moonlight Glade".

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

5.-> New Map GVHXY(placeholder) "Frostbites Bastion/Dimension". 70% done.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

6.-> Plans for 2 other maps ("Morgwyr's ? & Tech Noir)
Last edited by Tendo on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contradiction
New User

Post by Contradiction » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:03 pm

you really need to fix the jitterskull kill range. it's bullshit when it kills you from 3 feet away.

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:01 pm

If there's Jitterskull
crunching Engineer
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If there's Impaler
impaling Marine
Who ya gonna call?