Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
President People
Forum Regular
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#261

Post by President People » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Ted wrote:
Ænima wrote:Questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome. :allears:
If you say that all criticism and comments are welcome, don't get hostile with people that offer it.
First of all, he said that all of the things he mentioned were welcome, not that all forms of criticism would necessarily be well-recieved.

Second, I wouldn't really consider Ænima's response all that hostile. Garo hasn't exactly been offering his criticisms in a terribly pleasant way either.

From what I understand, he's been giving other mods such as Samsara the same treatment. Whether his form of criticism is welcomed or not, it isn't very constructive. Saying something's retarded and calling it a day isn't helping anyone. How would he like the things he pointed out to be improved? Constructive criticism is key.
Last edited by President People on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#262

Post by Ænima » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 pm

DevilHunter wrote: Btw, forgot to add the Mirror links..

sst_v1.4rc6.pk3
sst_thingrandomizer_v2.pk3

Enjoy
Thanks as usual. :p I'll add em to the first post.
DevilHunter wrote:
Ænima wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Speaking of, and I didn't know Slime was still talking with you...; You two should rejoin #sst.. its been dead for awhile, that reminds me, time to update the topic there.
I should probably take the password off of #SST too. Cept I don't know how.
Umm.. you took the password off long time ago, or did I? idunno I don't have chat logs dating back. Anyhow, I'll test out SST.. Was gonna play yesterday but was busy.
Oh. Okay I just tried it and you're right, it's unpassworded. Thanks!

Ted wrote: If you say that all criticism and comments are welcome, don't get hostile with people that offer it.
Yeah you see here's the thing ...

Code: Select all

2013-Dec-17 02:12:48 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the rl
2013-Dec-17 02:12:52 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the pistol ssprite is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:08:01 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: i can just
2013-Dec-17 02:08:05 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: hold my arm out and punch things?
2013-Dec-17 02:08:07 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: thats retarded
That's not criticism. That's being a douchebag. Garo for some reason has this unwarranted snobbyness and pretends to know everything (see: the previous quote where he says a pistol can't operate without a visible hammer, even though most real pistols designed within the past 10 years don't have one). I've seen him pull this "critic" shit with other mods too (Samsara, as President said), so apparently he just hates everything. And yet if he released any of his mods here on the forums they'd be panned.


And don't defend your buddy here, Ted. Get him to make an account here and speak for himself.

Oh and PM'ing me on IRC doesn't count. Get Master Garo to stop being a coward and let other people see what he's saying. Because from what he told me, he's only being a dick because I criticized his mods in the past and hurt his wittle feewings. :'c
Spoiler: bawww (Open)
[15:41:28] <MasterGaro>: i recall you downtalking my mods
[15:41:36] <MasterGaro>: so i see no reason to not return the compliment
Last edited by Ænima on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Unholypimpin
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: In the shadow of the most unspeakable evil ever!

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#263

Post by Unholypimpin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:36 pm

ITS BACK!!! I always liked this mod way more than brutal doom, and it adds actual good improvements rather than a bunch of random crap.

Keep up the good work man!!

Ted
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: nass

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#264

Post by Ted » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Ænima wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Btw, forgot to add the Mirror links..

sst_v1.4rc6.pk3
sst_thingrandomizer_v2.pk3

Enjoy
Thanks as usual. :p I'll add em to the first post.
DevilHunter wrote:
Ænima wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Speaking of, and I didn't know Slime was still talking with you...; You two should rejoin #sst.. its been dead for awhile, that reminds me, time to update the topic there.
I should probably take the password off of #SST too. Cept I don't know how.
Umm.. you took the password off long time ago, or did I? idunno I don't have chat logs dating back. Anyhow, I'll test out SST.. Was gonna play yesterday but was busy.
Oh. Okay I just tried it and you're right, it's unpassworded. Thanks!

Ted wrote: If you say that all criticism and comments are welcome, don't get hostile with people that offer it.
Yeah you see here's the thing ...

Code: Select all

2013-Dec-17 02:12:48 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the rl
2013-Dec-17 02:12:52 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the pistol ssprite is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:08:01 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: i can just
2013-Dec-17 02:08:05 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: hold my arm out and punch things?
2013-Dec-17 02:08:07 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: thats retarded
That's not criticism. That's being a douchebag. Garo for some reason has this unwarranted snobbyness and pretends to know everything (see: the previous quote where he says a pistol can't operate without a visible hammer, even though most real pistols designed within the past 10 years don't have one). I've seen him pull this "critic" shit with other mods too (Samsara, as President said), so apparently he just hates everything. And yet if he released any of his mods here on the forums they'd be panned.


And don't defend your buddy here, Ted. Get him to make an account here and speak for himself.

Oh and PM'ing me on IRC doesn't count. Get Master Garo to stop being a coward and let other people see what he's saying. Because from what he told me, he's only being a dick because I criticized his mods in the past and hurt his wittle feewings. :'c
Spoiler: bawww (Open)
[15:41:28] <MasterGaro>: i recall you downtalking my mods
[15:41:36] <MasterGaro>: so i see no reason to not return the compliment
I'm not defending anyone. I'm just asking you to hold to your own word, Aenima. If you ask for criticism, you better be prepared to receive it, no matter what the form, and when you reply to criticism with comments like you have so far, even with Garo's comments, it makes you look like an ass. Just sayin'.

I myself came to you with some fixes your wad could use, and I'm not one sided when it comes to mods for Zandronum. I like to give everything a shot. Your wad is no different. It's not perfect, much like every other mod on these forums or on the old Skulltag forums. If you are not prepared to receive criticism from people like Garo who will give it to you in their own blunt opinion, then you should NOT ask for it. The way you replied to my own posts were also very immature, as well, and when I'm not trying to be rude to you and instead trying to help you with something like this, I'd prefer that you speak to me in a non-snarky manner. Thanks.

Lance
Under Moderation
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 am
Location: East Coast USA
Banned: Permanently

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#265

Post by Lance » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Ænima wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Btw, forgot to add the Mirror links..

sst_v1.4rc6.pk3
sst_thingrandomizer_v2.pk3

Enjoy
Thanks as usual. :p I'll add em to the first post.
DevilHunter wrote:
Ænima wrote:
DevilHunter wrote: Speaking of, and I didn't know Slime was still talking with you...; You two should rejoin #sst.. its been dead for awhile, that reminds me, time to update the topic there.
I should probably take the password off of #SST too. Cept I don't know how.
Umm.. you took the password off long time ago, or did I? idunno I don't have chat logs dating back. Anyhow, I'll test out SST.. Was gonna play yesterday but was busy.
Oh. Okay I just tried it and you're right, it's unpassworded. Thanks!

Ted wrote: If you say that all criticism and comments are welcome, don't get hostile with people that offer it.
Yeah you see here's the thing ...

Code: Select all

2013-Dec-17 02:12:48 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the rl
2013-Dec-17 02:12:52 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: the pistol ssprite is retarded
...
2013-Dec-17 02:08:01 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: i can just
2013-Dec-17 02:08:05 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: hold my arm out and punch things?
2013-Dec-17 02:08:07 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: thats retarded
That's not criticism. That's being a douchebag. Garo for some reason has this unwarranted snobbyness and pretends to know everything (see: the previous quote where he says a pistol can't operate without a visible hammer, even though most real pistols designed within the past 10 years don't have one). I've seen him pull this "critic" shit with other mods too (Samsara, as President said), so apparently he just hates everything. And yet if he released any of his mods here on the forums they'd be panned.


And don't defend your buddy here, Ted. Get him to make an account here and speak for himself.

Oh and PM'ing me on IRC doesn't count. Get Master Garo to stop being a coward and let other people see what he's saying. Because from what he told me, he's only being a dick because I criticized his mods in the past and hurt his wittle feewings. :'c
Spoiler: bawww (Open)
[15:41:28] <MasterGaro>: i recall you downtalking my mods
[15:41:36] <MasterGaro>: so i see no reason to not return the compliment
[spoiler]<MasterGaro> hai
<MasterGaro> response to response critisism
<MasterGaro> the only valid complaint was the fist huh?
<MasterGaro> fuck the fact that
<MasterGaro> the player gets parkinsons disease when holding the spray can
<MasterGaro> trying to make marine look badass by spraying grafetti
<MasterGaro> and instantly making him look retarded
<MasterGaro> when the player sees that he has parkinsons disease
<MasterGaro> :/
<MasterGaro> and fuck the fact that
<MasterGaro> the player opens the ssg twice in third person
<MasterGaro> its like
<MasterGaro> he breaks the barrel off the damn gun
<MasterGaro> and just grabs a fresh new ssg out of the thousands he picked up
<MasterGaro> and fuck realism huh??
<MasterGaro> huh?*
<MasterGaro> fuck the fact that
<MasterGaro> you recorded gun sounds from a REAL shooting range :|
<Aenima> so
<Aenima> lol
<Aenima> [14:21:56] <MasterGaro>: the player gets parkinsons disease when holding the spray can
<Aenima> that's desync
<Aenima> [14:22:36] <MasterGaro>: the player opens the ssg twice in third person << what?
<MasterGaro> well,
<MasterGaro> you know the weapon skins?
<MasterGaro> he looks down at the ssg
<MasterGaro> even though player view is clearly looking forward
<MasterGaro> and the sg goes down twice
<MasterGaro> liks hes trying to break it off the gun
<MasterGaro> :|
<Aenima> okay well i'll look into that but it's still not that big of a deal and i don't see why you're acting like it totally ruins the mod
<Aenima> and regarding the "how does this fire without a hammer" thing ... i've fired a pistol without a hammer before.
<Aenima> it's called a Glock
<MasterGaro> i recall you downtalking my mods
<MasterGaro> so i see no reason to not return the compliment
<MasterGaro> besides
<Aenima> lol
<Aenima> well see
<MasterGaro> it might help you debug the small details
<MasterGaro> :D
<MasterGaro> i mean
<Aenima> it's all relative but
<MasterGaro> if you let minor errors go
<Aenima> yours aren't that great
<MasterGaro> you end up with a mod like brutal doom
<MasterGaro> all the small issues add up
<MasterGaro> to one big issue
<Aenima> yeah yeah i know
<Aenima> all you had to do was make me aware of things
<Aenima> you didn't have to be a douche
<MasterGaro> i rather do it
<Aenima> "THIS IS RETARDED"
<MasterGaro> in a rude context since
<MasterGaro> i recall you doing it to my mods
<MasterGaro> aswell
<Aenima> publicly? when
<MasterGaro> i try to be fair for the most part,
<MasterGaro> for example
<MasterGaro> when playing brutal doom
<MasterGaro> i listed all the pros before cons
<MasterGaro> so it don't trash marks hard work
<Aenima> Okay so ........ you just admitted that you're not being objective in your criticisms. :|
<MasterGaro> and i HATE brutal doom
<Aenima> because you have some sort of beef with me
<MasterGaro> i do
<MasterGaro> :D
<Aenima> okay
<Aenima> duel me
<MasterGaro> ...
<MasterGaro> dueling is gonna fix a problem
<MasterGaro> with your attitude?
<Aenima> nah
<MasterGaro> so its like
<MasterGaro> your taking me
<MasterGaro> to the playground afterschool
<MasterGaro> except on the internet
<MasterGaro> :|
<Aenima> p much
<Aenima> :|
<Aenima> :|
<Aenima> :\
<Aenima> :/
<Aenima> :|
<MasterGaro> fixing issues by dueling is immature imo
<MasterGaro> and judging by your forum avatar
<MasterGaro> you are much older
<Aenima> oh here we go
<MasterGaro> so i expect more out of a legal adult
<Aenima> lol
<Aenima> are you scared tho
<Aenima> scared of losing
<MasterGaro> i don't play competitive
<MasterGaro> to win or lose
<MasterGaro> i play it to have fun
<MasterGaro> and right now i don't feel like it because
<Aenima> uh huh
<MasterGaro> i like playing games with people i like
<Aenima> your little grudge is cute
<Aenima> like seriously. i criticized your mods because ... well, they weren't that good
<MasterGaro> doesn't matter if you think that
<Aenima> no need to take it to the grave
<MasterGaro> its more mature to not downtalk other mods
<Aenima> huh
<MasterGaro> but still
<MasterGaro> you seem to avoiding
<MasterGaro> all the issues in sst
<MasterGaro> you didn't even list anything in the post
<MasterGaro> also your tracers are RETARDED
<MasterGaro> they fire in a straight line and hardly spread out
<MasterGaro> and the bullets acually have spread :|
<Aenima> so
<Aenima> they're only supposed to show other players the general direction you're shooting in
<Aenima> or what you're shooting at
<Aenima> tthey don't have to sync up exactly with the bulletpuffs[/spoiler]

here you go

Ted
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: nass

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#266

Post by Ted » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 pm

President People wrote:
Ted wrote:
Ænima wrote:Questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome. :allears:
If you say that all criticism and comments are welcome, don't get hostile with people that offer it.
First of all, he said that all of the things he mentioned were welcome, not that all forms of criticism would necessarily be well-recieved.

Second, I wouldn't really consider Ænima's response all that hostile. You haven't exactly been offering your criticisms in a terribly pleasant way either.

From what I understand, you've been giving other mods such as Samsara the same treatment. Whether your form of criticism is welcomed or not, it isn't very constructive. Saying something's retarded and calling it a day isn't helping anyone. How would you like those things you pointed out to be improved? Constructive criticism is key.

EDIT: Oh, Ted and Garo aren't the person, huh. Oh well
You should correct your post. I'm not Garo. And a small edit at the bottom doesn't justify that you blatantly insulted me, mistaking me for someone else. Please remove it.

User avatar
President People
Forum Regular
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#267

Post by President People » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Ted wrote:You should correct your post. I'm not Garo. And a small edit at the bottom doesn't justify that you blatantly insulted me, mistaking me for someone else. Please remove it.
Alright. I didn't mistake you for Garo on purpose, but I'm sorry for the poor edit.

Fixed.
Last edited by President People on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

User avatar
Medicris
Forum Regular
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#268

Post by Medicris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm

2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine, look at the fist animation in Samsara it sucks
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. All while saying:

Image

He's just someone who takes anything that's not positive said about his mods (criticism, assessments, what's wrong and how it could be improved) as direct insults to himself and a valid reason to hyperaggressively attack everything the critic has ever made as "retort" instead of just taking the fuggen criticism at face value (as far as calling the smooth Doomguy fist animation in Samsara "retarded" and enough of a reason to never set foot in a mod made by Terminus).

Basically, he's straight out of DeviantArt. Take what he says with a grain of salt.
Last edited by Medicris on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ted
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: nass

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#269

Post by Ted » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 pm

President People wrote:
Ted wrote:You should correct your post. I'm not Garo. And a small edit at the bottom doesn't justify that you blatantly insulted me, mistaking me for someone else. Please remove it.
Alright. I didn't mistake you for Garo on purpose, but I'm sorry for the poor edit.

Fixed.
I know you didn't do it on purpose, and I appreciate the fix. Thanks!

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#270

Post by Ænima » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Unholypimpin wrote: ITS BACK!!! I always liked this mod way more than brutal doom, and it adds actual good improvements rather than a bunch of random crap.

Keep up the good work man!!
Thanks!

Ted wrote: I'm not defending anyone. I'm just asking you to hold to your own word, Aenima. If you ask for criticism, you better be prepared to receive it, no matter what the form, and when you reply to criticism with comments like you have so far, even with Garo's comments, it makes you look like an ass. Just sayin'.

I myself came to you with some fixes your wad could use, and I'm not one sided when it comes to mods for Zandronum. I like to give everything a shot. Your wad is no different. It's not perfect, much like every other mod on these forums or on the old Skulltag forums. If you are not prepared to receive criticism from people like Garo who will give it to you in their own blunt opinion, then you should NOT ask for it.
You're missing the point. When I said "criticism welcome!", it was implied that the criticism I welcomed would be constructive. Not personal attacks. The fact that Garo admitted that he only nitpicked my mod because he has a grudge against me instantly discredited him and threw any notion of objectivity out the window.

I've been around a long time. I've learned how to accept criticism and use it to better myself. I've also learned to tell the difference between criticism that has substance and that which is just bullshit. And I usually ignore the bullshit and just carry on my way. But not this time. Garo's pulled this shit for too long with the mods in this community and it's high time someone called him out on it.
Ted wrote: The way you replied to my own posts were also very immature, as well, and when I'm not trying to be rude to you and instead trying to help you with something like this, I'd prefer that you speak to me in a non-snarky manner. Thanks.
Well I do apologize for that, and I'd like to clarify that I have nothing against you Ted. It just bothers me when people get their friends to post on their behalf because they're too scared to come out and do it themselves, so naturally any resentment that I had for Garo came out in my post directed at you.

Medicris wrote:
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine, look at the fist animation in Samsara it sucks
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. All while saying:

Image

He's just someone who takes anything that's not positive said about his mods (criticism, assessments, what's wrong and how it could be improved) as direct insults to himself and a valid reason to hyperaggressively attack everything the critic has ever made as "retort" instead of just taking the fuggen criticism at face value (as far as calling the smooth Doomguy fist animation in Samsara "retarded" and enough of a reason to never set foot in a mod made by Terminus).
What ... just ... what ...



Okay getting back on-topic, I've decided to go through with the idea I proposed a few posts ago and make the shotgun's "slam fire" only do half of its normal painchance. Or should it be even less? 25%?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ted
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: nass

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#271

Post by Ted » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:15 am

Ænima wrote:
Unholypimpin wrote: ITS BACK!!! I always liked this mod way more than brutal doom, and it adds actual good improvements rather than a bunch of random crap.

Keep up the good work man!!
Thanks!

Ted wrote: I'm not defending anyone. I'm just asking you to hold to your own word, Aenima. If you ask for criticism, you better be prepared to receive it, no matter what the form, and when you reply to criticism with comments like you have so far, even with Garo's comments, it makes you look like an ass. Just sayin'.

I myself came to you with some fixes your wad could use, and I'm not one sided when it comes to mods for Zandronum. I like to give everything a shot. Your wad is no different. It's not perfect, much like every other mod on these forums or on the old Skulltag forums. If you are not prepared to receive criticism from people like Garo who will give it to you in their own blunt opinion, then you should NOT ask for it.
You're missing the point. When I said "criticism welcome!", it was implied that the criticism I welcomed would be constructive. Not personal attacks. The fact that Garo admitted that he only nitpicked my mod because he has a grudge against me instantly discredited him and threw any notion of objectivity out the window.

I've been around a long time. I've learned how to accept criticism and use it to better myself. I've also learned to tell the difference between criticism that has substance and that which is just bullshit. And I usually ignore the bullshit and just carry on my way. But not this time. Garo's pulled this shit for too long with the mods in this community and it's high time someone called him out on it.
Ted wrote: The way you replied to my own posts were also very immature, as well, and when I'm not trying to be rude to you and instead trying to help you with something like this, I'd prefer that you speak to me in a non-snarky manner. Thanks.
Well I do apologize for that, and I'd like to clarify that I have nothing against you Ted. It just bothers me when people get their friends to post on their behalf because they're too scared to come out and do it themselves, so naturally any resentment that I had for Garo came out in my post directed at you.

Medicris wrote:
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine, look at the fist animation in Samsara it sucks
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. All while saying:

Image

He's just someone who takes anything that's not positive said about his mods (criticism, assessments, what's wrong and how it could be improved) as direct insults to himself and a valid reason to hyperaggressively attack everything the critic has ever made as "retort" instead of just taking the fuggen criticism at face value (as far as calling the smooth Doomguy fist animation in Samsara "retarded" and enough of a reason to never set foot in a mod made by Terminus).
What ... just ... what ...



Okay getting back on-topic, I've decided to go through with the idea I proposed a few posts ago and make the shotgun's "slam fire" only do half of its normal painchance. Or should it be even less? 25%?
Next time, it'd probably be best to specify what kind of criticism you're looking for, otherwise you're leaving yourself open to a world of hurt to lots of other people. xD

Thanks for the apology!

I don't think you should make it painstate any less than the shotgun mainfire does, it'd make people, for one, not want to use it, considering it'd make it way less effective. The fact that the alt fire was less accurate than the main fire had me switching between the two for different situations, back in the RC5 version. It made the alt fire better for enemies right in your face, rather than 10 feet away from you. If you tried using it for ones that far from you, it came out way less effective.

Edit:
I forgot to say, I'm sad to hear the alt fire was nerfed. It seemed balanced to me.
Last edited by Ted on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#272

Post by Ænima » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am

The reason I nerfed it was because it was way too easy to destroy a would-be "hard" monster like an Archvile or Belphegor by gathering 3 or 4 guys around it and just spamming it with altfire until it died, since it would rarely be able to escape the painlock of THAT many hitscans.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#273

Post by Slim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 am

Medicris wrote:
Ænima wrote: A quick response to some criticism.
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. He just did the same thing about Samsara and Cyberrunner when he found me and Term playing that 2010 F-Zero "X" mod yesterday, and I said it was pretty bad (it really is, like 12 people came in and talked about how poorly it was made). He took offense to a wad he made when he was 14 being criticized, got all in Term's face about it, and telling him he's one of the worst modders making the worst mods he's ever played (because Doomguy's fist animated "weird"), yet while saying:

Image
Medicris wrote:
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine, look at the fist animation in Samsara it sucks
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. All while saying:

Image

He's just someone who takes anything that's not positive said about his mods (criticism, assessments, what's wrong and how it could be improved) as direct insults to himself and a valid reason to attack the critic instead of just comments directed at the mod. On top of that, a hypocrite when it comes to criticism as a whole.

Basically, he's straight out of DeviantArt.
Medicris wrote:
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: your wad is retarded and not original like mine, look at the fist animation in Samsara it sucks
2013-Dec-17 02:30:50 CHAT master garo -=fsr=-: :|
Garo's always like that. All while saying:

Image

He's just someone who takes anything that's not positive said about his mods (criticism, assessments, what's wrong and how it could be improved) as direct insults to himself and a valid reason to hyperaggressively attack everything the critic has ever made as "retort" (as far as calling the smooth Doomguy fist animation in Samsara "retarded" and enough of a reason to never set foot in a mod made by Terminus).

Basically, he's straight out of DeviantArt.


Not to further this, but here's my words.

Medicris, he made that F-Zero mod three years ago. And additionally, I don't know what drove you to host it, thinking it was probably some "AWESOME NU MOD ZOMG!1!!!". Aside from that, when he was saying "the Samsara fist sucks" is because he probably took it to look like the overdone "basic smoothed fist". What he meant by "his original mod" is he's been working on others, he made Custard Doom earlier this year, a mod using only DOOM resources HE modified not too long ago, and he's working on others too. Comparing a 2010 mod against a 2013 Mod. GG. Also, I never should've left that mod up there, seeing as how you want to use it to further your un-needed intervention. No need to jump in the fray after noticing he left a little criticism on someone else's work.

And Aenima, when he says something's "Retarded" it kinda means it might need work, or not be done at all. I'm pretty sure when he said the tracers and etc. were "Retarded" he didn't mean to say "OMG AENIMA FUCKED THIS UP HE SHUD B DED LOLOL" On my opinion though, if there were tracers they could at LEAST spread like the bullets on the pistol and chaingun do.
Last edited by Slim on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#274

Post by Ænima » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:27 am

Suicide Slim wrote: if there were tracers they could at LEAST spread like the bullets on the pistol and chaingun do.
I could make them spread even more then they currently do, but honestly they're not supposed to sync up perfectly with the spread of the weapons, they're just supposed to give your teammates a general idea of what you're shooting at.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

User avatar
President People
Forum Regular
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#275

Post by President People » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 am

Ted wrote:Next time, it'd probably be best to specify what kind of criticism you're looking for, otherwise you're leaving yourself open to a world of hurt to lots of other people. xD

Thanks for the apology!
A lot of this silly argument could've been avoided if you'd said that from the start. However, I would think it common courtesy to leave criticism that is constructive in response to Ænima's invitation.


On topic, I think lowering the painchance would be cool. Considering the alt-fire's purpose (quickly downing hordes of smaller troops), painchance only matters against larger targets, which are outside the mode's intended use.

I say go for it. Start at 25%, then work our way back up if it seems too much?
Image
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

katZune
Forum Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Mexico! aka the hell gate

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#276

Post by katZune » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:02 am

jes, it's dead leave that, too many browsing the thread :>, but anyway as you said make the pain state less? or maybe the weapon can overheat? (too dumb imo) or add a little delay between each shoot maybe
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#277

Post by Valherran » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 am

Valherran wrote: Ah I see, I would have to agree with him as well. lol

Also, I just tried it, slammed right through maps 1-9. For reasons I cannot explain, the blood smears on the walls and the explosion effects drop my frames to a crawl. Getting hit by enemy fireballs or explosives causes my screen to freeze, any tips on how to fix this? All of my settings were on high, but I turned them all off and I still got the same results. :-/
Any feedback?

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#278

Post by Ænima » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 am

Valherran wrote:
Valherran wrote: Ah I see, I would have to agree with him as well. lol

Also, I just tried it, slammed right through maps 1-9. For reasons I cannot explain, the blood smears on the walls and the explosion effects drop my frames to a crawl. Getting hit by enemy fireballs or explosives causes my screen to freeze, any tips on how to fix this? All of my settings were on high, but I turned them all off and I still got the same results. :-/
Any feedback?
Oh shit! Sorry I missed your post. D:

And I have no clue about those FPS drops. :/ I have a somewhat crappy computer and my framerate doesn't drop too too much when I get hit by fireballs. I mean if worst comes to worst, you could always use "togglefx" for a bit and see if that makes it better.

Are you using any sort of hi-res resize mode?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#279

Post by Valherran » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 am

Actually I just solved my own problem, there was some weird .cfg error that was enabling software mode for some things even with OpenGL enabled. Software mode is what causes me to lag, for some reason those old renders murder my frame rate. I guess it happened when I reinstalled Zandronum...

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

#280

Post by Valherran » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Question on Chaingun... If the primary fire is already very accurate, what is the point in using the alt-fire? Does the alt fire do more damage or...?

Post Reply