Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 am

Valherran wrote:
Ænima wrote: The minigun fires 2 bullets per shot? That might be a bug.

Do you mean "2 per actual shot" or "2 per trigger pull" (as intended)?
1 Bullet fired from the gun costs 2 ammo.

Also the damage output is too similar to the Chaingun, meaning it kills the target with the supposed same amount of ammo but in a quicker time frame. So maybe it is bugged?
Just tested it, works fine on my end.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Valherran
Forum Regular

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by Valherran » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 am

Ænima wrote:
Valherran wrote:

Also the damage output is too similar to the Chaingun, meaning it kills the target with the supposed same amount of ammo but in a quicker time frame. So maybe it is bugged?
Well if that is how it supposed to work, I would recommend trying the removal of 2 ammo per shot.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Valherran wrote:
Ænima wrote:
Valherran wrote:

Well if that is how it supposed to work, I would recommend trying the removal of 2 ammo per shot.
Nonono by "works fine", i meant "i pressed fire once, fired two bullets, two bullets got used up as they should, one from each shot".

Type "freeze", tap fire, look at the wall (there should be two shots), then look at your ammo count.
Last edited by Ænima on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Ænima wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
doomquake777 wrote: Oh, alright just wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.
Now what would be cool would be a velocity check hack to see if when you bumped something with the fist running at full speed it counted as a punch >:D
Cool idea. I'll look into it. Actually shouldn't be that hard.
UPDATE:
This has been added! :D

If you hold fire with the fist (keeping your fist outstretched), you can do a full-speed running punch and send enemies flying!
Last edited by Ænima on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Hmm, well I like the new altfires, HOWEVER.. You mentioned a new altfire for the SSG.. I thought it already had one. Also, a fresh Hardlink for rc4..

SST_v1.4RC4.zip

Sorry for the delay, but I was rushed the other day.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am

DevilHunter wrote: Hmm, well I like the new altfires, HOWEVER.. You mentioned a new altfire for the SSG.. I thought it already had one.
No, I never said that. I said that I smoothed out the animations for the SSG. I did the same for the shotgun too.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 am

I found a wierd bug, when you play the default levels of Doom 2, and then kill the final boss, the game resets you back at the last level starting room with 20 more HP and armor than you did before. The cycle keeps repeating forever, the monster credits are missing, maybe this is why it keeps repeating?

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:26 am

Valherran wrote: I found a wierd bug, when you play the default levels of Doom 2, and then kill the final boss, the game resets you back at the last level starting room with 20 more HP and armor than you did before. The cycle keeps repeating forever, the monster credits are missing, maybe this is why it keeps repeating?
Once again, works fine for me. I killed the bossbrain with rockets, kill/item/secret count screen, then the story text, then the monster credits.

You're using Zandronum 1.0, right?
Last edited by Ænima on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:25 am

Ænima wrote:
Valherran wrote: I found a wierd bug, when you play the default levels of Doom 2, and then kill the final boss, the game resets you back at the last level starting room with 20 more HP and armor than you did before. The cycle keeps repeating forever, the monster credits are missing, maybe this is why it keeps repeating?
Once again, works fine for me. I killed the bossbrain with rockets, kill/item/secret count screen, then the story text, then the monster credits.

You're using Zandronum 1.0, right?
Yes I am, however I couldn't get this MOD to work unless I had skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3 loaded. I also have the sstmap01fix.wad loaded, is any of this the cause?

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Valherran wrote: Yes I am, however I couldn't get this MOD to work unless I had skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3 loaded.
That's normal. You do need those for SST. :P
Valherran wrote: I also have the sstmap01fix.wad loaded, is any of this the cause?
Wait what? Where did that come from?

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:06 pm

That last file is a fix you provided to fix the glitchy graphics in various areas of the SST 1st map.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Valherran wrote: That last file is a fix you provided to fix the glitchy graphics in various areas of the SST 1st map.
You sure? I don't recall making anything like that.

There IS a SSTMAP01 "fix" within the Mercenaries pk3, but that only has to do with inventory items being reset.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 pm

That's where it came from, yes. However it fixes the glitchy tile sets in the 1st map that randomely occures whether or not you use Mercenaries. I loaded the game without it and beat the same level and still got the same result.

Conmon

Post by Conmon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I really should get around to fixing SSTMAP04... it's so... bright... and small.... and ugly.... D:

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Conmon wrote: I really should get around to fixing SSTMAP04... it's so... bright... and small.... and ugly.... D:
Nah, bro. 'Tis perfect.

ZandroSkins

Pioruniej
New User

Post by Pioruniej » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm

SST is awesome, and with these player-made map remakes, it's even more awesome. Keep up the good job on this thing too, man.
The only question: What the secondary fire on rocket launcher does? I haven't noticed the rockets to fly faster or be fired quicker, or even to be homed to target.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Pioruniej wrote: SST is awesome, and with these player-made map remakes, it's even more awesome. Keep up the good job on this thing too, man.
The only question: What the secondary fire on rocket launcher does? I haven't noticed the rockets to fly faster or be fired quicker, or even to be homed to target.
Yeah alt-fired rockets are teleportable. Sorry if it wasn't obvious enough. In the next version, I'll make a message that comes up the first time you altfire the rocket launcher and says "this rocket can teleport".

ZandroSkins

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Ah I see.. alright then. Also, I been meaning to bug ya about this.. In your custom hud, it so happens you have bars showing how much time is left on powerups, and how much air you have left.. How does one apply that to his own hud??

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 pm

thanks for giving credit for my blood effect man :D

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 am

I started work on two new secret maps!
Spoiler: SSTMAP36: ''The Canal'' (Open)
Spoiler: SSTMAP37: ''Which Witch Ate The Sandwich?'' (Open)

ZandroSkins