Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Dafaq?? The first shot has me baffled.. is that still Doom2?

Anyhow, I don't think you saw my last message.. I tried applying your meters to my hud, but they would either show up very big, or not at all.. sometimes a tad off screen..

How does one apply it to my huds? You should be able to find my huds in the maps, mods and projects section.. I just posted it not too long ago

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by Ænima » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Hmm, i'm not sure. I think it depends if you're using the flag "fullscreenoffsets" or not.

EDIT:
OHH I see what you're talking about now. It's probably because you're using hud_scale 1 for your HUD, whereas the SST hud requires hud_scale 0.
Last edited by Ænima on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Well.. Far as I know, Nightfright made the Hud show up small or whateva when using hud_scale 0, thanks to dtdsphere.. I don't mind that, but what I really meant, was how do you make certain HUD Elements and Font small??

I noticed some things in SST was small (in the hud) But show up big on mine. If you look at my huds that I posted, they both use FullScreenOffsets. Funny thing is, when I use my hud in Gzdoom.. Even the Updated SVN Copy.. The Mugshot will end up.. In the Air and to the left, but the graphics in DevilHuntersHUD show a bit.. shrunken. I don't know why this is.

Also.. just a bit of a nag... Even playing in certain mappacks. I will always run out of ammo, or end up getting raped in SP. Is there any chance you can somewhat lower the cost? or would that break multiplayer balance?? I just hate the fact that I get cought between the Wall and Demons. ofc, I can use the chainsaw, but half the time, I don't even think about it.

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 am

I never had an ammo issue till after the 2nd level...

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am

Update:

The next version will include female zombies! 1 out of 8 zombies are female. This goes for all zombie types (grunt, sergeant, chaingunner, SSG guy). Females are faster and attack more often, but have less HP.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Dare I ask what the female SSG Zombie is gonna look like? lol

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 am

Valherran wrote: Dare I ask what the female SSG Zombie is gonna look like? lol

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 am

Bearded lady with a giant bow on it's head and red eyes... Yikes...

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 am

That was a joke, btw. :p

The real female counterpart is the for the SSG guy is "Female Railgunner" from the Beastiary (modified a bit for balance, of course). She runs fast and has a rail attack but she's pretty easily to kill and she doesn't drop a railgun, just cells.

The female "major" (aka chaingunner) counterpart is a Female Plasmagunner. Once again, faster but less health. And no weapon drop. Just cells.

The female "sergeant" (aka shotgunner) counterpart has a semi-auto rifle and she's a pretty good shot.

The female "private" (aka zombieman) counterpart just has a pistol and she's a crappy shot.

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 am

Bump with question:

Anybody know of a good grenade launcher firing sound? It always bugged me that the ST grenade launcher shared the rocket launcher's sound.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Rip the sounds from the Hydra Grenade Launcher in Unreal 2, those are pretty good.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Got a link? I actually don't have Unreal 2. :C

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

I spent a good hour or so looking for them, it's harder to find than I thought... My 2nd alternative would be to use the Grenade Launcher sounds from AvP Gold or AvP 2. There are bound to be all sorts of sound files laying around to grab them, maybe you can check here as a start if you are interested.

http://www.planetavp.com/avp/files/

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh sweet. Yeah you're right, AVP did have good grenade launcher sounds. (I have both original games, so yeah i'm good to go.)

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. I also mixed the Doom2 rocket explosion sound a little bit (HD version) and came up with something much punchier. :3

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Update!

The next version will feature better eye-candy!

Enhanced particles!
Spoiler: (Open)
I drew the base myself and then translated it.

Improved blood decals!
Spoiler: (Open)
No, they're not from Brutal Doom. They're from Meat Fortress 2. A million thanks to Zombieguy for ripping them! :D
Last edited by Ænima on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Do you plan on removing skulltag actors and data dependencies?

Yellowtail
Forum Regular

Post by Yellowtail » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm

That would require removing certain key textures and monsters and then re-adding them with a lot of coding, if I recall, so... =/

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

ArcheKruz wrote: Do you plan on removing skulltag actors and data dependencies?
You know, I was actually thinking about this while at work today. So it's funny you should bring it up. :p

I'm not sure. I mean it would make things much easier for "newbie" players (who don't know how to load wads and such) if all of the necessary sprites, textures, and actor definitions were included in the SST .pk3 (soon to be .pk7) itself. That way, SST would be the only thing they'd have to load. However, doing this would increase the filesize considerably. And we might run into some trouble with copyright/permissions.

This will require more thought. So I can't really give you a definite answer right now, ArcheKruz. I don't know, we might remove the dependencies at some point in time, but not right now.

ZandroSkins

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 am

That's okay, I am liking what I see so far!

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:56 pm

I thought there was problems with using pk7's... Anyhow, it is rather annoying having to load st_data/Actors everytime but meh..