Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
thesuperplayer
New User

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Post by thesuperplayer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 am

DevilHunter wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 am
For that matter, I thought SST was broken online due to the flag changes in zan 3.0... Or did it get fixed?? I haven't looked at the forums in awhile due to RL Stuff and Work so yea.. I'm so out of the loop here.
Why it's happening that to you? I didn't have any problems with online hosting with SST. Maybe that's a problem with clientside flags or something...

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:13 pm

If you are making the mod for Zandronum, you can use DECORATE instead of DEHACKED. It can do so much more, and in my opinion, it is easier to use. If you want it to work in ZDaemon, then you're stuck with DEHACKED.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 am

thesuperplayer wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 am
DevilHunter wrote:
For that matter, I thought SST was broken online due to the flag changes in zan 3.0... Or did it get fixed?? I haven't looked at the forums in awhile due to RL Stuff and Work so yea.. I'm so out of the loop here.
Why it's happening that to you? I didn't have any problems with online hosting with SST. Maybe that's a problem with clientside flags or something...
I just remember when I try to host the mod online, it will change the flags to something else every map. I remember I asked Aenima about this long ago, and he said that the mod forces a few flags on map change, which are outdated. Idunno. Either way, It has been a long time since the base of the mod itself has been updated since the pre-3.0 alpha days.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:08 pm

DevilHunter wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 am
thesuperplayer wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 am
DevilHunter wrote:
I just remember when I try to host the mod online, it will change the flags to something else every map. I remember I asked Aenima about this long ago, and he said that the mod forces a few flags on map change, which are outdated. Idunno. Either way, It has been a long time since the base of the mod itself has been updated since the pre-3.0 alpha days.
You sure you’re not thinking of Mercenaries? I don’t recall forcing any flags for SST, but in Mercs i force “Send Full Client Button Info” because the buy menu would be broken otherwise.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:13 am

Hmm well now that I think of it... There is sst_v1.4rc7_fixed.pk7 and a norecoil variant on TSPG right now. Not sure what is "fixed" exactly.. so yea it might be Mercs. I can't tell exactly if flags change when playing sst. it says flags changed in-game but the browser still shows the flags I set at launch. I cannot find Mercs anywhere however, not sure if anyone even uploaded it to tspg. I can't tell if the copy that I have in my HTTP is the updated one. Its named mercs2-alpha2.pk3 and it was uploaded sometime in 2012...

thesuperplayer
New User

Post by thesuperplayer » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:09 am

Well, it looks like I'm going to update this thing two years after making the previous one again, but that's it guys, I'm still living in my parents house and they're a nightmare. I also had a pretty strange 2019, but strange on the good way, I changed my carrier and I started to have an actual social life.

But, nobody cares about my life so I'm going to get to the point: In the whole 2019 I didin't played Doom any time, I almost forgot absolutely everything about my modding proyects, but this shitty quarantine month I'm going back to play Doom and I remembered about how cool SST was and how high was my enthusiasm to make a mod inspired on it.

Anyway, I just played SST again and I used my "Extra Weapons" addon to play the SST maps, and I realized about many problems that existed on the v4, so I made little changes to patch those little bugs. I didn't added new guns so I not going to call this thing "a great update", just a fixed version, a "version 4b". Here is the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5x3s15sx ... b.zip/file

The differences are:
- changes on the RandomSpawners, changing the frecuancy when the extra weapons are dropped.
- fixed the "infinite ammo" on the altfire on the Zombiemen Rifle. A beginer mistake, I see hehe...
- The "Revenant Rockets Ammo" was added now with an actual spawn state. Now it can be dropped by the Revenants frequently, just like the Mancubus can drop "Gas" tanks besides its arms.
- Minor balance things on the Melee atacks of the Arachnothron and on the Mancubus flames, being now less cheap enemies and being a more fair challenge.

I also added a "No recoil" version, just for the non "mouselookers" as me whom plays SST with vainilla controls:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/c9y6g257 ... l.zip/file

SSTNewWeapons hasn't been updated, but I'm planning to do a patch which can re-enable the recoil unable feature to the SST_v1.4rc7 version, just as a little extra gift to this wad that iI love so much. But first I want to beat the SST D2 maps so that's going to take me a while.

Talking about my personal project mod (that anti-brutal doom mod) I actually didn't started it at all, or maybe not just so much. I spent a little time just to understand SST and which things I could transfer for that mod when I really start working on it.

Fun fact: I started to make that mod calling it "Super Doom" but now I realized that already exist a doom mod called "Super Doom" which, ironically, it's also a TC (A Superhot TC). So I planned to rename it to avoid confusions. I planned to use "Hyper Doom" as the new name, but it's not definitve, at least for now.

Well, that's all for today. This was TheSuperPlayer trying to get back on the bussiness.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 am

I’m so fucking proud of you. :’) <3

Thank you for reviving my long-dead mod. And yeah lol ... I was living with my parents literally 10 years ago back in 2010 when i was making SST. And now you get to relive my experience. :wonk:

Keep on keeping on!!! I will be play-testing this all day today.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

ASCiiDiTY

Post by ASCiiDiTY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:36 pm

How do you use the special attacks with the deathmatch addon? Great mod, thanks to everybody who has contributed.

EDIT: Ah ha! Key binding at bottom of control settings.