Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by Ænima » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 pm

DevilHunter wrote: Anyhow, it is rather annoying having to load st_data/Actors everytime but meh..
I recently made a request for a feature to be backported which would eliminate this hassle by making it so that I can include something in SST itself which tells Zandronum to automatically load those two pk3's. (See here.)

It would help this project in particular a lot. :)
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc4 - new firing modes, smoother weapons and moar blood!

Post by Ænima » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:10 am

it's splatterin' time!

Last edited by Ænima on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Snakezz

Post by Snakezz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 am

Hmm, totally forgot I'm still sitting on MAP 28, I have been busy working on Realm full throttle. I will take another look at it however.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Meh.. trying to copy brutaldoom?? heh.. anyhow, I have ZDL set to load the two st files via config file so its all good. Just rather annoying when I don't want to include those two files, or does it just need Actors?? I dunno, however, playing this with bots is fun, despite the fps lag, even with toggling all the effects off..

I managed to make a duke bot, but I need to strip his sounds, as he says stuff AFTER he dies, and its rather funny. but erm... Yea, keep up the good work. Still need moar weapons and junk, I hate having to use god mode everytime i play this. lawls

Coolster
New User

Post by Coolster » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

well if the mod adds corpse destruction but will maintain it's own gameplay style i will be happy with that (not saying brutal doom is bad, but i find it unplayable with maps that have high monster count, especially chaingunners...)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 am

I probably won't add corpse destruction.

ZandroSkins

Coolster
New User

Post by Coolster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

awww, but then again i like this mod for it's unique gameplay style so it's not a big deal :P im just sadistic xD that's all

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Coolster wrote: awww, but then again i like this mod for it's unique gameplay style so it's not a big deal :P im just sadistic xD that's all
Haha good, because the next release will have some juicy gore sounds that I mixed myself.

EDIT:
I'll make a gib compilation video if anyone's interested.
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 am

Spoiler: random video, not related to the gib thing, although there is some gibbage towards the end (Open)
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

ZandroSkins

President People
Forum Regular

Post by President People » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am

Ænima wrote:
Spoiler: random video, not related to the gib thing, although there is some gibbage towards the end (Open)
phpBB [video]
Heh, nice effects. Can't wait until Zandronum for Mac gets OpenGL. The DooMGuy reflection is a nice touch.

EDIT: Also, music?
Last edited by President People on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

President People wrote:
Ænima wrote:
phpBB [video]
Heh, nice effects. Can't wait until Zandronum for Mac gets OpenGL. The DooMGuy reflection is a nice touch.

EDIT: Also, music?
Not sure. It was a compilation music PK3 compiled by SlimeDweller but he didn't include a credits file so I don't know who did that version of the song. :c

EDIT:
I think it's OCRemix.
Last edited by Ænima on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc5 coming soon!

Post by Valherran » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 pm

OCRemix isn't a person, it's a site. lol

Therfor that person may have made a compilation of music files from that site.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc5 coming soon!

Post by Ænima » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Valherran wrote: OCRemix isn't a person, it's a site. lol
I see. :p

ZandroSkins

Slime
New User

Post by Slime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Ænima wrote: Not sure. It was a compilation music PK3 compiled by SlimeDweller but he didn't include a credits file so I don't know who did that version of the song. :c

EDIT:
I think it's OCRemix.
Yeah, it's OCRemix. I'll host the music pack along with a credits file. TBH I think I have one here... I'll check it. Maybe I host it today but I'll not guarantee it.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Slime wrote:
Ænima wrote: Not sure. It was a compilation music PK3 compiled by SlimeDweller but he didn't include a credits file so I don't know who did that version of the song. :c

EDIT:
I think it's OCRemix.
Yeah, it's OCRemix. I'll host the music pack along with a credits file. TBH I think I have one here... I'll check it. Maybe I host it today but I'll not guarantee it.
Hmmmm.

Actually, I might make some modifications to that music pack PK3 in order to make it smaller. Because right now, it's around 100 to 130 MB. I aim to get it below 80MB. Because anything bigger than 100MB is kinda ridiculous for just music. :/

Especially considering that the next SST version's main PK7 will only be around 17MB. :3
Last edited by Ænima on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Slime
New User

Post by Slime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 am

Ænima wrote: Actually, I might make some modifications to that music pack PK3 in order to make it smaller. Because right now, it's around 100 to 130 MB. I aim to get it below 80MB. Because anything bigger than 100MB is kinda ridiculous for just music. :/

Especially considering that the next SST version's main PK7 will only be around 17MB. :3
I can do that for you. Since most of 'em are mp3s, I can convert them to smaller formats.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Slime wrote:
Ænima wrote: Actually, I might make some modifications to that music pack PK3 in order to make it smaller. Because right now, it's around 100 to 130 MB. I aim to get it below 80MB. Because anything bigger than 100MB is kinda ridiculous for just music. :/

I can do that for you. Since most of 'em are mp3s, I can convert them to smaller formats.
Try OGG, if you haven't already.

And remove the "doubles". (D_RUNNI2, D_SHAWN2, D_SHAWN3, etc) I'll fix the SST maps' MAPINFOs so that they reference only the first instance of each song. For example, I'd make it so that "Industrial Zone" references D_RUNNIN instead of D_RUNNI2. That should help cut down on filesize quite a bit too.
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4, rc5 coming TOMORROW!

Post by Ænima » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I'll probably release rc5 tomorrow.

Anybody have any quick suggestions before I go ahead and upload it?

Here's the changelog, incase anyone's interested:
  • rc5:
  • Enhanced gore and added juicier sounds.
  • Added "running punches"! To perform, hold Fire with the fist and run at an enemy full-speed!
  • The plasma rifle no longer uses random ammo amounts.
  • Fixed: Zombie and imp bodies would mysteriously "disappear" online instead of being gibbed.
  • Adjusted the chaingun's altfire slightly. Thanks for the suggestion, Valhalleran!
  • Enhanced the railgun's effects.
  • Enhanced particle effects.
  • Fixed a problem with the minigun's "spinning" sound.
  • Fixed: The minigun's sounds would cut off if an item was picked up while firing.
  • Made the chainsaw more satisfying to use by giving it +EXTREMEDEATH. ;)
  • Enhanced effects for rockets and mancubus/hectebus fireballs.
  • Added female zombies! 1 out of 8 zombies are female.
  • Replaced the old PVP hitsound with the one from Quake3/WolfensteinET.
  • Added better sounds for the Chaingun, Minigun, Rocket Launcher, and Grenade Launcher!
  • Made the Grenade Launcher semi-auto.
  • Used some blood decals from Meat Fortress 2. Thanks for ripping them, Zombieguy!
  • Fixed: The spraypaint shouldn't make monsters spawn blood decals when hit.
  • Added fancy texture-warping effects for all of the stock liquid textures.
  • Improved the BFG9000's firing animation.
  • Fixed: The Baron spawned a Hellknight lower body when split in half by a rocket.
  • Lowered the overall filesize by converting some WAVs to OGGs and switching the archive from pk3 to pk7 format.
  • Fixed some random artifacts on the Pistol's firing sprite.

ZandroSkins

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 pm

•Adjusted the chaingun's altfire slightly. Thanks for the suggestion, Valherran!
Fixed. lol

The only small thing I can think of is to have falling bodies not spawn so many blood pools. For example if you punch out a pinky, and you knock him upward a bit, he bleeds like 10 gallons of blood. It's gorey, yes, but it causes lag when it happens. Same with using the Rocket Launcher, if a bunch of bodies start flying, tons of laggy blood pools occure. lol

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Valherran wrote:
•Adjusted the chaingun's altfire slightly. Thanks for the suggestion, Valherran!
Fixed. lol

The only small thing I can think of is to have falling bodies not spawn so many blood pools. For example if you punch out a pinky, and you knock him upward a bit, he bleeds like 10 gallons of blood. It's gorey, yes, but it causes lag when it happens. Same with using the Rocket Launcher, if a bunch of bodies start flying, tons of laggy blood pools occure. lol
Thanks, will do.

ZandroSkins