Super Skulltag v1.4, RC7: More improvements, no new maps. :c

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#61

Post by Ænima » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 am

doomquake777 wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
doomquake777 wrote: Is anything going to be done about zombie bullets disappearing into thin air after they have traveled too far a distance?
It has to be done like that because they don't physically interact with the world so if you don't destroy them after a certain amount of time they just keep on going...
Isn't it possible to just make them travel until they hit any solid wall?
The whole point of giving zombies fastprojectile attacks instead of hitscans was to make it so that they can't rape you from across the map. I wanted to a) make their attacks dodgeable, and b) limit their range. That's why they fade out after a certain (rather long) range. It's so long that it's really not even observable. Where did you notice it happening? ;p
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Llewellyn
Forum Regular
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#62

Post by Llewellyn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 am

Ænima wrote: The whole point of giving zombies fastprojectile attacks instead of hitscans was to make it so that they can't rape you from across the map. I wanted to a) make their attacks dodgeable, and b) limit their range. That's why they fade out after a certain (rather long) range. It's so long that it's really not even observable. Where did you notice it happening? ;p
The one downside is because zombies have that "reaction time" they will aim, and you can duck behind a wall and still get shot because of +NOINTERACTION
It kinda feels like getting shot after ducking behind a wall when you lag online, except you see the bullets come through the wall and hit your face.
Last edited by Llewellyn on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#63

Post by Valherran » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am

Llewellyn wrote:
Ænima wrote: The whole point of giving zombies fastprojectile attacks instead of hitscans was to make it so that they can't rape you from across the map. I wanted to a) make their attacks dodgeable, and b) limit their range. That's why they fade out after a certain (rather long) range. It's so long that it's really not even observable. Where did you notice it happening? ;p
The one downside is because zombies have that "reaction time" they will aim, and you can duck behind a wall and still get shot because of +NOINTERACTION
It kinda feels like getting shot after ducking behind a wall when you lag online, except you see the bullets come through the wall and hit your face.
I was about to say something about this actualy. Their reaction time is so fast that some of the mobs murder players insanely fast that it isn't really fair.

A horde of shotgun zombies in a mid sized room will have a 90% chance of killing the player. a squad of SSG Zombies will have the same results too.

The Pinkies and Bull Demons are also a problem because their bites are happening before the animation, making them undodgable, and a horde of these can easily kill a player on even ground.

I am about half way through the map set so far, alot of the areas I have visted were just... Holy shit... However, I hope you could find a way to fix this, cus the reaction time on these mobs makes your Mercs2 MOD nearly unplayable on UV with it's current weapon set as well. :-(

Llewellyn
Forum Regular
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#64

Post by Llewellyn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 am

Valherran wrote: However, I hope you could find a way to fix this, cus the reaction time on these mobs makes your Mercs2 MOD nearly unplayable on UV with it's current weapon set as well. :-(
This is actually all (seemingly) intended behavior.

Its supposed to be a challenge addition. You're playing on UV for a reason, if its too hard back off to Hurt Me Plenty, difficulty settings exist for a reason lol.

doomquake777
New User
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#65

Post by doomquake777 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Ænima wrote:
doomquake777 wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
doomquake777 wrote: Is anything going to be done about zombie bullets disappearing into thin air after they have traveled too far a distance?
It has to be done like that because they don't physically interact with the world so if you don't destroy them after a certain amount of time they just keep on going...
Isn't it possible to just make them travel until they hit any solid wall?
The whole point of giving zombies fastprojectile attacks instead of hitscans was to make it so that they can't rape you from across the map. I wanted to a) make their attacks dodgeable, and b) limit their range. That's why they fade out after a certain (rather long) range. It's so long that it's really not even observable. Where did you notice it happening? ;p

On map03 of a levelset that I am currently working on here is its Zdoom page if you want to check it out. http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33413 The issue occurs at the beginning of Map03. It also doesn't seem right that we can shoot an unlimited distance but that there rounds magically disappear. There is already a benefit to the rounds being projectiles since they are now dodge able. in some levels monsters are placed far away and are intended to snipe.
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Last edited by doomquake777 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#66

Post by Valherran » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 am

Llewellyn wrote:
Valherran wrote: However, I hope you could find a way to fix this, cus the reaction time on these mobs makes your Mercs2 MOD nearly unplayable on UV with it's current weapon set as well. :-(
This is actually all (seemingly) intended behavior.

Its supposed to be a challenge addition. You're playing on UV for a reason, if its too hard back off to Hurt Me Plenty, difficulty settings exist for a reason lol.
I don't find it challenging to walk into specific areas/rooms in the game with a mega sphere and full ammo to just die in 3 seconds and can nothing about it, except cheat, which I don't like to do.

In Mercs 2, you take a helluva lot more damage than in SST, so it is even more of an issue in more various areas of the game.

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#67

Post by Ænima » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:35 am

Valherran wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
Valherran wrote: However, I hope you could find a way to fix this, cus the reaction time on these mobs makes your Mercs2 MOD nearly unplayable on UV with it's current weapon set as well. :-(
This is actually all (seemingly) intended behavior.

Its supposed to be a challenge addition. You're playing on UV for a reason, if its too hard back off to Hurt Me Plenty, difficulty settings exist for a reason lol.
I don't find it challenging to walk into specific areas/rooms in the game with a mega sphere and full ammo to just die in 3 seconds and can nothing about it, except cheat, which I don't like to do.

In Mercs 2, you take a helluva lot more damage than in SST, so it is even more of an issue in more various areas of the game.
It won't be as bad in the next Mercs 2 version, when the minigun, flamethrower, M32, and AT4 are added. Crowd-control will be easier and you won't get swamped as much. For now though, just spam cluster grenades. :p
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#68

Post by Valherran » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:15 am

Ænima wrote:
Valherran wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
Valherran wrote: However, I hope you could find a way to fix this, cus the reaction time on these mobs makes your Mercs2 MOD nearly unplayable on UV with it's current weapon set as well. :-(
This is actually all (seemingly) intended behavior.

Its supposed to be a challenge addition. You're playing on UV for a reason, if its too hard back off to Hurt Me Plenty, difficulty settings exist for a reason lol.
I don't find it challenging to walk into specific areas/rooms in the game with a mega sphere and full ammo to just die in 3 seconds and can nothing about it, except cheat, which I don't like to do.

In Mercs 2, you take a helluva lot more damage than in SST, so it is even more of an issue in more various areas of the game.
It won't be as bad in the next Mercs 2 version, when the minigun, flamethrower, M32, and AT4 are added. Crowd-control will be easier and you won't get swamped as much. For now though, just spam cluster grenades. :p
I figured as much, which is why I said earlier "with it's current weapon set". About those nades... (posts in the right thread).

Even though Mercs2 can get passed it at some point, standard SST will still have a problem.

4avenger5
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#69

Post by 4avenger5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 am

PROBLEM:

Lite Version: Execution could not continue.

Script error, "sst_LITE_v1.4 (put this in your SKINS folder, don't host it).pk3:sst-LITE-hud_v1.4.wad:SBARINFO" line 90:
'Minigun' is not a type of weapon.

katZune
Forum Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Mexico! aka the hell gate

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#70

Post by katZune » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 am

4avenger5 wrote: PROBLEM:

Lite Version: Execution could not continue.

Script error, "sst_LITE_v1.4 (put this in your SKINS folder, don't host it).pk3:sst-LITE-hud_v1.4.wad:SBARINFO" line 90:
'Minigun' is not a type of weapon.
are you running it in zandronum?
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

4avenger5
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#71

Post by 4avenger5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 am

Yes I was

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#72

Post by Ænima » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 am

­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

katZune
Forum Regular
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Mexico! aka the hell gate

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#73

Post by katZune » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:39 am

ah thanks!, now i can use it with zandro :D
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

4avenger5
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#74

Post by 4avenger5 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am

YA! also you should make the spray can not damage enemies because it makes the game much easier.

doomquake777
New User
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#75

Post by doomquake777 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:03 am

Another issue I have encounted is that Imp's fireballs travel downwards as they fly so if there is a good distance between you and the Imp then it will never hit you with its fireballs. I was playing Plutonia Revisited Map06 when I noticed it. (I'm sure the other demons that throw fireballs have this issue as well but I only noticed it when fighting an Imp)
Last edited by doomquake777 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Valherran
Forum Regular
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Korea (Stationed)

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#76

Post by Valherran » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 am

Sounds similar to how the Imps throw their fireballs in the novels.

doomquake777
New User
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#77

Post by doomquake777 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 am

Is the Mancubus's Alternate Death supposed to freeze and then return to the original Death?

Llewellyn
Forum Regular
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 am

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#78

Post by Llewellyn » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:01 pm

doomquake777 wrote: Is the Mancubus's Alternate Death supposed to freeze and then return to the original Death?
I think it stops and then jumps to either it's altdeath or normaldeath (Chance.)


doomquake777
New User
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

RE: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc3 released!

#80

Post by doomquake777 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 am

Llewellyn wrote:
doomquake777 wrote: Is the Mancubus's Alternate Death supposed to freeze and then return to the original Death?
I think it stops and then jumps to either it's altdeath or normaldeath (Chance.)
I've never seen it do its Altdeath. It will either do its original death or it does this different death but midway through it it just freezes and then goes back to an original death. Is the Altdeath unfinished, or is this a bug?

Post Reply