Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch Map Pack 1

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Reaku
Forum Regular

Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch Map Pack 1

Post by Reaku » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

:Reckoning of Armageddon:
A great deal of time and work went into this file, so here's some basic info.
It is Deathmatch only and built with Boom, so it needs a limit removing engine. There are ten maps, and all are mine, as are the custom graphics.

This pack is about a year or so old, so some of the maps wont appear the be that great compared to some of my newer ones, but they still play just fine.

Screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image

NOTE: I did a HOTFIX of two maps because of unseen errors that i didn't find until later

Download link here!: http://www.mediafire.com/?chqcc3d4yoy0c49

HotFix link here!: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2jak3uuaujgnq0

Please note both files are nearly the same, one is just hotfixed.
|Project releases|
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217 : Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch map pack :

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch Map Pack 1

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Catastrophe wrote: It looks pretty good, but plays like shit due to the lack of SSG. Should've have made it for DooM 1 instead.
The lack of SSG was intentional, it was mostly inspiration from a few maps I saw that didn't have SSG starts, and I liked it. Besides, it makes the players sweat a little.
|Project releases|
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217 : Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch map pack :

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Reaku wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: It looks pretty good, but plays like shit due to the lack of SSG. Should've have made it for DooM 1 instead.
The lack of SSG was intentional, it was mostly inspiration from a few maps I saw that didn't have SSG starts, and I liked it. Besides, it makes the players sweat a little.
I admire your creativity, but I have to agree with blue, DM maps need plenty of SSG, as it's the main weapon we use in DM. It's the only weapon I use in DM! If I spawn without an SSG there, I have to run around to find one like a harmless target. I disagree with spamming BFG and shit on DM, so I don't do it.
Last edited by Devon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

If you're going to forego placing SSGs, you should reduce the amounts of armor in your maps to compensate. The single shotgun is fine unless your opponent is heavily armored.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Marcaek wrote: If you're going to forego placing SSGs, you should reduce the amounts of armor in your maps to compensate. The single shotgun is fine unless your opponent is heavily armored.
That or include a custom Shotgun with better damage, unlike the crappy bad random one we got :(
Last edited by Ivan on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 am

Ivan wrote:
Marcaek wrote: If you're going to forego placing SSGs, you should reduce the amounts of armor in your maps to compensate. The single shotgun is fine unless your opponent is heavily armored.
That or include a custom Shotgun with better damage, unlike the crappy bad random one we got :(
I usually only put in a single pick up, maybe two if i see hit, but most the time it's left to the bonuses that are laying around.
These are for Boom, so I can't really do much outside of DEHACKED, and I'm not even going to mess with it beyond name changing.
|Project releases|

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:35 am

Your quotes are backward. :P

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Marcaek wrote: Your quotes are backward. :P
Well that's embarrassing...
|Project releases|

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 am

Well I was going to download it, but then I read it doesn't have ssg.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Blasphyx wrote: Well I was going to download it, but then I read it doesn't have ssg.
Each and every single map has a Super Shotgun in it, EVERY MAP!
I just didn't make it the main spawn weapon like every body is so used too, it's shotgun starts and then you work for your weapon, and if you don't get what you desire, you use something else until you're happy.

Don't judge a map complete on the weapons used in it, or if it's not shiny enough, judge it by how it plays and feels.

Download it and actually give it a shot, you may like it, if not, oh well.
|Project releases|

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Reaku wrote:
I just didn't make it the main spawn weapon like every body is so used too, it's shotgun starts and then you work for your weapon, and if you don't get what you desire, you use something else until you're happy.

Don't judge a map complete on the weapons used in it, or if it's not shiny enough, judge it by how it plays and feels.

Ok ok, I'll give it a shot. It can be pulled off...but I'm weary about "you work for your weapon", because I don't like fumbling around trying to get the all purpose weapon.(primary weapon) The other weapons have a more specialized purpose like far range, crowd control, ect.(secondary weapons)
Reaku wrote:Don't judge a map complete on the weapons used in it, or if it's not shiny enough, judge it by how it plays and feels.
So obviously the weapon placement affects how a map plays, if I had been judging based off how it looked, I would have just said "looks great!".
Last edited by Blasphyx on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Blasphyx wrote:
Reaku wrote:
Blasphyx wrote: Well I was going to download it, but then I read it doesn't have ssg.

Ok ok, I'll give it a shot. It can be pulled off...but I'm weary about "you work for your weapon", because I don't like fumbling around trying to get the all purpose weapon.(primary weapon) The other weapons have a more specialized purpose like far range, crowd control, ect.(secondary weapons) So obviously the weapon placement affects how a map plays.
I make the maps first the go into some serious thought about what goes where, so the weapon placement shouldn't throw you off that much, or even at all.
|Project releases|

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Ok yeah, I like these maps alot. There's plenty of room and getting the ssg is a very relaxed effort, rather than a frantic one. I'm used to maps with only one ssg being a frantic clusterfuck.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Blasphyx wrote: Ok yeah, I like these maps alot. There's plenty of room and getting the ssg is a very relaxed effort, rather than a frantic one. I'm used to maps with only one ssg being a frantic clusterfuck.
That's a mistake a lot of people make with maps and that's making them very un flexable. The goal was to make it very fluid to play on without worrying where the weapons were, because you will eventually find them just running around.
|Project releases|