• WhoDunIt MAX • [M]utilator + [A]bilities + [X]pack

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Cruduxy
Zandrone

RE: Extravagant Mappack for WDI. BETA RELEASED

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Yea zandro has some strange decorate behaviour.. I replaced an actor with itself by accident and spent 30 minutes trying to figure why it wasn't changing anything ingame.. until a guy tried it with gzdoom and warned me about that.
Last edited by Cruduxy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:01 pm

It seems many people have some trouble finding secrets/items on these maps so here is a little guide.
Spoiler: SECRETS (Open)
///////
MARSIS:
///////
=====================================================================================================
*HOW TO GET CARD LVL4

Head to restroom(north) and look into ..lighting urinal. Flush it via button nearby and
+if there was a FLASHLIGHT in it, KEYCARD LV4 will spawn after 15 secs near that urinal.
+if there was a KEYCARD LV4 in it, it will spawn in 3 different spots.
To know what are these spots check a memo in restroom on a mirror.
=====================================================================================================
*HOW TO GET EASTER EGG

Go to caves and find a plate with strange silly drawing on it. You will need someone to
jump on to get there. EASTER EGG lies under that plate.

You can use it +in locked restroom to hear something funny.
+on jukebox in a dining room to hear something rocky.
*SECRET ENDINGS
Grab a FIRE AXE and wait(stay alive) till final phase of the game. Go to the wracked wall
and smash it with AXE. Pass the foot sensor and enter the equipment room.
+if you pick KEYCARD LV7 - open lv7 door with it and press a button there. After that
you better escape Marsis base the way you came from.
+if you pick DYNAMITE - go to outside area to north through airlock, and drop DYNAMITE
to opened hatch. After that you better escape Marsis by swimming out through caverns hole.
+if you're a murderer, there is a third secret ending for you. You'll need a SOULCUBE for it.
*AXE LOCATIONS
1a)In the Outside area near scrolling machine.
2a)Behind teleporter in pyramid cave.
3b)In restroom in one of cabin.
3b)Near windows in dining room.
*ETC
+As a murderer you can execute innocent which is in process of teleportating. Check it in murd's hub.
+Use a chair to get in surgery fast.
+Teleport is good to outrun murderer.
+Murderer can ressurect zombies and monsters via murd's hub.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////
RETORN'79:
//////////
*SCISSORS KEY LOCATIONS
You can open a safe in Machine Shop's garage with it.

1)North of Baseball court(Remilia Park)
2)Near trash container beside Kiddie Park.
3)In the warehouse in city docks.
4)Behind the container near meat factory.
5)Between train coaches in Roseville trainyard.
*SAFE KEY LOCATIONS
You can open a safe in Renegades hangout with it.

1)Between sewers and construction side. At bum's bed.
2)Behind Motorcycle attraction in Kiddie Park.
3)Down the street in Chinatown.
*FIREARMS LOCATIONS
Pistol/Shotgun/M1 spawners.
1)In the locked safe in Renegades hangout.
2)On the 4th level of constructing building. Use construction crane and ladder to get there.
*SECRET ENDINGS
You need to wait(stay alive) till final phase of the game. After that go to jail
and follow red ines on the floor there. You'll be able(or not) to trigger 1 of 3 endings.

*POLICE RAID
-----------
You'll need a COIN to make a call to police. Exit secret room and turn right to notice black writing.
Now you know what you need to do. You can find it walking around in one of three places.
+Roseville trainyard.
+Kiddie Park
+City's Junkyard.

*SUMMON GHOULS //since this map is a "prequel" to tcgold.wad
-------------
You'll need a DISC OF OURBOROS and a CREST OF MERCURY to finish potion.
+DISC OF OURBOROS) *Go to meat factory and inspect hanging dead guy.
+CREST OF MERCURY) *Is hidden in the ancient vase. It spawns either in:
+balcony in old hotel.
+one of the boxes in Roseville trainyard.

*GIANT MURDERER
--------------
Simply perform 2 backstabs during the round.
*ETC
+Check out the binoculars near Srip club.
+Don't try to jump from construction building. It'll be bad... seriosly.
+Check your AUTOMAP for places of interest.
Also, for contributors and those who use Ex's weaps in their maps must add this code in their map script.
Spoiler: MUST BE IN SCRIPT (Open)
/////////////////////////////////////CUSTOM WEAPONS STUFF

function void wdi_dropplayerweaponEX(int id)
{
if(CheckWeapon("BaseballBat"))
GiveActorInventory(id, "DeathDropper_BaseballBat", 1);

else if(CheckWeapon("SprayCanBLU"))
GiveActorInventory(id, "DeathDropper_SprayCanBLU", 1);

else if(CheckWeapon("SprayCanRED"))
GiveActorInventory(id, "DeathDropper_SprayCanRED", 1);

else if(CheckWeapon("FireAxe"))
GiveActorInventory(id, "DeathDropper_FireAxe", 1);

else if(CheckWeapon("FlashlightZ"))
GiveActorInventory(id, "DeathDropper_FlashlightZ", 1);
}

function void wdi_dropplayerweapon_liveEX(int id)
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "IsDropping", 1);

if(CheckWeapon("BaseballBat"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "Slot1Filled", 1);
TakeActorInventory(id, "BaseballBat", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_BaseballBat", 1);
}
else if(CheckWeapon("SprayCanBLU"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "SprayCanBLU", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_SprayCanBLU", 1);
}

else if(CheckWeapon("SprayCanRED"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "SprayCanRED", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_SprayCanRED", 1);
}

else if(CheckWeapon("FireAxe"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "FireAxe", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_FireAxe", 1);
}
else if(CheckWeapon("FlashlightZ"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "FlashlightZ", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_FlashlightZ", 1);
}
}

function void wdi_dropplayerweapon_tkEX(int id)
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "IsDropping", 1);

if(CheckActorInventory(id, "BaseballBat"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "BaseballBat", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_BaseballBat", 1);
}

else if(CheckActorInventory(id, "SprayCanBLU"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "SprayCanBLU", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_SprayCanBLU", 1);
}

else if(CheckActorInventory(id, "SprayCanRED"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "SprayCanRED", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_SprayCanRED", 1);
}

else if(CheckActorInventory(id, "FireAxe"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "FireAxe", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_FireAxe", 1);
}

else if(CheckActorInventory(id, "FlashlightZ"))
{
TakeActorInventory(id, "FlashlightZ", 1);
GiveActorInventory(id, "Dropper_FlashlightZ", 1);
}

}

Script 667 (void)
{
WDI_DropPlayerWeapon_LiveEX(ActivatorTID());
}

Script 668 Death
{
WDI_DropPlayerWeaponEX(ActivatorTID());
}

script 755 OPEN
{
while(gameinfo[1] != GAMESTATE_GAMEOVER)
Delay(3);

for(int i = 0; i < 32; i++)
{
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "FireAxe", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "FlashlightZ", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "Soulcube", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "BaseballBat", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "SprayCanBLU", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "SprayCanRED", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "FistWithLighter", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "Cateyes", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "StealthCamouflage", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "GHOULSKILLEDME", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "POLICEGOTME", 999);
TakeActorInventory(TID_START+i, "IwillDie", 999);
}
}
Oh yeah, here is a fix that fixes all the fixes.
Last edited by Zeberpal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

woops
Last edited by Zeberpal on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 am

SPRITE A 0 A_JumpIfTargetInLOS (1, 180, JLOSF_TARGETLOS, 0, 0)
With that the slender man would act like a real slenderman when he walks :D
the bad news, it´s zdoom only =/
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 am

I joined a WDI server yesterday and saw this new EX map, the Eight Pages. While it is not a bad map, it has some problems. First of all, it is very linear. Those trees and grass look nice, but they take 90% of the map, making it confusing and boring. You should add obstacles other than those trees, like rocks, pits, or some more buildings. Also, the terrain is always the same flat thing, no slopes, no elevations or pits, it just makes it even more linear. It is easy to lose track of where you are on the map, and while that isn't necessarily bad, it still makes the map boring and repetitive.

The second thing to complain about is the murderer holes. Now, correct me if I'm wrong and missed something, but as I've seen, there are no restock or ambush murd holes at all, only teleport holes, which means the murd has no place to hide, and can't tell where he is going to end up when entering the hole. If the teleports teleport you too far, you could still get your head bashed in by the innocents if you are unlucky enough, and if it teleports you too close, the innocents can catch you again. It would be OK if you actually had some murd-only zones in the map. Also, there are too much of these teleport holes. Confusing for murd, confusing for players.

When I entered the map first and looked around, it looked quite familiar. It reminds me of Ghouls Forest. The textures are better than GF, but it is almost the same thing if you summon the Slenderman. It feels like a mash-up of the two. Slenderman isn't a very original idea anyway, we all have seen it a million times, along with the "BAM it gets you, 10000 HP damage" thing, the same thing we saw in Ghouls Forest. AI monsters aren't necessarily bad for WDI, as long as it is something original, and only seldom used. For example, the zombie outbreak on Marsis is not bad, for one thing those zombies can actually be killed, and it is hard to trigger, it is rarely seen. The ghoul summoner on Retorn '79* is basically the only thing I dislike about that map, because again, it's the same thing over and over again. It was very disappointing to see such a gorgeous and brilliant map feature something this unoriginal. Do secret AI monsters if you want, but PLEASE. No more instakilling, no more jump scare monsters, no more Slenderman, no more ghouls. We don't want something like Lightdunit to happen to WDI again.

In conclusion, the map is not bad, it feels nice to play in, but it is definitely not for WDI, especially not for a pack that brought us maps like Retorn '79.

As the final complaint, here are 2 screens of messed up textures.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

*Why was Retorn '79 renamed? The new title is just too long and excessive. Retorn '79 was a more original and straightforward title, basically a mix-up of "Torn" and "Return", to which the title is extended right now.
Last edited by Jigsaw on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sicamore
Forum Regular
Clan: Scientific DM Acad
Clan Tag: [SDA]

Post by Sicamore » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I was a bit surprised as well, to be honest.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:14 pm

ibm5155 wrote: the bad news, it´s zdoom only =/
Yeah, I think I'll leave community before it'll be backported, besides i'm pretty sure it will be buggy in MP.

Jigsaw, as a global defence I'd like to say it's not my map. I did all the scripting, layout and map idea is after Soyu. But yeah the fact that this map is in pack means i was looking forward to incude it. At least because she was the first person to contribute for EX.
We had an idea to make a dark, scary map, to repeat that feeling from BetaF4, when everyone was really scared of what's going on. This map is an experiment. I also found it interesting to have a map with a Slender concept.
It's sad to hear that you compare it with Lightdunit. It doesn't contain any of that bullshit alike. I can't delete this map now, you do understand it, as people unexpectedly like it alot. It's just a way to make it better.
Jigsaw wrote: You should add obstacles other than those trees, like rocks, pits, or some more buildings. Also, the terrain is always the same flat thing, no slopes, no elevations or pits, it just makes it even more linear. It is easy to lose track of where you are on the map, and while that isn't necessarily bad, it still makes the map boring and repetitive.
I agree. I also noticed even if I overincluded ammo and weapons, people have problems finding them. It'll be also quite a pain in the ass to make slopes and delinear map. DB2 is really unfriendly with working with one huge sector including tons of lines. It crashes or takes 5 minutes to create a sector inside that sector.
Jigsaw wrote: The second thing to complain about is the murderer holes. Now, correct me if I'm wrong and missed something, but as I've seen, there are no restock or ambush murd holes at all, only teleport holes, which means the murd has no place to hide, and can't tell where he is going to end up when entering the hole. If the teleports teleport you too far, you could still get your head bashed in by the innocents if you are unlucky enough, and if it teleports you too close, the innocents can catch you again. It would be OK if you actually had some murd-only zones in the map. Also, there are too much of these teleport holes. Confusing for murd, confusing for players.
The only possible way to make murdholes here is via 3d floors. We were afraid that3d floors would make players lag much more, besides there is no way to make that sector silent. As for bashing murd - he teleports at random points, just nearly the same place actually.
Jigsaw wrote: The ghoul summoner on Retorn '79* is basically the only thing I dislike about that map, because again, it's the same thing over and over again. It was very disappointing to see such a gorgeous and brilliant map feature something this unoriginal. Do secret AI monsters if you want, but PLEASE. No more instakilling, no more jump scare monsters, no more Slenderman, no more ghouls.
The fact is I made this map in honor of Conflagrated's Torn City ghouls, which delivered a lot of fun to me at the time. Ghouls invading the city is just a scenario prequel to tcgold.wad, I liked that idea. The fact is I never saw them summoning except me or Snow's running the script via rcon. So it's pretty much rare.
As for map's name change. Just wanted to make it clear for everyone that it's Torn City. Mapinfo is still holding it as Retorn.
And 2nd screen, idk. This texture works ok for everyone. EDIT: oh welp I have an idea how to fix it for you.
Last edited by Zeberpal on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm

I see your point but you are getting me wrong. First I've never said it's your map, I know it's not (only) yours. Don't take my review as an offense or hate, the map is not bad or anything, I just said it's not very fitting and has problems. I am not comparing it to Lightdunit, only raising awareness that this kind of content is basically like a 'meme' or something, which is the main point of Lightdunit. I am sorry if I sounded harsh in my review, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just expressing my honest opinion. The other 2 maps of the eX mappack are just brilliant, and when I saw a new map was added, I was expecting something similar to those in quality. I am kind of disappointed and surprised, that is all. And no, I do not want you to delete the map.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 pm

The bad about slenderman, I think it´s impocible to check if player is looking to he by acs.
if it´s pocible it could get the same end as the ghoul ravishing, a complex code to do it work on zandronum comparing to a code that is simple done for gzdoom xD
Last edited by ibm5155 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 am

Jigsaw wrote:this kind of content is basically like a 'meme' or something, which is the main point of Lightdunit.
no. just no. boy, you gon die.

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Monsoon wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:this kind of content is basically like a 'meme' or something, which is the main point of Lightdunit.
no. just no. boy, you gon die.
Eh... I have a right to my opinion. And yes, I'm gonna die, but I am sure my death won't be caused by raging teenagers on the internet who don't like what I say. So please don't even try to start a flame war between us. Kthxbai.

Sicamore
Forum Regular
Clan: Scientific DM Acad
Clan Tag: [SDA]

Post by Sicamore » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Last screeny there is nice :D

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Marsis causes huge fps drops for certain people. "Water" ending's 3d floors causes lags to be concrete. So a way to fix it is to get rid of that people's beloved ending at all. What do you think?
Image ImageImage

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:40 pm

oh yeah, i've liked this maps, specially the slender one :3

PREPPER

Post by PREPPER » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:58 am

I guess, the huge laggs can be reduced, if you delete or reduce "the wáter" or 3d floors ending's for a specific área, maybe closing some doors in an area.
you have the 3d floor over all the map causes problems without the use of the end. that's my opinión
Last edited by PREPPER on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:03 am

I think getting rid of water ending might be a good idea. This map already has one ending, so what's the point in adding more? instead, you could take them to some other maps, which would make them a bit more gameplay based instead of "find a gun, find a meds, hide"
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Okay, I finally managed to make a fix, however it's still not compatible with hats :wonk:
Link will appear in 1st post right after roman host it on server.
A little changelog:

*Fixed all the situations when player could be deadly stuck except for binoculaurs in Retorn.
*Murderer no longer loses marks in Retorn.
*Water ending replaced with Pandemonium ending. Marsis now lag less.
*Endings slightly easy to achieve, also fixed Police's impassible wall.
*You can now fire someone's beard with a Lighter.
*Soulcube is now dropable, which means in can be held as a weapon (have fun Prepper!)
*New secrets on both Marsis and Retorn.
*Replaced key spawns in Retorn. Now they spawn more closer to their direct safes.
*Many other small changes and as a bonus key fix on WDI03.

By the way, there is no S O Y U, it was my alias, so people would not bash me for shitty made Slender map.
Image ImageImage

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Zeberpal wrote: By the way, there is no S O Y U, it was my alias, so people would not bash me for shitty made Slender map.
:eek:

Show me your back. :P

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

RE: Extravagant Mappack for WDI

Post by Zeberpal » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Here is some photos from the GZDB laboratory.
I'll probaly need some volunteers for this WDI total conversion experiment some time soon.

Image ImageImage

Cruduxy
Zandrone

RE: Extravagant Mappack for WDI

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Wow scariest total conversion to date ;)
Last edited by Cruduxy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here