Zandronum Christmas Community Pack

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Luke
Forum Regular

RE: Zandronum Christmas Community Pack

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Don't worry sister, whatever you like will be fine! BFG9000 in map01? It's okay: it's christmas! :D
Just care about the ammo placement, so that we can give the players every weapon in map01 but no ammunition to use them! :)

edit: resource wad updated, I still have a lot to do, I wished to bring you the final plasmagun but I couldn't do it in one hour
Last edited by Luke on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blade

Post by Blade » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:37 am

I'd like to make some weapons, I can't make maps since I'm always frustrated with DoomBuilder. Also, I'd want a bit of humor, so I've been thinking the melee weapon should be an unwrapped crowbar.
Last edited by Blade on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:17 am

Half Life fan, isn't it? :)
What about a candycane?

However: there is a lot of work to do on other things, such as missing Demon sprites (if you compare them with the original you'll see that there are less sprites in the custom wad) so we need to add them and draw the christmas hat for all the missing sprites.
And more: find/make from a scratch christmas version of each sprite of these monsters: zombieman, shotgunner, chaingunner, hell knight, baron of hell, revenant, pain elemental, archvile and spider mastermind.
Another thing to do is to replace every Lost Soul's sprite with the same sprite with white flames, or better with iced flames, or well... you get it!
And again, to replace mancubus sprites with a version with a christmas hat on the mancubus head and a colder color of its hands, as well as to replace every mancubus fireball sprite with a whiter version, since they will have a white light in openGL.
Keep going on, to add snow on top of the invisibility sphere, soulsphere, berserker pack, automap, backpack.
Furthermore: would be nice to replace every chainsaw sprite with sprites where the blade is iced, and maybe to add a very light particle/sprite effect for the smoke produced. Optionally, an unwrapped crowbar or a candycane weapon could replace the chainsaw actor, as long as we make a very well balanced weapon: not too powerful nonetheless useless.

As for now, these are the most important things to do, listed in order of priority. Let me know what do you want to do, and if decide to proceed creating a new weapon... alright, but as you see it's a lot of work and this is the first time I work on the sprites so hardly, a hand would be a loved help. :)

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 pm

there are wads with resources for xmas, i don't remember well them (i played them when i was in zd) so if you find one or i do, ask the author if you can take there what you need, and soon will upload pics of my map :D
Last edited by katZune on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:43 pm

yeah we can use more of these...and we can then host a server with CMP with this.

RedShirt
Forum Regular

Post by RedShirt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 am

I am making a map and it will be super sexy and very homosexual!
We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread.
#swag

Tosen

Post by Tosen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 am

I too am making a map, as I have always dreamed of a nice white christmas.
SINE ME UP

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:52 am

Welcome aboard RedShirt and Tosen! :D
With you we doubled the team almost, and reached almost 1/4 of our objective.
Proceeding with the interesting stuff, I just updated the resource wad again (Mapper's Inbox is crying, I guarantee it), follow the details:

• Fixed various conflicts of few custom monsters with DooM2 sprites. Thanks to W1D3A55 whom found 2 out of 4 of those. Make it better.
  • Added the lump animdefs, thanks again to W1D3A55 who reminded me to do this.
  • Added 4 custom monsters featuring Santa Clause and Red Riding Hood.
  • Every item is now snow-covered.
  • DooM2 logo on top of the menu has been replaced with the official Zandronum Christmas Community Pack Logo (which will be updated with a perfectionated version as soon as possible)
  • Menu voices are now snow-covered.
  • DooM font is now snow-covered.
Everyone can get the wad HERE.
Download, enjoy, and join us! :)
Last edited by Luke on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ratty
New User

Post by Ratty » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:50 am

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index. ... emes/xmas/ <- I take it all of these wads have already been gone over for possible resources?
Last edited by Ratty on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 am

I have started a map. It starts in a house, preferably your house, and you have to go out to... well I don't know yet, lol. The point is, please carve my name to the "started maps" list :D:D It has some custom contents, but no new weapons, only decorations and maybe later some enemies.
Last edited by Jigsaw on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 am

@Ratty: Indeed! :)

@Jigsaw: If you want to send me the resource you've added I can merge them to the resource.wad and send it to everyone so that the others can use those resources; and if you will add enemies.... keep them as much Christmas-themed as possible, also I trust your common sense in terms of balance (IE: the Crackodemon, from Hard-DooM, it's way too much powerful, if not as boss). Talking about what I've done and what may or may not fit, the actor 30001 fits only because of its colors, while the actor 30003 is a step beyond the line; anyhow I added the 30003 because I played the wad from which I took it and where it looked fine combined with Santa Clause.

PS: You said you would like to collaborate Ratty.... Take a look to this topic, there's a nice DooMbuilder tutorial. You could kill two birds with one stone, helping us making a map and learning how to make your own maps. I'd be happy to receive day-by-day, or anytime you make progress, your map and test it to see if everything is fine and if there are any bugs, giving you suggestions to make it look better and reflect what you expect it to look like.

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:02 am

Luke wrote: @Jigsaw: If you want to send me the resource you've added I can merge them to the resource.wad and send it to everyone so that the others can use those resources; and if you will add enemies.... keep them as much Christmas-themed as possible, also I trust your common sense in terms of balance (IE: the Crackodemon, from Hard-DooM, it's way too much powerful, if not as boss). Talking about what I've done and what may or may not fit, the actor 30001 fits only because of its colors, while the actor 30003 is a step beyond the line; anyhow I added the 30003 because I played the wad from which I took it and where it looked fine combined with Santa Clause.
I'll send you my resources only when I'm fully done, because I'm adding stuff constantly. Sure, I will keep the enemies Xmas-like, but some imps for example are OK, arent they? Or I might just recolor them :D

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:05 am

Use the original doom monsters, I'm going to resprite each on of them.
The imps, the cybers, the nazists and the demon are Christmas-themed already: throw them in a room and check it out! ;)

edit: Here's a download link for a small (10Mb zipped) bunch of midis taken from various wad, so that you can choose a midi for your maps if you haven't found a chirstmas-themed song yet. If you choose a midi not included in this group make sure to tell me where you took it, so that I can give credits to the author(s).
Last edited by Luke on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade

Post by Blade » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 am

Alright, I'm thinking about a Coop/DM map called the "Trail of Lights". (Shout out to Austin'ites!) It'll be a big, colorful, open-ish park with presents everywhere, and some good combat.

Edit:
I've found our box art:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
:P
Last edited by Blade on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ratty
New User

Post by Ratty » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 am

Luke wrote: PS: You said you would like to collaborate Ratty.... Take a look to this topic, there's a nice DooMbuilder tutorial. You could kill two birds with one stone, helping us making a map and learning how to make your own maps. I'd be happy to receive day-by-day, or anytime you make progress, your map and test it to see if everything is fine and if there are any bugs, giving you suggestions to make it look better and reflect what you expect it to look like.
Ok, I made the first of three parts of a small-ish holiday map but I'm afraid it might have "author's first map" written all over it lol. It's not an ambitious map, but there are relatively elementary things I want to do that I'm not sure how to implement. Where would you like me to send the WAD for you to take a look at?

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 am

@Blade: decide what you want to do, if you will make a map tell me and I'll add you to the mappers list, if you want to make a custom weapon make it and show us a screenshot or the animation, if you want to help with the monster sprites tell me and I'll tell you what is left to do.

Also for everyone: I realized I can't make sprites for the monsters.. I'm missing something about spriting or it's just something that isn't for me. The best I could do are sprites as the cyber or the nazist. I'll see what I can do with this thing anyhow, at most I'll go Cyber/Nazi style. Opinions are welcome from everyone who tried the resource pack and even more from the mappers.

@Ratty: don't worry, I'll help you to make it look better. You can upload the wad to SpeedyShare or the file hosting service you like better, then send me a PM with the download link so we'll keep them on tenterhooks. ;)

Another little thing for everyone: I noticed I've to fix few item sprites as well as the logo over the menu, if you see any illegible character tell me and I'll try to fix it.

(666)SoulHarvester
New User

Post by (666)SoulHarvester » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 am

hopefully this is pretty good. because christmas isn't too far away. i am ready to o for another recording Christmas Special for everyone here at Zandronum

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:13 pm

I'll make this my update post:

some pics:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

It's gonna be a kinda snowy base, at Christmas time :)

Blade

Post by Blade » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:26 am

Working on a freeze gun, hopefully it'll be up and ready by Wednesday.

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 am

Hey lads, I might make a map for this.

Is it alright if it plays abit like drown in blood or HR2?