KF Nov.16-Updated to 1.01

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
thevarian

Clan: Hidden Hotdogs
Clan Tag: HH

KF Nov.16-Updated to 1.01

Post by thevarian » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Edit:2012/11/16 Added patch1.01,2 optional music wads,and dmflags suggestions

In the year 30XX humanity has conquered hell and now exploit the beaten hellspawn for sport.
In a tournament called "KF"...Cue you and some of your buddies to get the #1 spot.
GOOD LUCK, YOU'LL NEED IT!

KF contains a set of 5 maps with cooperative play in mind.Jumping and crouching are also to be enabled.Weapons fire slightly faster,switch faster,and can be switch canceled to a different weapon right after the firing frames to keep the bullets blazing(bfg can not be switch canceled). For any speedrunners out there intermission tracks time into milliseconds and the amount of steps you taken.Thats pretty much the basics I leave rest up to you.

Files required to play
KF.wad
Patch 1.01, load after KF.wad

Code: Select all

2012/11/16 - 1.01 Release
-description for each skill level on menu
-additional playerstarts across all maps,10 of them!
-add -NOTELEPORT to grenade
-fixed the decorate for plasma rifle
-Spawn states for all weapons are bright
-Tweaks/fixes to MAP01,MAP02,MAP03,MAP04,MAP05,and MAP06
-KF_OST updated

2012/11/11 - 1.0 Release
-Initial
I suggest sticking your soundtrack of preference in your skins folder
HD Music 46MB
Economy Music 7MB

Economy Soundtrack
1-Mario Circuit, Super Mario Kart
2-Blizzard Buffalo, Megaman X 3
3-Neon Night Riders, TMNT Turtles in Time
4-Jago's Temple, Killer Instinct
5-Empire's Carrier, Panzer Dragoon Zwei
6-End of Time, Chrono Trigger
1+-High Score, Green Lantern (Snes)
2+-Lava Pit,Ys 3
3+-Hero of Turrican, Super Turrican
4+-Flight of the Zinger,Donkey Kong Country 2

HD Soundtrack
1-Stage 4, Battletoads Arcade
2-Unknown Track 2, Flintstones The Movie
3-"Installation Theme" Remix , Crusader:No Regret
4-P.E.T.R.O.L., Wipeout
5-The Unexpected Enemy, Panzer Dragoon Zwei
6-End of Time, Chrono Trigger
1+-High Score, Green Lantern (Snes)
2+-Lava Pit,Ys 3
3+-Hero of Turrican, Super Turrican
4+-Palace, Ys I

DMFLAGS:1611137028
DMFLAGS2:134218752
DMFLAGS3:16
COMPATFLAGS:655428

Due to the inclusion of higher jump "limited movement in air" must be enabled or it ruins the gameplay,please don't forget!"Plasma bump bug" must also be disabled.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
Spoiler: Credits (Open)
Old KF originally created by Roaketes.
Many thanks to:Whiteboy, Rottking, Deww, Joshsmith, Mikehail, Kandy_kid, Chaindude, Cha0tix, Daniel Gimmer, David Gevert, Esselfortium, Fran Oisx Delmotte, Huy Pham, Nick Baker, Psyren, Raven Software, Sam Woodman

Textures and flats: A few from Deus Vult 2, and a good majority from http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml.

Sprites: Failure, Smash Bros. Leaf, Hexen. Ego Orb, EarthBound. Boulder, Rise of Triad. Dance Marine, Turbo Arcade. Suicide Bomber, Pyrodemon, Defiler, Realm 667.

Sounds: Announcer, RottKing. Miscellaneous, Quake1. Pickup,yes!, Rise of Triad. Taunt, MK3. secret!, Skull Monkeys. sfx, Po'e.d. sfx, Sonic2. sfx, mario.

Music: QSound intro,Killer Instinct,Final Fantasy Mystic Quest,Battletoads,Green Lantern(Snes),Flinstones(Snes),Crusader-No Regret,Star Control 2,Wipeout,Ys,Panzer Dragoon 2,Sonic 2,Chrono Trigger,Donkey Kong Country 2,Mortal Kombat 3,Mario Kart,Joshsmith

Hopefully everything has been accounted for,apologies if I miss anything or someone.
Last edited by thevarian on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

werewindle

RE: KF

Post by werewindle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 pm

FINALLY!

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 am

Holy crap, this is amazing...

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 am

this post needed this:
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

anyway this sounds cool, maybe i'll give it a try later :D

thevarian

Clan: Hidden Hotdogs
Clan Tag: HH

RE: KF Nov.16-Updated to 1.01

Post by thevarian » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Yoyo got a new update to unleash:Patch 1.01

Some Major things this patch fixes are monster placement in map03,and removed barrels in map05 as they tend to screw up the terrain during the wave transitions.Check first post for more on what this patch did.

In addition to that I updated the music pk3 theres an economy version thats also available which is 14% the size.Stick your preference into your skins folder so you can jam out online.(If the server doesn't enforce one on you)

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Holy crap, I do enjoy this mod.

It's like a Skulltag take on Coopbuildlm with a DBZone jumping mechanic twist. Which is just awesome in my book, after all coopbuildlm was what I was addicted to during my first year in ZDaemon.

I love how you don't fill your wad with useless crap, such as new weapons, tons of different monsters that have tons of other abilities that up the difficulty to nearly impossible, sure there are some palette swaps but they stay simple and true to the classic Doom feel. I particularly favor the pistol's alternate fire, when I saw the two ammo counters I thought "oh geez it's gonna be one of those where every gun has to have some stupid alt fire thats out of place and just dumb" but no, instead I called the pistol the "Ah fuck it" gun! Mainly because when I ran into a obstacle such as a cyberdemon or spider mastermind I didn't want to spend the time to kill it so instead I say to myself "Ah fuck it" pull out the pistol and alt fire straight into said demon and happily move along my merry way. I love the deathmatch like kill announces, it actually gave me motivation to stay alive and see just how far and ridiculous the titles can become and I enjoy that mechanic very much, the only satisfaction was my curiosity fulfilled not some silly leveling system to tell me I've now become overpowered and can dominate any monster.

3D architecture? Score. Large open areas with actual appeasing scenery? Pretty godly. Simple enough detailing where traversing was a breeze and enjoyable because the new jumping just made me wanna see what weird combat scenarios I can perform with the loving addition of railgun alt to plasma rifle and the grenade launcher to the Rocket launcher. Hell I can finally say for the longest this wad is one of the very few where I didn't just shut down Doom after dying from boredom, I didn't care because I can just jump my way back and possibly backtrack through some areas I may have missed.

Over all I loved this wad, the retro style mixed with some minor and welcomed changes made my playthrough pretty satisfying. I hope this picks up, better than most mods I've seen around, then again thats just me.
Last edited by Shane on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joshsmith
New User

Post by Joshsmith » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 am

WARNING TOTALLY UNAUTHORIZED!

KFDM, a totally unauthorized, borderline illegal unoffical deathmatch pack is said to be underway... Have you been practicing your shotgun cancels?
Spoiler: pics (Open)

Joshsmith
New User

Post by Joshsmith » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 am

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Map02 - ON THE GRID: Cyber frenzy! Datajack your way into the matrix and navigate through its virtual terrain using your Kill Frenzy avatar, completely equipped with all normal abilities!
Spoiler: pictures (Open)
Last edited by Joshsmith on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.