WhoDunIt - Finally Released!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Theshooter7
Forum Regular

RE: Who Dun It: #MOLO

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Jigsaw wrote: I found a bug on Confinement which needs quick fixing.

Confinement has several new murdholes, and one of them (which leads into a tall corridor) has a bugged door. On one side you fall down, and the other door won't open so you are stuck in dead end. I had to RQ :(
This has already been mentioned and I have already fixed it.

Know what else I managed to fix? See for yourself.
Also fixed the double body bug when you killed someone

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:
Jigsaw wrote: I found a bug on Confinement which needs quick fixing.

Confinement has several new murdholes, and one of them (which leads into a tall corridor) has a bugged door. On one side you fall down, and the other door won't open so you are stuck in dead end. I had to RQ :(
This has already been mentioned and I have already fixed it.

Know what else I managed to fix? See for yourself.
Also fixed the double body bug when you killed someone
Oops, I didn't notice that it was reported.
What's wrong with the pictures you linked?

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Nothing; it's what is working that is in the picture.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Alright, everything code-wise has been completed on my Todo list. All that is left is map work.

So, here is the full changelog thus far. Enjoy. :smile:
  • Changed the Ammo spawners to spawn shotgun shells more likely than pistol clips. Shells now spawn 60% of the time and clips 40%
  • Modified the drop weapon command so that it stops dropping the weapon when you release the button; the prevents issues with pressing the button, and changing or picking up a weapon and suddenly dropping it.
  • Increased the attack range of the Pool Cue to give it some additional edge in melee (64/72 -> 80/88)
  • Nerfed the pool cue's damage; testing proved it was too powerful with the increased reach (4/6 -> 3/4/3 for a max damage of 28/swing)
  • Fixed: In the event the level restarts (because of survival mode conditions), the tally board will disappear much quicker.
  • Fixed: Players will no longer get kicked for changing their color too rapidly
  • The Chainsaw now stays on/off when you switch weapons
  • Fixed: You could carry twice as many shotgun shells as you should have (players were somehow given a backpack, which let them carry 24 instead of 12 as intended)
  • Fixed: Crossbow bolts can now be dropped
  • Added some $limit entries to the SNDINFO for swinging sounds and the like
  • Added sounds for hitting the player and hitting a wall with the pool cue
  • Increased the time it takes for the stun effect to wear off, making the stun effect much more effective than before
  • Increased the chance of the KeySpawner to actually spawn the Bar Key (128 -> 176)
  • Flares will emit small puffs of smoke when they are down to 5 seconds of light
  • Flares now last a bit longer (700 -> 900)
  • The M1 Carbine now jams a bit less often
  • The M1 Carbine no longer loses a bullet when jamming
  • Added touched up/new sprites by Mooseknuckle (Thanks!)
  • Increased the maximum amount of slowdown you can have from the stun effect (3 -> 5)
  • Reduced maximum carryable M1 Ammo, in return the minimum M1 ammo has been increased a bit (3 -> 1)
  • Killing rats as the murderer now gives a tiny bit of sanity
  • Fake Stim traps no longer make any noise when deployed (makes them a bit more useful)
  • Fake Stim gas now deploys much quicker, making it a bit deadlier
  • Fake Stims can now take a tiny bit more of a beating before being destroyed (but not much)
  • Fake Stims no longer bleed when hit
  • Fixed: players now only receive 1 flare each map
  • The stun effect now reduces your speed a bit more (25% -> 30%)
  • Fixed: Some of the machinery on WDI05 was still impassible
  • Bertholite is a bit more damaging now (it deals damage every 18 tics instead of every 35)
  • Bertholite was given some flags to make it cover an area more
  • Bertholite clouds' physical size has been reduced
  • WDI04: Fixed a bad murderer door in the basement cells that could not be opened from the inside
  • WDI04: Added a murderer hall that leads out of the security room. This allows the murderer to escape this dead-end room
  • WDI04: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in the security room
  • WDI04: Added several random spawn positions for the Shotgun; it has a gurantee spawn at one of the points
  • WDI02: Replaced the Crossbow with a shovel
  • WDI02: Removed some bad floor tags
  • WDI02: Added a path between the upper balcony (formerly a dead end) in the main hall and the back cellar
  • WDI02: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in one of the lounge rooms (replacing the random spawner)
  • WDI02: Added an extra bertholite bottle and 2 extra fake stims to the murderer's restock room
  • Added two additional songs to the Finale Music
  • Increased D_FATE easter egg song chance slightly (1% -> 2%)
  • Merged the Classic gamemode code into the main pk3; WDI is now just one pk3 for the core contents
  • Updated WDI03 with Zeberpal's latest changes
  • Fixed an exploit on WDI06 involving the basement door; it now stays open once opened
  • Tiny increase to the Pipe's attack speed on combo attacks
  • The chainsaw's fuel drain rate while attacking has been doubled
  • SBARINFO: doubled the speed the health interpolates, making it so your actual health value is displayed a bit faster
  • Fixed: D_FATE easter egg was broken; the sound file was in the wrong place in the pk3 (oops)
  • Changed the TK system a tiny bit: 3 TK's now result in being instantly killed
  • Added an official new weapon: The Brick! Pick one up, and throw it at your target. If it hits, it'll deal 30 damage and stun them for a good while. Pick it back up afterwards.
  • Fixed: Shotguntraps could be knocked around with damage
  • Fixed: The shovel didn't have a pickup message
  • Fixed offsets for several beretta effects (such as the smoke and casings)
  • Added the Carbine Marine skins from MarineSkinsv7 for the M1 (replacing the rather out-of-place Sniper Rifle skin)
  • Added a CONFONT replacement originally made by Zeberpal
  • Fake stimpack's sprites were adjusted to be less noticeable
  • Removed the obituary message from the Shotgun Traps
  • The Murderer now does additional damage with the Chainsaw in his hands, more than he did before (the knife is still better all around but now the chainsaw does more raw damage)
  • Fixed a bug related to the slowdown script
  • Equipping the Chainsaw now reduces your speed by 5%
  • Halved the max amount of Chainsaw fuel the player can have, but in return increased the minimum amount of fuel obtained when picking it up (1000 -> 500)
  • Fixed: The console log message would not properly show the name of whoever killed the murderer
  • Fixed: On-screen bloodsplatters were not working properly, they now draw each time you are hit and remove previous splatters to prevent clogging up the screen too much
  • Added another official weapon: The Molotov! Equip it and it must be lit (similar to how the Chainsaw must be revved), toss it to create a patch of fire on impact. If you die holding it, it'll burst next to your body!
  • Fixed: You can no longer take damage from bertholite poison at the end of a round
  • Fixed some problems with Murderer nerfs/innocent buffs and FF damage
  • Buffed Wrench damage a little bit (20/25/27 -> 25/25/30)
  • Made some major tweaks to the Knife backstab script; it should now be much less finnicky and work more often
  • Added sv_disallowsuicide to the autoconfig script (forcing it to true)
  • Fixed Crossbow ammo exploit
  • Health regen now only begins to take effect 6 seconds after the last time you received damage. In return, health regen is now slightly faster.
  • Fixed issues involving survival conditions where the murderer could die (for example, by Bertholite before the round ended) during the tally board and break the game a bit
  • Fixed some potential miscounts regarding murderer kills when a new murderer is selected if the old one leaves (particular variables were not reset and inventory items related to kills were never removed)
  • Increased the range of activation for the Sound Emitters. This should buff their usage and no longer practically require you to place them in someone's path to work
  • Sound Emitters now play the knife draw and knife hit sounds more often.
  • Sound Emitters no longer make the item drop sound when deployed; they still make their electronic activation noise, however
  • Added Minigunner's Beretta sprite and animation edits. Thanks!
  • Added bullethole decals for the guns
  • Renamed wdi_allow_autoconfig CVAR to wdi_disable_autoconfig in order to fix some issues with it
  • Removed some relic DECORATE entries
  • TK Halos now work as intended since the start (using a trick to pull it off)
  • Fixed: TK Penalties would not take effect for the second and/or third TK if the TKer's health never dipped below 20 (fulfilling the "beating" requirement)
  • Fixed: Innocent Players will now be penalized if they kill a first-offense TKer
  • Increased the amount of health needed to be considered to have gotten a "beating", thus removing the yellow halo (20 -> 30)
  • Did some cleanup and improvements to the Sound Emitter behavior to make it less dodgey and more consistent
  • Upped the immediate damage received from a fake stimpack when picking it up by a slight amount (15 -> 20)
  • Fixed: players would not properly drop their currently held weapon on death if they were too close to a wall or another actor
  • Score penalties for Smoke Bombs and Sound Emitters have been reduced; they now subtract 1 point for every 2 used (giving 1 free use at the start)
  • Increased the amount of sanity received when harming players and when taking damage as the murderer by a little
  • Health and Sanity are now properly recorded BEFORE applying the bonuses received for killing the last player
  • Changed: Murderer items now respawn in much less time than before to allow him to restock more often if needed. This should allow the murderer to take on tough situations more readily. The times are as follows:
    • Bertholite: 1m 15s
    • Smoke Bomb: 45s
    • Sound Emitter: 45s
    • Fake Stimpack: 50s
    • Trip Shotgun: 1m

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Dayum that's a lotta changes.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Finally no more thousand bolts lying around the map.. wrench once again useful!
Edit : Is there any chance you'll stop the mouse wheel from pulling up the knife.. because whenever I use it to show I have shotgun and attract people to their death trap I suddenly see myself holding a knife!
Last edited by Cruduxy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Cruduxy wrote: Finally no more thousand bolts lying around the map.. wrench once again useful!
Edit : Is there any chance you'll stop the mouse wheel from pulling up the knife.. because whenever I use it to show I have shotgun and attract people to their death trap I suddenly see myself holding a knife!
I can do that easily, but I don't know if others would like that or not.

TheMisterCat

Post by TheMisterCat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:27 am

shooter, it would definitely stop the whole 'weapon check' thing that some players do
btw I am making another map
Last edited by TheMisterCat on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 am

Looks pretty interesting so far.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:48 am

If you know TMC, you know he delivers. And it looks like he is deliverin'. (Looking good thus far)

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am

oh dat TheMisterCat, know how to impress.
Image ImageImage

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm

You should hear the reverb too.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Theshooter7, is there any deadline regarding the WIP maps? Someone on WDI mentioned this. How much time is left and what do we lose if we don't make it in time?

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Jigsaw wrote: Theshooter7, is there any deadline regarding the WIP maps? Someone on WDI mentioned this. How much time is left and what do we lose if we don't make it in time?
I was going to post about that once I finished patching exploits on all the current maps (I'm about half done).

I'm thinking the official due date for maps will be: July 25th
Any maps not submitted by that time will not be included in the official stock mapset when I submit to /idgames. If you need an extension on your map (by, say, a couple days for whatever reason) just let me know ahead of time.

So get workin'.
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I just died in wdi10 during the safety time, someone killed me in one hit, I don't know how.

edit: ok I figured out what was it: a telefrag.
Last edited by Luke on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Ok, just played WDI10 online, and hey Capt, this is definetely excellent map, I personally liked it more than your previous. It's good looking, good playing, not big, not small, great. Allthough the fact you used marsis textures and flashlight can provide some difficulties to get into main wdi pack. Awaiting for Theshooter's reply on it. Also don't forget to include that script i sent you before to remove Flashlight, players still keep them in next maps.
Image ImageImage

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:30 pm

I'd strongly prefer it if he didn't add any new weapons (especially a utility weapon like the flashlight; we have flares, there isn't much of a reason for the flashlight in official maps other than as a gimmick. And, easter eggs aside, I generally dislike gimmicks).

However, a sparse usage of textures is okay, as long as he ripped them into the package so I can just add them in when adding his map. I don't want to sift through Doom Builder and look for missing textures to add. As long as the extra textures he ripped don't add up to over a megabyte or two, I can manage.

Although I still strongly discourage the use of unofficial map resources and my reasoning for that is very clear: the core WDI package must be able to run on its own. It would be annoying for someone (for example, the /idgames reviewer) to load up the mod and look around and find missing textures all over. I'm sure it'd be even more annoying for them to find out they must download another 40mb map just to play the stock maps.
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 am

I have a little problem... I have a table saw in my map, and i want it to work by adding an invisible, invincible "Marine Chainsaw". The problem is, that I suck bigtime at decorate, and for some odd reason it only works in offline mode... How can this be circumvented, or how can i make a constantly firing chainsaw thing that works?
Also, i have a script (script 1 open) which should be immediately deactivating some dynamic lights which could be re-activated later.. But it's not working! Again, only in offline... What should i do??
Last edited by Jigsaw on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 am

For the table saw, shouldn't you just use a line trigger? You can set the line ID and use a script (assuming the saw can be turned on/off) and toggle whether the saw should damage the activator or not. Wouldn't that be much simpler?

As for the dynamic lights, someone else will have to answer that cuz I don't have a lot of knowledge on dynamic light work, though IIRC you cannot use the built-in dynamic lights as they are not switchable, which is why Conflag implemented some custom dynamic lights, as those could be switched on/off.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:46 am

Sorry for yet another double post...

I've completed my patching run through all the current maps. The changes that have incurred since my last patch list are detailed below, most of which are map-related changes.
  • Patched up ALL possible exploits on EVERY single map to date
  • Reduced the physical height of trees to make it so they still have some height but are not impossibly high for the murd to catch you on
  • Removed the murderknife from the KEYCONF; you must now implicitly press the "use knife" key (in Customize Controls) to equip it as the murderer
  • All Maps: Tweaked key spawning scripts on all maps containing keys; they now spawn 32 keys in the same spot to allow ALL players the chance to obtain a key (in the event it was a scripted spawn; placed key spawners behave like co-op keys as normal)
  • All Maps: Added brick and molotov weapons to each map in various amounts and locations
  • All Maps: Created instant-kill lines behind murderer doors; if an innocent manages to slip in, the others will never see him again...
  • WDI01: Fixed some script issues related to the windows (may have been the cause of the crashes, though I still wager it's a SkullTag bug too)
  • WDI01: Fixed an out-of-place ceiling piece that was raised too high (revealing a missing texture)
  • WDI02: Removed vines on the back of the pillars with the Vile Statues
  • WDI03: Made the water brighter
  • WDI03: Made the blocking lines near the water block everything to prevent people from tossing items into the water
  • WDI03: Added a damage effect to the stone wall which must be stacked over for the easter egg; don't stay up there too long!
  • WDI03: Made the teleport for the Easter Egg a line action so that people can't get trapped back there
  • WDI03: Lowered the clock on the train platform
  • WDI04: Added some more detailing to the hub tunnel to better distinguish which direction you are heading
  • WDI04: Redid the room leading up to the grating platform; it is now just a simple, twisting staircase
  • WDI04: Tweaked the shotgun spawn a bit; it now has a chance to spawn in one of the basement cells, too
  • WDI04: Reduced amount of ammo that can be found on the map
  • WDI04: Added some extra melee spawners around the locale
  • WDI04: Added additional dynamic lights to various areas
  • WDI05: Reduced the height of the shelving support bars in the storage room. This should make it much easier to navigate the tops of the shelves
  • WDI05: Moved the M1 to another, more difficult to reach location. This helps spread the weapons out a bit instead of all of them being bunched up by the bar wing (in the M1's place is a melee spawner)
  • WDI05: Added an extra pool cue, and changed the ones by the rack to the standing version
  • WDI06: Reduced global brightness by 8