WhoDunIt - Finally Released!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Minigunner

RE: Who Dun It 3: The Revenge of Who Dun It

Post by Minigunner » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:59 pm

If anything, Chat sprite and Lag sprite should be the same: "..."
More confusion over why that guy is standing still instead of if that person is talking or not.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I agree with the changelog. As for the chat sprite, I am indifferent, though it would confuse everyone if it was removed.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Spoiler: Well Well Well.... (Open)
:smile:

Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 pm

WOW one guy in the ZDoom Wars server? That is a pretty big deal!
[quote="wildweasel"]I really don't think that Doom is the proper platform to be questioning the legitimacy of Christianity.[/quote]

Captain Ventris Presents - My Tumblr, wherein I ramble about things and stuff.

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Post by Jigsaw » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 am

Theshooter7 wrote:
Spoiler: Well Well Well.... (Open)
:smile:
That match was fun :) I played as Brazzers for the lulz.
Btw my map is still in progress, i will send some screenies, so stay tuned :D

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

That's cool! I clearly remember it had full server sometime in 2010.
Image ImageImage

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 pm

oh, hey

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 am

Changelog so far (no spoiler this time cuz you guys never seem to read/comment on it when I do that)
  • Changed the Ammo spawners to spawn shotgun shells more likely than pistol clips. Shells now spawn 60% of the time and clips 40%
  • Modified the drop weapon command so that it stops dropping the weapon when you release the button; the prevents issues with pressing the button, and changing or picking up a weapon and suddenly dropping it.
  • Increased the attack range of the Pool Cue to give it some additional edge in melee (64/72 -> 80/88)
  • Nerfed the pool cue's damage; testing proved it was too powerful with the increased reach (4/6 -> 3/4/3 for a max damage of 28/swing)
  • Fixed: In the event the level restarts (because of survival mode conditions), the tally board will disappear much quicker.
  • Fixed: Players will no longer get kicked for changing their color too rapidly
  • The Chainsaw now stays on/off when you switch weapons
  • Fixed: You could carry twice as many shotgun shells as you should have (players were somehow given a backpack, which let them carry 24 instead of 12 as intended)
  • Fixed: Crossbow bolts can now be dropped
  • Added some $limit entries to the SNDINFO for swinging sounds and the like
  • Added sounds for hitting the player and hitting a wall with the pool cue
  • Increased the time it takes for the stun effect to wear off, making the stun effect much more effective than before
  • Increased the chance of the KeySpawner to actually spawn the Bar Key (128 -> 176)
  • Flares will emit small puffs of smoke when they are down to 5 seconds of light
  • Flares now last a bit longer (700 -> 900)
  • The M1 Carbine now jams a bit less often
  • The M1 Carbine no longer loses a bullet when jamming
  • Added touched up/new sprites by Mooseknuckle (Thanks!)
  • Increased the maximum amount of slowdown you can have from the stun effect (3 -> 5)
  • Reduced maximum carryable M1 Ammo (3 -> 2)
  • Killing rats as the murderer now gives a tiny bit of sanity
  • Fake Stim traps no longer make any noise when deployed (makes them a bit more useful)
  • Fake Stim gas now deploys much quicker, making it a bit deadlier
  • Fake Stims can now take a tiny bit more of a beating before being destroyed (but not much)
  • Fake Stims no longer bleed when hit
  • Fixed: players now only receive 1 flare each map
  • The stun effect now reduces your speed a bit more (25% -> 30%)
  • Fixed: Some of the machinery on WDI05 was still impassible
  • Bertholite is a bit more damaging now (it deals damage every 18 tics instead of every 35)
  • Bertholite was given some flags to make it cover an area more
  • Bertholite clouds' physical size has been reduced
  • WDI04: Added a murderer hall that leads out of the security room. This allows the murderer to escape this dead-end room
  • WDI04: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in the security room
  • WDI04: Added several random spawn positions for the Shotgun; it has a gurantee spawn at one of the points
  • WDI02: Replaced the Crossbow with a shovel
  • WDI02: Removed some bad floor tags
  • WDI02: Added a path between the upper balcony (formerly a dead end) in the main hall and the back cellar
  • WDI02: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in one of the lounge rooms (replacing the random spawner)
  • WDI02: Added an extra bertholite bottle and 2 extra fake stims to the murderer's restock room
  • Added two additional songs to the Finale Music
  • Increased D_FATE easter egg song chance slightly (1% -> 2%)
  • Merged the Classic gamemode code into the main pk3; WDI is now just one pk3 for the core contents
  • Updated WDI03 with Zeberpal's latest changes
  • Fixed an exploit on WDI06 involving the basement door; it now stays open once opened
  • Tiny increase to the Pipe's attack speed on combo attacks
  • The chainsaw's fuel drain rate while attacking has been doubled
  • SBARINFO: doubled the speed the health interpolates, making it so your actual health value is displayed a bit faster
  • Changed: Murderer items now respawn in 45 seconds to allow him to restock more often if needed. This should allow the murderer to take on tough situations more readily
  • Fixed: D_FATE easter egg was broken; the sound file was in the wrong place in the pk3 (oops)
  • Changed the TK system a tiny bit: 3 TK's now result in being instantly killed
  • Added an official new weapon: The Brick! Pick one up, and throw it at your target. If it hits, it'll deal 30 damage and stun them for a good while. Pick it back up afterwards.
  • TK halos have been replaced with a powerup-effect. While it'll give them (albeit distorted) full-bright vision in darkness, it will highlight them like the halos were intended to
  • Fixed: Shotguntraps could be knocked around with damage
  • Fixed: The shovel didn't have a pickup message
  • Added Minigunner's idle Beretta sprite edits.
  • Fixed offsets for several beretta effects (such as the smoke and casings)
  • Added the Carbine Marine skins from MarineSkinsv7 for the M1 (replacing the rather out-of-place Sniper Rifle skin)
  • Added a CONFONT replacement originally made by Zeberpal
  • Fake stimpack's sprites were adjusted to be less noticeable
  • Removed the obituary message from the Shotgun Traps
  • The Murderer now does additional damage with the Chainsaw in his hands, more than he did before (the knife is still better all around but now the chainsaw does more raw damage)
  • Fixed a bug related to the slowdown script
  • Equipping the Chainsaw now reduces your speed by 5%
  • Halved the max amount of Chainsaw fuel the player can have, but in return increased the minimum amount of fuel obtained when picking it up (1000 -> 500)
  • Fixed: The console log message would not properly show the name of whoever killed the murderer
  • Fixed: On-screen bloodsplatters were not working properly, they now draw each time you are hit and remove previous splatters to prevent clogging up the screen too much
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

I reviewed the changelog a bit and all seems fine. Nice job on the balancing in the opinion. However, I have an issue with the brick, can't you just stun, pick it up while the murd is still stunned and keep doing that until he runs out of health? That would be cheap.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

That would be brickrape. Althouh i think TS7 reffered to cue stun. I liked that rat sanity thing, epic changelog.
Image ImageImage

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Did you guys fixed the glitch that allowed you to go outside in Capt.J3's map ?
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Killer2 wrote: I reviewed the changelog a bit and all seems fine. Nice job on the balancing in the opinion. However, I have an issue with the brick, can't you just stun, pick it up while the murd is still stunned and keep doing that until he runs out of health? That would be cheap.
You bring up a good point, but the murd could easily pick up the brick himself after it lands. Also, with the knife out the stun isn't as bad against him and at only 30 damage a hit (which extremely weak considering you have to pick it up and then hurl it again, assuming you even hit the murd) it's basically a support weapon like the pool cue. (and yes the stun affect I meant like the pool cue stun where it slows you down)

@Ivan: I plan to sit down one or two whole days and patch every single possible exploit in every map. It'll take some time, but I have no other choice as people are learning to stack extremely fast to get to exploit spots.

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:30 pm

I think that in Marsis, going through the teleporter should give the murderer about as much sanity as killing a rat. Same goes with standing in the hellish meat puddles (which should do half-damage to murderer), but just enough to stop the sanity drain (though that would be noticeable by the innocents).

As for Confinement, there should be some dim dynamic lighting to make the lighting not look so flat when compared to the other dynlight-heavy maps.
Also yay, new Beretta sprites. (I know, from me)
Last edited by Minigunner on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Some day i was playing who dun it and h***y d*** all the time some flooder was calling change map(thanks today for granvoid for kick or ban he), and when i got murd and rest two innocents voted yes for save the guys >.<...

The glitch is near to two little houses with a box, you go up to a slope and have only one place that doesn´t have the impassable tag (if you want i can take a picture from the place or type what line it´s).

Also the same map if you´re good in jump maze you can stay on a safe place xD (i discovered that place a long time with another guy that was in the same place)
You can block it or not, but it´s too hard for someone went there, I lost 5 minutes trying to be there, i miss 2 medkits because of the height you have 4-7 damage...

EDIT: just one type, on doom 3 map, you can be stucked if you type on pda or other kind of stuff and change the camera fast ( i think this can be only desactived typing in the same place, but if you are not on that direction, you got stucked)

EDITED mensage: i found some stupid errors, thanks revilution for advice me =D
Last edited by ibm5155 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:
Killer2 wrote: I reviewed the changelog a bit and all seems fine. Nice job on the balancing in the opinion. However, I have an issue with the brick, can't you just stun, pick it up while the murd is still stunned and keep doing that until he runs out of health? That would be cheap.
You bring up a good point, but the murd could easily pick up the brick himself after it lands. Also, with the knife out the stun isn't as bad against him and at only 30 damage a hit (which extremely weak considering you have to pick it up and then hurl it again, assuming you even hit the murd) it's basically a support weapon like the pool cue. (and yes the stun affect I meant like the pool cue stun where it slows you down)

@Ivan: I plan to sit down one or two whole days and patch every single possible exploit in every map. It'll take some time, but I have no other choice as people are learning to stack extremely fast to get to exploit spots.
Aside from being a support weapon, it's also useful to throw back at the murderer while running away. It also isn't possible to pick up immediately after it hits something, because it bounces around and has to settle before it's ready to pick up again.

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Mooseknuckle wrote:
Theshooter7 wrote: You bring up a good point, but the murd could easily pick up the brick himself after it lands. Also, with the knife out the stun isn't as bad against him and at only 30 damage a hit (which extremely weak considering you have to pick it up and then hurl it again, assuming you even hit the murd) it's basically a support weapon like the pool cue. (and yes the stun affect I meant like the pool cue stun where it slows you down)
Aside from being a support weapon, it's also useful to throw back at the murderer while running away. It also isn't possible to pick up immediately after it hits something, because it bounces around and has to settle before it's ready to pick up again.
Now that I got these clarifications, it seems balanced, and a nice addition to WDI. Good job.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Very nice changes so far, I'm looking forward to this.
Theshooter7 wrote:
  • Fixed: Players will no longer get kicked for changing their color too rapidly
How's that possible?

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Synert wrote:How's that possible?
It was actually my fault: I changed the KEYCONF alias and it in turn allowed players to rapidly change their color really fast which caused them to be kicked. I have added several things to fix this.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Ah, I thought you meant you'd actually stopped the server kicking people for it somehow. :razz:

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Alright everyone, the new resource has been sent out. If you did not receive a PM about it and you are making a map for this project, please send me a PM so I can give you the download link.

To everyone else:
I'm contemplating some small gameplay changes involving the melee system. In a sense, I can remove the "lockon" effect that happens when you melee someone (by using short-range railguns instead of melee attacks). Nothing else about melee attacks would change but you'll no longer automatically turn to face your target when you hit them. The rail attack will also mean you can take full advantage of your opponents hitbox and actually him them on the sides and such instead of having to aim for their center.

I was thinking of implementing this for just some weapons though. In particular, the Pipe and Wrench, since they only strike with one attack frame and would benefit most from this. The Shovel, Pool Cue, and Knife have multiple attack frames and work well enough with them at current. What are your thoughts on changing the melee system in this manner?

Also: hot stuff
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.