Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Thetis

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7B (Is Actually Here)

Post by Thetis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm

After a hiatus due to school work and other games, I managed to get some time and do a small gameplay update.
The main goal of the update is to mostly balance out some abilities and a few bug fixes along the way.
A few mage abilities were made easier to use and should be more impactful without increasing his insane damage.
The hunter received a new passive replacing the block skill which he now has automatically and his traps should be easier to use.
The necromancer received a bug fix in which his skills should now actually properly scale off of rank.
Not alot of love for the fighter and cleric though...

Anyway, here are the download links

Wrath of Cronos Main File
Wrath of Cronos Doom Patch
Wrath of Cronos Heretic Patch
Wrath of Cronos Strife Patch
Wrath of Cronos Doom Monster Randomizer Patch
Last edited by Thetis on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SID914
New User

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7B (Is actually here)

Post by SID914 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:52 am

Can't find anything wrong with the new update. Played every class except for the necromancer. I love the new blizzard spell. I have to wonder if strength helps the mage in anyway seeing as how he doesn't have any melee weapons. I recall seeing a post about this mod saying that the ice projectiles scale with both intelligence and strength, but I can't seem to find it. If that were true then does the enchanted bow's damage scale from both agility and intelligence?

All in all a great update and thank you for helping keep Doom alive!

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 am

SID914 wrote: I have to wonder if strength helps the mage in anyway seeing as how he doesn't have any melee weapons.
Strength benefits all classes with max armor increase (but still a mage having a high amount of armor is pointless).
SID914 wrote: All in all a great update and thank you for helping keep Doom alive!
And Hexen which this was started on. And Heretic.. And Strife my god I forgot this had a Strife patch

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

SID914
New User

Post by SID914 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:50 am

Of course, how idiotic of me to forget to include Hexen and Heretic. Never owned Strife so I'll leave that opinion to others. Appreciate the response, but I thought armor was reworked to where every class has a set amount now. The mage obviously having the least, followed closely by the necromancer. One thing I have noticed about armor now that I'm not sure others have realized yet is that when you have around over 40 armor you can stand in minor damage dealing sectors indefinitely. Doesn't work with higher damage hell slime. If you have any other knowledge or advice about this mod I'd love to hear it.

Thetis

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7B (Preview for Next Release)

Post by Thetis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:12 pm

A bit of a preview for whats to come next version! Should be useful information for later.
[spoiler]I wonder who he is?

Yay!!

NOOOO!!!!
Image[/spoiler]

SID914
New User

Post by SID914 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Looks epic as usual. I have a question about the guide for this mod. I've seen a few links on the zdoom forums for a fan-made guide, but the links don't work anymore. I've read some of your posts both here and on zdoom mentioning you wanted to make your own guide, or contribute to a fan made one. Any chances of that happening still?

ArathHunter
Registered just to make one post

Post by ArathHunter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Awesome, Love it! :igor:

kumanosuke
New User

Post by kumanosuke » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:59 am

I stoped playing Doom/WoC for a while, so I'm playing it again and I came back to see the news bout the mod. Finaly will be a shop system in the game, and I have a few questions.

I'm in the middle of a playthrought right now, so i'll update my version of the mod as soon as I finish it, but I want to ask about a bug that sets the Necromancer's Armour to ZERO when he transforms, is it fixed?

Also, when I play Berserk in Doom I have a feel that the Berserk is broken. Since I don't play him much it could be cuz I play only with brutalized levels, I think the class is too ofensive, and when I went to the secret level of the First Chapter in Doom 1 I stop playing him, because I couldn't feel I would survive the hell parties of the later levels. I think a rework would be nice, or even a new class focused in Tank, like a Warrior, with passive skills that reduce damage taken, block damage, life leech, etc..., but my words haven't much value since I played this mod only in Doom(With BRUTALIZED levels) and Heretic, not the "original game"(Hexen), but I think I'm not the only one with this thoughts

Sorry for my english

SID914
New User

Post by SID914 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Actually the fighter has a huge potential to become a tank. He gets the highest amount of hp gain per level and has the most armor. Depending on which version you are using, the armor system has been completely re-worked to be at a set maximum value per class. The fighter himself has a huge heal spell later on that does a massive heal initially and gradually heals over time. He also has a reflect spell which lowers damage he takes, while also launching projectiles away from him that deal significant damage to monsters.

Also seeing as how you have said you haven't been on in a while I'm guessing you haven't played a version with accessories introduced. Check the change log at the beginning of this thread.

kumanosuke
New User

Post by kumanosuke » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:34 am

Yeah, I saw the Acessories in the picture that Thetis Uploaded, there's Acessories in the menu, but I thought it would be implemented only in the next Update with the shop system. My version is the 1.6C I think, but I'm finising my playthrought, and them Ill update it, and Ill try harder with the Berserk next time. It's a shame the tank spells are high level.

Also, every time I enter a new map all my itens are reduced to ONE, I saw the first page of this post and one guy had this problem too and Thetis said it was fixed (lol?).

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:05 pm

kumanosuke wrote: Also, every time I enter a new map all my itens are reduced to ONE, I saw the first page of this post and one guy had this problem too and Thetis said it was fixed (lol?).
That's a Zandronum problem; there's not much that can be done about that, until we get whatever the flag's called.

Unless thetis applied magic in 1.7. I'm not entirely sure, as I haven't played WoC since 1.6.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

kumanosuke
New User

Post by kumanosuke » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 pm

lol, I play with GZDoom, theres somethin wrong
Also, I updated my version of the mod, how the armor works now?
Last edited by kumanosuke on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:42 am

@Thetis

Any chance of setting up the stuff so that the Zandronum authentification server can be used to track WoC player stats persistantly? By my understanding, it's doable now..

SID914
New User

Post by SID914 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 am

Found a new bug where as the necromancer you can't use metamorph. I was using miasma in my slot 3 skill, but as I mentioned before once your intellect is too high monsters start being lifted in the air by certain spell damage (making several attacks miss). So I decided I'd try going around as a powerhouse and it wouldn't let me use that one skill in particular.

Also, what exactly makes a shadow beast disperse into the tiny green spirits that rape you? I've used all variations of spells and weapons. Sometimes it dies without even using that attack, and others just spam it like crazy. Kind of annoying when you are trapped in a room with them.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Thetis, the Doom Monster Replacement wad link is 404'd. Reupload please.

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:28 am

The link should be fixed now, I haven't had much time to work on it recently because something came up that I needed to take care of.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Sorry to keep pestering you, Thetis, but can I at least know whether persistent stat management is something you intend to implement in the future?

Tyketto
New User

Post by Tyketto » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:57 am

I stumbled across a bug.

I was playing through Masters of Chaos as the Necromancer. My build revolved around summons - I had all 4 out most of the time.

The bug I found is that, if one of my summoned minions went through a teleporter before I did, the teleporter become broken. In some cases, this basically made me stuck.

Also, I think another person pointed this out, but it seems Metamorphosis doesn't work.

damico1989
New User

Post by damico1989 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:46 pm

First off, thank you for the mod, its great what I can play of it... but heres the issue I am having..

When I load it up I get 3 script errors and then doom2 loads up. when I get into the game I can not see my health or access my stat upgrades. I can pick my class and all that works, just not health display or access to my skills (granted I don't know which button to push anyway so that would be helpful too lol) I use zdoom by the way
Last edited by damico1989 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Load order? The wad requires the external patches to be loaded after it if you're not playing HeXeN.