Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Thetis

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.3C (Quick Hotfix)

Post by Thetis » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:56 am

ibm5155 wrote: edit: that hud is too big here D: isn´t a little one ?
Type in console Hud_Scale 0. That should shrink the HuD a bit.
Last edited by Thetis on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

InquisitiveSpellcaster
New User

Post by InquisitiveSpellcaster » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:31 am

A quick heads-up that hasn't been noted yet: In the Doom compatibility mode, in Doom 2 the Nazis from the Wolfenstein levels do not count at all towards experience nor bonus killing. Just letting you know.

Cheers.

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:09 am

Updated Wrath of Cronos to 1.4. This update mostly contains some code cleanup and correcting some imbalance in the mod. Also, a noticable change is that you can only see the weapons that your class uses, whether it is in co-op or singleplayer.

Wrath of Cronos R1.4A

Wrath of Cronos Heretic Compatability Patch 1.4

Wrath of Cronos Doom Compatability Patch 1.4

Wrath of Cronos Less Gore Patch 2

Edit: (Oops, had to Re-Upload the main file, I recommend redownloading it again if you got it right after I posted this).

Edit 2: (Argh uploaded wrong file, this one should be it).

Edit 3: Lag causes god mode with machete block. Fixed. Also, divine punishment in certain circumstances could not be casted. Fixed.
Last edited by Thetis on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tux
Forum Regular

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.4A

Post by Tux » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Thetis, you didn't update the front page links
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Really? To me the links should be correct. (INB4 April Fools)
Last edited by Thetis on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm

not april fools, I downloaded this mod for first time (14,8 mb file) and nothing happened on zandro (everything was as usual)/it fatal crashed gzdoom with access violation before it even load the wad;then I downloaded the version from this page (15,1 mb) and it worked. cool mod you have there ;) do you plan adding more weapons?

p.s. writing from phone so this looks chaotic
Last edited by Tux on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

VikingBoyBilly
New User

Post by VikingBoyBilly » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Check out my progress:

I heard you were looking for an assassin sprite:

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 pm

I am thinking of a 6th class to share spawns with the fighter. The assassin is one of the candidates but it will be a while till a 6th class will be in development.
Last edited by Thetis on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VikingBoyBilly
New User

Post by VikingBoyBilly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 am

That's okay. It's going to take me a while to make all these sprites!

Meratoma
Registered just to make one post

Post by Meratoma » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello everyone.

Me and my partner we're hooked on this fantastic modification.

First to congratulate the author for this work.

Second, I would like to make a few suggestions:

It would be very useful to display a health bar above the head of the characters for so healers can heal teammates, when his life is low.

Furthermore, the warrior class is not very useful on maps with lots of enemies. No large-scale attacks only serves as a tank.

It would also be interesting to store the statistics of the character in a database.

Is this possible?

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:37 am

Meratoma wrote: Hello everyone.

Me and my partner we're hooked on this fantastic modification.

First to congratulate the author for this work.

Second, I would like to make a few suggestions:

It would be very useful to display a health bar above the head of the characters for so healers can heal teammates, when his life is low.

Furthermore, the warrior class is not very useful on maps with lots of enemies. No large-scale attacks only serves as a tank.

It would also be interesting to store the statistics of the character in a database.

Is this possible?
I would rather make a custom COOPINFO that can display max health instead of drawing a health bar above teammates personally.

The Fighter is limited in terms of area attacks yes but that is because of how he can pretty much soak all the damage that is thrown at him.

ATM I would say it's impossible to create a database for characters.

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Small main file update for Wrath of Cronos. Simply contains bug fixes and some balance changes.

http://static.[bad site]/wads/wrathofcronosr1_4b.pk3
Last edited by Thetis on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thetis

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.4C

Post by Thetis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Update again. This update focuses on bug fixes and adding some configurable CVars for people to toy around with.

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.4C

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Heretic Compat Patch 1.4C

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Doom Compat Patch 1.4C

EDIT: Whoops, two Heretic Compat links! One of them should now link to the Doom Compat.
Last edited by Thetis on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

VikingBoyBilly
New User

Post by VikingBoyBilly » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Since there's talk of a merge with Serpent Resurrection, how about adding the red and yellow manas for the 5th and 6th weapon slots to run off? The blue and green mana spawns could occasionally spawn yellow and red mana, like the variety of fletchette and quartz flask types.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 pm

The merge was just a random idea me and a few people talked about. There isn't a merge at the moment, I'll have to ask The Ultimate Doomer.

VikingBoyBilly
New User

Post by VikingBoyBilly » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Regardless of whether or not there's ever a real merge, adding more mana types is still an idea on the table to consider for WoC.

I think the game could benefit from spawning the 5th and 6th weapons in the same spots with the 2nd and 3rd weapons as well, instead of replacing the super weapon segments. It would be helpful to get these weapons earlier since they're about on par with the 2nd and 3rd slots and characters like the crusader could use it to use more diverse customization while they're leveling up early in the game.

Maybe I'd help with the coding if IRL wasn't keeping me away from modding lately =/
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weavaloid
New User

Post by Weavaloid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 pm

This project looks interesting and I like the idea, the RPG system is really good but at some point I'm a bit baffled how weird this project works.

For instance, I just don't get why this wad is playable on Doom because most of the time you're carying your melee weapon while the zombies shoots you down from a far range, it's like waiting in a corner till they come out. But aint Doom a bit "futuristic" for the medieval classes?
Imagine if Doomguy was in Heretic or Hexen.

I've also noticed that there are lots of items ripped from other peoples projects, same with stuff from Realms667. I'm not a great enemies /weapon scripter myself but this project has potential and I think you should make this project even more interesting if you by creating something more creative rather than using other stuff from other wads.
I mean making the empty flask actually empty isn't really that hard if you're good with photoshopping or even using Gimp.

Some of the classes have unfitting weapons, let's be honest here... Giving a fighter class a Dragon Claw is unfitting. I know you're trying to balance the classes out which you did a good job at it but there are other weapons out there which are more fitting for this babarian bouldy guy.

This project deserves more attention but I think there needs alot to be changed. Eventually I think this project is gonna be great, if you listen to other people oppinions. I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm here to help by giving feedback and giving my honest oppinion. But I got so many questionmarks above my head about what you're planning and currently working on and I hope you care to explain it to me.

gr,
Weavaloid
Last edited by Weavaloid on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thetis

Post by Thetis » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 am

Weavaloid wrote: This project looks interesting and I like the idea, the RPG system is really good but at some point I'm a bit baffled how weird this project works.

For instance, I just don't get why this wad is playable on Doom because most of the time you're carying your melee weapon while the zombies shoots you down from a far range, it's like waiting in a corner till they come out. But aint Doom a bit "futuristic" for the medieval classes?
Imagine if Doomguy was in Heretic or Hexen.

I've also noticed that there are lots of items ripped from other peoples projects, same with stuff from Realms667. I'm not a great enemies /weapon scripter myself but this project has potential and I think you should make this project even more interesting if you by creating something more creative rather than using other stuff from other wads.
I mean making the empty flask actually empty isn't really that hard if you're good with photoshopping or even using Gimp.

Some of the classes have unfitting weapons, let's be honest here... Giving a fighter class a Dragon Claw is unfitting. I know you're trying to balance the classes out which you did a good job at it but there are other weapons out there which are more fitting for this babarian bouldy guy.

This project deserves more attention but I think there needs alot to be changed. Eventually I think this project is gonna be great, if you listen to other people oppinions. I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm here to help by giving feedback and giving my honest oppinion. But I got so many questionmarks above my head about what you're planning and currently working on and I hope you care to explain it to me.

gr,
Weavaloid
The main reason why I made Wrath of Cronos playable in Doom is because I wanted it to be playable across multiple IWADS. Doomguy has been in the world of Heretic and Hexen a million of times before.

I find myself struggling to create new things from scratch so I try and add my own spin to existing stuff that would fit or I recycle things I have used in my past wads but sometimes I find some things that I feel that would fit so well for a particular weapon. Oh and I am very bad at sprite editing.

I gave the fighter the dragon claw because I felt as though he could use a ranged weapon requiring only blue mana. Also, one could think of it as "long range insta-telekinetic punches".

InquisitiveSpellcaster
New User

Post by InquisitiveSpellcaster » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am

Glad to see the mod moving forward and getting better, the latest updates are dope.

Also I wonder, are there any plans on making it compatible with Strife?

And hopefully TheUltimateDoomer will agree to merge Serpent Resurrection and Wrath of Cronos, I'm certain that would be a fantastic experience.

Cheers.

Weavaloid
New User

Post by Weavaloid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 am

Thetis wrote: The main reason why I made Wrath of Cronos playable in Doom is because I wanted it to be playable across multiple IWADS. Doomguy has been in the world of Heretic and Hexen a million of times before.

I find myself struggling to create new things from scratch so I try and add my own spin to existing stuff that would fit or I recycle things I have used in my past wads but sometimes I find some things that I feel that would fit so well for a particular weapon. Oh and I am very bad at sprite editing.

I gave the fighter the dragon claw because I felt as though he could use a ranged weapon requiring only blue mana. Also, one could think of it as "long range insta-telekinetic punches".
I understand that you want this project to work on multiple wads but if I want to play something that is "medieval" wads, I think of Hexen and Heretic IWADS. Most the doom wads always have this futuristic or modern feeling to it.
If Doomguy has been in the world of Hexen and Heretic a "million" times, I want you to start naming those projects cause I never seen any of those.

Like I said I'm not a good spriter/scripter/editor myself but I'm asking other people to do it for me and they usually like to help other people with it. They're giving me tutorials or two and that's how I learn from it.

About the Dragon Claw, it still doesn't change the fact it's a very unfitting weapon for the fighter. Because Dragon Claw always used orb as ammo and If you want the range weapon, well give it Witchaven throwing pike axes. DAAAAAH! (inside joke)
But then again, he already has a throwing (Ranged) axe which already uses blue mana.
Last edited by Weavaloid on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.