Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Valherran
Forum Regular

RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by Valherran » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:19 am

Slim wrote:
Valherran wrote: The shopkeeper is a very rare spawn, perhaps a little too rare. If you didn't see him anywhere, there is a possibility that he spawned next to monsters and got killed. In Hexen, he should spawn inside the beginning portal room of each hub IMO, because there is nowhere near the amount of items in Hexen compared to the other IWADs.
Well the only way I see that being possible is either A: Editing all the hub maps to include the shopkeeper actor (which is hella trouble), or B: Replace one of the item spawns (and there's a big chance he won't spawn in the beginning of the hubs), and I don't know if there's any ACS hackery in the world to solve that.
Maybe there is an object in the game that is rarely seen in each level that he could replace? Another alternative would be to turn him into a potion item that you can create through alchemy. It could function just like the Dark Servant, with an animation of him entering through a portal as he spawns in. You could call it a merchant flask or something.

__Lagger__
Registered just to make one post

Post by __Lagger__ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Thetis, I love this mod. Please, keep working on it. I've been playing this online with Chillax + heretic/hexen monsters.

In case you feel like fixing bugs, I've found some and noticed no one mentioned these:
- Necromancer's minions take damage from teammates (at least hunter's railgun).
- Necromancer's bone shower skill causes huge internet traffic. Over 15Mbps in just a few casts, making 90% of the players drop at instant.
- There seems to be some experience overflow bug. This usually happens at higher levels (400+) or maybe that is just because the situation is too rare to be seen at lower levels. I noticed this right after a map has changed, not sure if it has anything to do with it though. Suddenly your level has increased by 100s. In my case it varied between about 150 and 1000+ levels. It's a bit weird as it's just your level that increases. You won't get any status points to spend. It applied to the whole team at the same time.
- Killing spree tends to report a lot more kills than actual monsters involved.
- Killing spree can show negative experience. Perhaps allocate more memory and/or add a positive cap? As a nice work around: maybe reward the player at instant when the cap is reached?
- Rpg menu seems to lag sometimes, making you spend points in things you didn't intend to, because the menu select key and assign stats/skills key are the same. A player would end up spending points in strengh and/or skill slot 1, not intended. Perhaps it is possible to change the assign points key so it differs from the select key in the menu when selecting stats/skills/accessories/alchemy?
- Rpg menu requires use key to assign points, making unaware players respawn when dead. Perhaps change this key or, if intended, disable rpg menu while dead?

On non-high end computers:
- Cleric's lightbringer alternate fire causes huge framerate drop when fired at longer ranges. Obviously, it gets worse when multiple clerics in sight alt-fire this weapon.
- Framerates get really low on maps with more than 2000 monsters. Usually not at the start of the map, but later on when a lot of monsters have died. Without WoC there seems to be no problem at all. Or perhaps it's related to this? http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1948

There are some useful glitches too. Obviously, I'm not going to tell. >:D

Tyketto
New User

Post by Tyketto » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:48 pm

A couple months ago, I finished yet another Lets Play of Wrath of Cronos. This time, I played Masters of Chaos as the Necromancer. Check it out, if you wish! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QMTLOe2DAh

SID914
New User

Post by SID914 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:43 am

I think the agility bonus jump height should return to the way it used to be in 1.6 and 1.7. It was just insanely fun jumping all over the maps while shooting the ranger's ultimate weapon. It also helps to avoid unbeatable traps in slaughter wads. IE. A spawn trap of baron of hells (and with the monster replacement wad the Shadow beast is impossible to dodge and survive in traps.) Why not just return them to normal and people that want a lower jump height can just manually use the cvars you provided before? For some reason, you removed them from your post and have yet to put them back up.

Chillax is the biggest offender of these said impossible traps. Sunder as well. Hell even old wads like Hell Revealed 1 and 2 have their share of spawn entrapment bullshit.

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:35 am

Now that Chillax has been mentioned I thought I'd brought up a minor issue depending on your gameplay preference, it's piss easy with WOC because you level up outrageously quickly in the blink of an eye and can then mow everything down with buffed stats and abilities.

What would be very interesting is to introduce a CVAR which caps the level at any customable preference, let's say '50' thereby you still have to rely on good playing ability and not tanking with 1000 health and mana for instance. It's fun to play but their's no lingering challenge after a short while and this idea would really enhance it's playability.
Last edited by Armitage on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who hesitates is lost".

Tyketto
New User

Post by Tyketto » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:55 pm

I've finished another playthrough of Wrath of Cronos on my YouTube channel (clearly, I'm not a big fan of this mod...)

This time around, I played the Hexen singleplayer campaign as the Fighter. Take a look if you'd like: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... atOEPMFdke

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Armitage wrote: Now that Chillax has been mentioned I thought I'd brought up a minor issue depending on your gameplay preference, it's piss easy with WOC because you level up outrageously quickly in the blink of an eye and can then mow everything down with buffed stats and abilities.
That's odd - I thought the monsters leveled up with you to keep this exact scenario from happening - then again, I haven't played WOC all that much so it wouldn't surprise me that much to find out leveling up does make everything much easier.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Morb

Post by Morb » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't know if I'm the only one, but in the 1.8, I can't navigate in the menu. The only thing I can do is increasing my strength, which is a bit annoying.

Shanjaq

Post by Shanjaq » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:33 am

Problems with Viscerus compat patch! Every boss fight has the following errors:

P_StartScript Unknown Script 912
P_StartScript Unknown Script 913

I dumped the ACS to a text file and couldn't find 912 or 913 anywhere, but I looked at the Decorate for various monster attacks and it looks like they're trying to call it explicitly without having it defined, example:

Code: Select all

ACTOR SOVDiscipleGreenCloud : NewPoisonCloud
{
	Obituary "%o choked on the Disciple of Disease's wrath."
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		PSBG D 1
		PSBG D 1 A_Scream
		PSBG  DEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIII 2 A_Explode (4+2*(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(912,1,0,0)), 40, 1)
		PSBG  EEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIII 2 A_Explode (4+2*(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(912,1,0,0)), 40, 1)
		PSBG  EEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIII 2 A_Explode (4+2*(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(912,1,0,0)), 40, 1)
		PSBG  EEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIIIEEEFFFGGGHHHIII 2 A_Explode (4+2*(ACS_ExecuteWithResult(912,1,0,0)), 40, 1)
		Goto Death
	}
}

This particular one is extremely laggy, with just 2 of the green pods on the field my game goes down to less than 1 fps, and the console spams missing script errors.

One other issue is that Lava/Slime no longer damages the player in this latest version. Help!

ConTheFal
Banned

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by ConTheFal » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:24 am

Wow, what was with the massive split(s?) here? Why did my post get split? Also, it appears that other posts had gotten split(or is that just me?). I'm confused on why this occurred.

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 pm

ConTheFal wrote:Wow, what was with the massive split(s?) here? Why did my post get split? Also, it appears that other posts had gotten split(or is that just me?). I'm confused on why this occurred.
theres an unspoken(not sure, maybe is in the faq or something like that, havent checked) rule about revivng old topics

ConTheFal
Banned

Post by ConTheFal » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 am

Oh oops, well sorry about that :P Thought the mod was still alive or something but eh.

ConTheFal
Banned

Post by ConTheFal » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 am

Wait, but Fused said its ok...? http://puu.sh/o0qb1/c5debd3ed3.png That was from a trashed thread where someone didn't want to bump an old thread and so they made a new one, same topic.

Caligula Jones
New User

Post by Caligula Jones » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Does anyone have a list of the WOC cvars and commands? also the merchants offical name so I can summon him. Thank you

AdamEternal
New User

Post by AdamEternal » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:02 am

My primary issue here is that I can't navigate the menu. I press the menu button and the following menu comes up. The text at the top is also unreadable and the thing that I think is telling me to level up is partially off-screen. This is a client-based thing, I've had it happen in all Cronos servers. May I ask what is going on? I'm using Windows XP.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

WaTaKiD
Master Server Admin

Post by WaTaKiD » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 am

Caligula Jones wrote:Does anyone have a list of the WOC cvars and commands?
not sure why they were removed from the op, but here they are from the cvarinfo lump
[spoiler]server int WoC_ExpDeath = 1;
server int WoC_ExpDeathAmount = 33;
server bool WoC_GoldDeath = TRUE;
server int WoC_GoldDeathAmount = 50;
server int WoC_MaxSpeed = 200;
server int WoC_MaxJump = 12;
server bool WoC_DisableKillingSpree = FALSE;
server bool WoC_DisableAwards = FALSE;
server bool WoC_JumpModifier = FALSE;
server bool WoC_SetMonstersOnce = TRUE;
server bool WoC_DamageIndicator = TRUE;
server int WoC_GoreLevel = 0;

user bool WoC_EnemyHealthBar = TRUE;
user bool WoC_AutoPetLeash = TRUE;
user bool WoC_RandomSkills = FALSE;
user bool WoC_RandomStats = FALSE;[/spoiler]
Caligula Jones wrote:also the merchants offical name
streetmerchant

AdamEternal wrote:My primary issue here is that I can't navigate the menu.
as stated in the OP, 'compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo true' is required for online play, so try enabling that if u are the server host, or find the server host and ask them to enable it
AdamEternal wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
try entering 'hud_scale 0' in ur console, messing with text scaling (options > display options > message options > text scaling), or change ur resolution and/or the force aspect ratio (options > set video mode)

AdamEternal
New User

Post by AdamEternal » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Forcing my aspect ratio helped me out. compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo true didn't help me out.

DocCrowley
New User

Post by DocCrowley » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Mmm... Is this mod dead all along?
In Soviet Russia Brutal Doom hates YOU!

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Thetis Last active: -

If some1 wants to continue it spiritually though...

Caligula Jones
New User

Post by Caligula Jones » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:49 am

I think it would be awesome if someone added some non class specific weapons that you could buy from the street merchant.