[v1.2.0] Universal legs for Zandronum

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Fused
Contributor

[v1.2.0] Universal legs for Zandronum

Post by Fused » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:13 pm

Image Image What is it?
UniversalLegs is a mod that aims to render visible legs beneath the player whilst they are playing in a server.
The legs shares the same skin color as the player and will walk just like how legs are supposed to walk.

Currently it is not possible to fully configure the legs, but this will be addressed in a future version.
Last edited by Fused on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Fused
Contributor

Re: [v1.1.0] Universal legs for Zandronum

Post by Fused » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm

v1.1.0 is now released.
Downloads can be found in the initial post.
  • The legs will now only render when the player is looking down.
  • The legs will now apply the correct translation based on the player's translation.
This minor release addresses two points I have been meaning to fix with the legs.
By rendering the legs only when looking down I hope to make them less obvious in mirrors since the legs will be visible in them. Sadly there is no other way until Zandronum backports the flag that prevents them to render on mirrors.
Secondly I have added the ability to apply translation to the legs based on the player's settings. Now these will share the same colors.

For now I am going to take a look at improving the positioning of the legs to avoid them being misplaced when jumping or falling. Apart from that there are also some other visual changes and configuration features I mean to implement.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: [v1.1.0] Universal legs for Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:36 pm

Nice!

Would be cool if you could display them horizontally in certain cases too, like a DEATH script that spawns them infront of you as you fall to the ground so it looks like you fell on your back. (Yes, I know Doomguy falls forward onto his face in the default death animation, shhhh) Would be immersive to see the camera track your killer's movements as your feet remain in one place.

Then of course, there is the potential for a legendary Stinkmeaner kick.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Fused
Contributor

Re: [v1.2.0] Universal legs for Zandronum

Post by Fused » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:00 pm

v1.2.0 is now released.
Downloads can be found in the initial post.
  • The legs will now correctly follow the player when vertical velocity is applied.
  • Overall improvements to the legs when the player is crouched.
  • Overall improvements to the legs in software mode.
  • Added a new cvar, `cl_ul_drawlegs`, which determines if the legs should be drawn.
  • The legs now directly follow the player rather than following a target point. This might or might not improve the legs considering certain functions are now no longer used.
Finally managed to fix the legs movement when jumping and falling. I have also added a lot of improvements in general to the legs visually. I would like to mention that there will be a version 2 of the project coming in the future. In this version I aim to improve the legs even more by introducing new and improved sprites, as well as a full range of sprites for sidestepping, jumping and crouching. Lastly, I will also be looking at improving the legs for supporting GZDoom. Whilst this might be possible already, the current system is very "hacky" to support Zandronum, and I realize that GZDoom could have a better system.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image