(WIP) Who Dun It: Reloaded

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Dox778_
New User

(WIP) Who Dun It: Reloaded

Post by Dox778_ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm

(thanks Kaminsky for the logo <3333333)
Remember that ancient murder mystery mod from the early 2010s, Who Dun it? It's been kind of left to die over the years, its community is shrinking and the mod's not played all that much at all these days.
The mod's great fun, and it's sad to see it (somewhat) abandoned, so I've decided to put my little modding experience to help bring back to this forgotten mod!

Introducing Who Dun It: Reloaded, an addon (now a standalone file!) for the original mod to bring the mod up to higher standards with better visuals, attention to detail and plenty o' fun elements to make the mod feel more social!
Since not too long ago, the addon became a standalone file! Gone are the days of having to load plenty of files in a specific order - now it's just a single file and you're good to go! Includes the base mod, bigpack, EX and Phobos Outpost (wdi25)!
The mod's considered WIP and still not finished, since I keep adding stuff to it almost every week.

"But what are these 'better visuals, attention to detail and plenty o' fun elements to make the mod feel more social!'????"

Just to name a few...
WEAPONS:
  • Every weapon had been given new animations and/or sprites, as seen down in the videos section.
  • Plenty of NEW weapons to keep the arsenal fresh. (Screw driver, fire extinguisher, revolver...)
  • Exclusive weapons only for the murderer, aiding them greatly if they're lucky enough to pick one up!
  • (almost) all of the missing weapon skins for the players have been added.
  • Melee weapons can be stained with blood with enough use!
P2P (player-to-player) INTERACTIONS:
  • 2 new sound classes, to remove the repetetiveness of having only 2.
  • Dances, a whopping 6 of them! there's even, uh, twerking... yeah...
  • You can slap people and that pushes them a little bit, leading to funny situations lol
  • Introducing: Playing dead! You can now pretend to be a corpse, and hopefully stay undetected.
  • Players will now drop their items upon death. How it behaves is customizable!
  • Players can now ping stuff! Useful if you want your mate to pay attention to a specific thing.
  • You can customize OR randomize your player's width/height for everyone too see!
  • Crouching eliminates footstep sounds, giving players a chance to be sneaky.
MAP RELATED STUFF WOOHOOOO:
  • BUMPMAPS. A good chunk of textures now reflect light, greatly aiding the visual aspect/uniqueness of the mod! (Completely optional, included as a separate file)
    It might struggle with specific hardware or operating systems...
  • Brightmaps are also included - some textures will now glow in the dark, enhancing the atmosphere.
  • Plenty of decorations are now interactive and have way more variation.
  • Some can even give you nice drops when broken!
  • plenty of ambient sounds sprinkled over the maps to enhance the atmosphere (clock sounds, wind blowing, crickets etc)
  • Maps can occasionally start/stop being rainy. The rain's strength is also customizable! (Some maps are excluded from raining)
MISC:
  • Unique loading screen and main menu! (thanks Kaminsky <33333)
  • Dedicated menu for the mod's options.
  • A lot of new sprites and added effects to existing features.
  • A LOT of options for customized experience!
These are but small appetizers, the addon is FILLED with many small changes that add up to a new, refined experience!

Now, for some videos and screenshots:
Spoiler: Videos (Open)
- All new weapon animations (already outdated a bunch)
phpBB [media]

- Dynamic lights, more player skins, introduction of dances!
phpBB [media]

- New footstep sounds (also outdated)
phpBB [media]

- More weapon skins, silent footsteps when crouching, more stuff on hud, descriptive pickup messages, new weapons, interaction with the enviroment
phpBB [media]

- new system for enhancing maps and other stuff idk just watch it yourself lol
phpBB [media]

- Playing dead
phpBB [media]

- players dropping their items upon death
phpBB [media]

- bumpmaps and brightmaps showcases
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
- Examples of new weapons:
Image Image Image
- Murderer exclusive weapons!
Image Image
- dances
Image Image Image Image
- misc
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
"ok that's cool....... but does anybody actually play it??"
Yes, we do in fact! Every saturday my friend METAL DANNY 420 is kind enough to host an event, in which the participants vote for which mods they'd like to play, and WDI:R wins most of the time.
If you're interested in joining us, here's the discord invite: https://discord.gg/HWrbrZ8v3Z

Download the latest version of the mod (V2.5 as of editing this post)
The link contains all the stuff you need and is being updated and taken care of by my friend, METAL DANNY 420. Thanks <333
The mod's credits are included in WDIR-CREDITS.txt.
Last edited by Dox778_ on Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dox778_
New User

Re: (WIP) Who Dun It: Reloaded

Post by Dox778_ » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:33 pm

A big new feature is coming along - an actual bumpmaps shader in zandronum!
All thanks to TDRR here on zandro forums, bumpmaps are now a thing in zandro, and WDI:R is one of the first (if not THE first) mod to put his shader to good use!
Here's a link to his shader, I hope more people give him credit for his amazing work: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10371

Some screenshots and a video showing what that shader can do - while it is not perfect, it already does a great job at enhancing the mod's visuals.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
phpBB [media]

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:54 am

How about replacing the mechanics of the steps with a more adequate one.
For example: https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronu ... tepsv4.pk3

Dox778_
New User

Post by Dox778_ » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:10 pm

Updated the thread! I included a new link for the file that'll be maintained by a friend, alongside listing more of the mod's features and screenshots.
As for your suggestion, Doomenator - I do appreciate the idea, but I think I'd rather stick with what's in the mod now, since that file you sent me doesn't synchronize the footstep sounds with the walking animations, and I prefer it synced.