(5 Hour speed map)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Pottus
New User

(5 Hour speed map)

Post by Pottus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Anyways, I did a speed map earlier today but wasn't really satisfied with only spending 30 minutes, so I decided to do another but giving myself more time (5 hours) which some people would probably argue that is too much time. Since I only really do single player maps the usual speed map time I'd like is 3 hours but this map I wanted to get in a bit more detail and try and approaching something polished off so here we have it 5 hours of dedicated mapping and we have.

Blood Bridge: http://www.mediafire.com/?in8g2vgmne7oxw2

I went for a hellish look since that is what I'm generally best at mapping. The design uses a lot of 45 degree architecture since i'm really trying to master this kind of mapping style due to it's visual appeal.

Map format ZDoom i'm kind of sick of always doing speed maps in Boom I really felt like letting lose on this map with some slopes and few lines of script.

I've used a layering style to create multiple levels of visual perception surrounding the map I think this for most people will seem very unconventional.

Of course I almost forgot only stock textures were used!

Music AV - Map 11

Give it a try I'm sure someone might enjoy this.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: (5 Hour speed map)

Post by mr fiat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 pm

wow that screenshot looks very impressive! I WILL certainly check it out later :3

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm liking this, very good architecture, nice use of slopes in a subtle way. A bit hard but otherwise very good.

Pottus
New User

Post by Pottus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm going to do another 5-hour map today, I have a great idea I have been dwelling on for quite some time.

Tango

Post by Tango » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:46 am

the screenshot looks pretty sweet. would love to see another one