[WIP] Looking for team to co-operate with Ghoul's Forest fan project

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
NeuroDusk
New User

[WIP] Looking for team to co-operate with Ghoul's Forest fan project

Post by NeuroDusk » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 pm

I am looking for a team to help co-operate with this project.

It's been 14 years since the last official installment (courtesy of Cutmanmike & his team), and there's been a well-endowed popular TDM spinoff that lasted around a decade.

Now, the hype has worn off but I still want to see a true sequel to the original(s). There has been a couple which I've seen, but they are obviously pranks and not true to the predecessor.

Here is my progress. The quality is highly-compressed but I will explain it's contents along the way:

phpBB [media]

I would like to stress that it is not that dark in-game. That is a result of the compression of dark colors.

Entirely new map made from scratch modeled to look similar to the original.

The bow was modified and reanimated by myself to be smoother and fit into a 16:9 resolution natively.
Arrows can stick to geometry on higher difficulties (making it impossible to retrieve them if aiming is inconsiderate).
Campfire has a 50% chance of being unlit on start regardless of difficulty, and an 8% chance of going out every 20 seconds (which can be relit using the lighter or a lit arrow).
Arrows can be lit by the campfire to deal 200% damage.

More details in the map:
Leaves fall from the canopy and cover the ground over time.
You can see through the canopy into the night sky.
There are randomized vegetation growing out of the ground (stalagtites, mushrooms, foilage)

Optimizations are made:
Most sprites/textures are in a considerable resolution and converted over to palette to speed up FPS.
Bugs in the original(s) are fixed. Particularly issues with 16:9 resolution and problems online.