Universal Possession - v1.2 (14/09/2021)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TDRR
Forum Regular

Universal Possession - v1.2 (14/09/2021)

Post by TDRR » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:49 am

Been sitting on this for while, thought it'd be a good idea to release it after polishing it a bit.

Download!

So what's Universal Possession? Well, as the name implies, it's like one of those possession mods where you can play as a monster... the fun thing about this one, though, is that it works with any mod, any IWAD, and any monster (except maybe some advanced ZScript ones?)! Yes, that includes even Brutal Doom, which is enough sign that it should work with practically anything you throw at it :p
You have a new key that can throw the possession projectile at an enemy, you take control of whatever monster it hits!

To make it not horribly overpowered, you can set a specific amount of kills required to use the projectile with the up_requiredkills CVAR. Setting this to 0 disables the mod, setting it to a negative number instead gives you infinite times to use the projectile, but setting it to any positive numbers sets the kill requirement to charge the projectile. So if this is set to 20 (the default), you'll need 20 kills to be able to use the projectile again.

If the third person camera isn't your fancy either, you can change it with the up_thirdperson CVAR. If set to 0, you go into first person mode when possessing. Obviously you can't see your monster's hands, though. The default is 1, which instead uses a chasecam.

Obligatory features list:
-Works on Zandronum! (duh)
-Possess any monster you want!
-Works online (mostly)
-Even DEHACKED mods work
-Full controller support, too
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
Version 1.2 (14/09/2021)
-Added a kill count display near the top right of the screen. Turns red when charged, and can be toggled with up_showkills.

-Players can't fire a possession projectile again before the current one is gone.

-Compatibility with Corruption Cards "fixed" (just a custom deck that removes the speed increase card, as that made possessed monsters move on their own)

Version 1.1 (11/09/2021)
-Added jumping while possessing a grounded monster. They jump as high as your player class can.

-Possessed monsters now alert other monsters when attacking.

-Fixed compatibility with Reelism and Supreme Invasion.

-Destroying decorations no longer grants you charge points.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
It's hard to show on screenshots, but I guess you get the idea.
Last edited by TDRR on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

haruko haruhara123

Clan: https://discord.gg/k
Clan Tag: [hhdc]

Re: Universal Possession - v1.0

Post by haruko haruhara123 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:00 pm

I will totally give this a try with my mod hordes of Chaos randomizer but does this work with decorate as well? because imagine playing as a infernalspider monster that will be badass or this is a whole entire different mod not playing as monsters it looks like it through screenshots.
LightBringer Corp Project's

Demon House 1

Hell's Realm v3.2

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Universal Possession - v1.0

Post by TDRR » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:54 pm

haruko haruhara123 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:00 pm
I will totally give this a try with my mod hordes of Chaos randomizer but does this work with decorate as well? because imagine playing as a infernalspider monster that will be badass or this is a whole entire different mod not playing as monsters it looks like it through screenshots.
This lets you control any monster from any mod, pretty much. Regardless of if it's a DEHACKED, DECORATE or ZScript mod.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Universal Possession - v1.1 (11/09/2021)

Post by TDRR » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:49 am

Updated! Here's the full changelog:
-Added jumping while possessing a grounded monster. They jump as high as your player class can.

-Possessed monsters now alert other monsters when attacking.

-Fixed compatibility with Reelism and Supreme Invasion.

-Destroying decorations no longer grants you charge points.

Grab it on the first post!

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Universal Possession - v1.2 (14/09/2021)

Post by TDRR » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Updated once more. Here's the full changelog:
-Added a kill count display near the top right of the screen. Turns red when charged, and can be toggled with up_showkills.

-Players can't fire a possession projectile again before the current one is gone.

-Compatibility with Corruption Cards "fixed" (just a custom deck that removes the speed increase card, as that made possessed monsters move on their own)

As usual you can get the mod on the first post!