Normal map shader for Zandronum (Doom 1 pack) 2.0

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TDRR
Forum Regular

Normal map shader for Zandronum (Doom 1 pack) 2.0

Post by TDRR » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:30 am

Check here to get a version much more appropriate for usage in your own projects (probably won't break with renderer updates and doesn't replace brightmaps)
For a while now, GZDoom has been the only ZDoom-derived port to get any sort of normal mapping. But that's no more :cool:

DOWNLOAD (for Doom 1)

Here's the shader + a bunch of normal maps already done for The Ultimate Doom!
The normal mapping is completely based around dynamic lights, so it works very similarly to GZDoom.

If you think the effects are a little too subtle, you can go into Options > Display Options > OpenGL options > Dynamic Lights and increase the light size there.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
Last edited by TDRR on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: Normal + Specular map shader for Zandronum (Doom 1)

Post by Ænima » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:43 pm

Beautiful.

The last screenshot made me think of Doom3. :lol:
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Normal map shader for Zandronum (Doom 1 pack) 2.0

Post by TDRR » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:41 pm

Brought this up to date with the grayscale bump map shader. Now supports walls too, and it should run quite a bit faster. Plus all the settings are available in func_brightmap.fp as with gs_bump.fp.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)