KRUGLYI (Monsterpack)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Nomakh
New User

KRUGLYI (Monsterpack)

Post by Nomakh » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Cacodemon. Tomato, Strawberry, Kekos... In my opinion this is the most charismatic monster from all original doom bestiary. He is always smiling, even when catching rocket with his... face? In game he can be very tricky just because of his flying ability. So i decided to make mod where all monsters are replaced by their "caco-analogs", with abilities that somehow can describe their originals. And sometimes there is something that compensates original monsters weakness. They all have the same health and painchance as original monsters, just for balance and mod flexibility - i'll talk about it later. The mod's name means "Round", "Spherical" in Russian language)

For example: Zombieman has low health and low damage. What can compensate this? Speed or size.

First concept of this mod: All monsters look like the same. Really? No more! Krooglyi 2.0 is a total rework of questionable concept. Now each "Krooglyi" has unique design, almost each projectiles have unique design and sounds.

The second concept is: Expect the unexpectable! All monsters have multiple attacks, everytime you can encounter new enemy's ability. Also there are already few surprises, from funny to a little annoying ones. But there will be more, cause this is just a WIP.

The third concept is: Active gameplay. No hitscans! Except the player's weapons and only one monster's attack. You should run around, dodge, jump, crouch - and you can escape from every enemy attack if you will be tricky enough.

The fourth concept is: Flexibility. You can combine this mod with any weapon pack or even some gameplay mods - it has been tested with "Highway to Hell", "High Noon Drifter", "Demon Hearts - Baron" and "Ultra-Crispy".

Download link for the latest version is here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... i-v2.2.pk3

Mod trailer:
Spoiler: (Open)
phpBB [media]

Here's some screenshots. But they aren't too informative, better play this mod and try it for yourself)
Spoiler: (Open)

Last edited by Nomakh on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Re: KRUGLYI (Monsterpack)

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am

this feels like a Cacodemon feitsh mod, and I'm sure you'll get a murderboner if your into it : )

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:19 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am
this feels like a Cacodemon feitsh mod, and I'm sure you'll get a murderboner if your into it : )
Thank you, sir))

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:19 am

Well, here we go! Krooglyi-v1.1 is out now! Most of changelog can be a spoiler for gameplay and unique experience, but most important thing is optimizing stuff and fixing a lotta bugs.

Don't be shy to leave a feedback and\or bug reports if you'll find them.

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:58 am

That's a nice mod, but I was wondering where the arena map came from.
The map I'm talking about is an arena where the crowd of cacodemons is watching you fight.

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:49 am

Thank you for feedback, mate) As for arena map - this is from wad named "Going Down" by Cyriak, Map 15, if I remember the number correctly - "The Gladiator". Also mod's titlepic is a edited screenshot from map 03 "The Crawl Space" of the same wad.

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:32 pm

And here we go with a global update! Visual update. Krooglyi 2.0 is here! Updated design, new gameplay features, new trick from our spherical friends...)

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:50 pm

Krooglyi 2.1 is out! Honestly, this is mostly hotfix...)

phineas

Post by phineas » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 am

What?!
Am I using the WRONG pack here?...:
krugsReverseDowntownDM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nomakh
New User

Post by Nomakh » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:26 pm

phineas wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 am
What?!
Am I using the WRONG pack here?...:
krugsReverseDowntownDM.png
What's the problem?

As I See - this is some kind of "DM" server. If DM means "Deathmatch" in this case - I have bad news. Krooglyi is mod for PVE, not PVP. Also, you better redownload Krooglyi-2.2 anyway - this is hotfix that fixed some annoying bugs.

phineas

Post by phineas » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:33 am

Sorry to jerk yer chain!
I was just noting that I'd just started up a server with v2.0 and
then read there was a version 2.2 already. And yes, I later corrected
and updated the server to v2.2. Also, it IS DM. I like DM with monsters;
they're FUN! I'd started with doing Kruglyi with the Downtown map from
Doom II. Then, I ran a different server with the bowling lane level from
mega2.wad = that was AWESOME!! Now, I'm running the Downtown
map from Backwards Doom (longtrek.wad). I like it betterer than the
original Doom II downtown. Thanks for the fun!