[WIP] Inhuman Monstrosity - A class-based Teamgame

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TheSkyBug
New User

[WIP] Inhuman Monstrosity - A class-based Teamgame

Post by TheSkyBug » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Hey! I'm hosting this mod on a TSPG!
I'll be sitting there sometime, come and play: [TSPG] Inhuman Monstrosity (Fixed, updated, prettied)

Download link: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... yv0.21.pk3

Welcome to the Teamgame zone! Only teamplay inside TSPG servers!
In all seriousness tho, welcome to the Inhuman Monstrosity (IM) – a team-based PvP mod, created to profile my deep, dark fantasies about my own multiplayer mod with Tchernobog and playerclasses.
IMPORTANT: While it’s theoretically compatible with Software render, I cannot guarantee that everything here will look and/or work as intended. So better play it with OpenGL.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Remember to bind the “Reload/Special” button. Lots of characters use it.
The concept here is old as all world – there are two teams, Inhumans and Monstrosities, each with their own set of classes. There are no items across the map – all you have is your character’s abilities and weapons, which recharges/reloads over time. Each player class is somewhat unique – they may have some similarities, but their playstyle varies from a simple bulletsponge to heavily-tactical assassin.
However, there are some differences between IM and the other PvP mods. First of them – a heavy reliance on teamwork. I mean, REALLY heavy. While there are classes that are more or less self-sustained, most of the characters are focused on a specific role, and are useless alone. So, plan your actions and help your teammates, or die as a disorganized crowd.
Second – new gamemodes. Currently only one, to be precise, and I’m not sure if there’ll be any more. A simple “Do as many frags as you can” is fun, but too overused in my opinion, so let’s bring something new to this concept.
Harvest:
Your common TDM, but with a twist. When player dies, their soul drops on the ground, waiting to be harvested. Press the USE key on it to acquire one point for your team. However, if teammates of the dead player get to their soul first, they’ll preserve it, basically making your efforts useless. So the goal here is not only to kill enemies, but also to collect their souls and save those of your teammates.

In addition, this mod has some kind of a lore, both global and for every character.
Global lore:
Spoiler: (Open)
«I have lived thousands lives. I have died thousands times. Each end was just a new beginning as a helpless puppet, with an illusion of power that meant nothing. But this time… Everything will be different. They will pay for what they have done to me. I am no longer a doll. I am the puppet master now. »
Centuries went from the start of a conflict between UAC and Forces of Hell. From the moment of opening a portal on Phobos and to this day, the war escalated into new, wider forms. Battles that were happening only in Solar system now rattle not only on the other planets, but in the other universes too. Using it’s godlike power, Icon of Sin tears the fabric of creation, collecting champions from multiple timelines and universes to battle UAC in every possible place. But humanity also had an ace up their sleeve – a multiple dangerous experiments and subjects, which can hardly be called human, and must be disposed at all cost. By calling them “Inhuman squad” and sterilizing their minds with propaganda, the UAC sends their augmented with temporary immortality fighters on a suicidal missions, which none of them should survive at the end. Mocking their attempts, the Icon of Sin called it’s minions “Monstrosities united”, while sending countless champions across time and space. This is the war of the wicked – Inhumans against Monstrosities.
List of characters:
Inhumans:
«There’s something delightful about these creatures. They know they’re doomed, but still they fight to the last drop of their poisoned blood. Why? »
Tank:
«Human’s mind seems to be much stronger that their body. It’s peculiar how they are able to switch bodies like that… And still, they use it as a weapon. Pathetic. »
More a machine than a man. In fact, the only biological part left after a horrible accident involving an average spacemarine, 30 bottles of mysterious blue liquid and one angry cyberdemon – is a little bloody human brain in perfect condition. Since ethics cannot be applied to human organs, one of the most questionable UAC projects suddenly blossomed, and so it was born – a heavily armed cyborg with no memory and only one desire – to kill the ones, named “enemies”.
Role: Meatshield/Gun platform
M1: Overheating plasmagun
M2: Powerful mini-missiles
Big healhpool, strong weaponry. Devastating in close quarters, but lacks speed a lot. Immune to slow debuffs and can spam your sorry ass to death. Pretty simple, shooting meatshield, but way too easy to outmaneuver.
Spacemarine:
«It is true that humans can adapt to the deadliest conditions, but this one… Is a mistake of the reality itself. They have no idea what they’ve faced, so I must eliminate it, before they will find that out. »
Locked down, abandoned and alone. This man was considered missing in action for many years after UAC lost contact with a distant colony. When an investigation group finally arrived, all they found was an empty station, filled with thousands of corpses of unknown species, and only one living security officer. Which wasn’t even a human anymore – his heartbeat stopped, his voice become mechanical, and he wasn’t even able to speak – only grunt and laugh. Furthermore, his body and weapon were able to partially ignore gravity and manipulate it in some ways. All attempts to study him were failed – officer just escaped laboratory every time, returning himself to the battlefield, fanatically fighting for an unknown goal.
Role: Long range poker/Buttpain
M1: Rapid-fire rifle
M2: Slowing grenade
R: Reloads his weapon
Annoying pain in the ass. A nightmare for precision-based enemies, excels at flank poking. Has low, but constant damage output from any distance. Althought dies from a slightest touch, so mobility is the key. His slowing grenade makes him decent in both defense and offense.
Frontier:
«A living mockery. What fuels this man? Why does he continue to fight alongside the ones who betrayed him? Some humans are still a mystery to me. »
“We do care about every single life” – says the UAC propaganda. However, care doesn’t always reach men in the moment of need. Frontier learned it the hard way, dying in an alien dimension with his gut perforated by his possessed comrades. But it wasn’t an end for this marine – resurrected by some wicked force, he had the will to resist it’s influence and to remain sentient. Angry and desperate, he murdered each and every one of his possessed friends, and then somehow returned home, where he met only fear and hate in the eyes of people. Having nowhere to go, this undead soldier got back to the front, supplying his mates with the things he so desperate needed in his last battle, hoping to find his place in the world.
Role: Support/Suppressor
M1: Machinegun
M2: Throws medkit/armor
R: Switches between medkit/armor
A tactical medic. Can create a goddamn warehouse of medikits and armors, which may be a huge problem, if placed correctly. His damage output is extremely low, but also constant. He probably won't kill you, but he'll definetely spend some of your health. Also has an ability to humiliate enemies, killing them by throwing supplies in their sorry faces. Beware!
Caleb:
«Rage. Hatred. Apathy. I can sense the mixture of these feelings boiling inside this man. UAC is truly a great enemy, if they were able to bring this monster to their side. »
A timeline, where humanity is consumed by a Cabal cult, is, truly, one of the darkest and most grotesque. Monsters shambling streets, mad cultists doing their bloody rituals, and one extremely pissed off undead gunslinger, which want to fulfill his revenge to Tchernobog. And when the mighty dark god fallen, Caleb felt himself victorious… For a moment. This is when the UAC’s multiuniversal program took it’s turn, finding this vengeful undead and telling him a simple truth: there’s not one or two Tchernobogs across the entire Universe – a countless timelines where he still lives are existing, among the scarce ones, where Caleb wins. There’s no telling about was this Caleb manipulated or not, but shortly he joined the UAC in a battle against some big bad evil just for an opportunity to kill Tchernobog over and over. Luckily for him, the Icon of Sin made a similar deal in the other universe…
Role: Glass cannon/Flanker
M1: Sawed-off shotgun
M2: Temporal akimbo
R: Powerful Cremator shot
Glass cannon in it's prime. Small healthpool, average speed, EXTREME damage output. His hitscan boomsticks may easily turn you into a bloody cheese, and his cremator allows controlling choke points and dealing lots of burst damage. However, since Caleb's only defenses are his harsh language and a cool hat, he'll die from a few shots. So play carefully and be deadly.
Sweetheart:
«I hope she will lose her tongue someday. »
A lady with a sharp tongue, true aim and deadly skills, which made her one of the most efficient and deadly assassin the UAC ever hired. But as she got rid of another “unwanted problem for a corporation” with a style, her ambitions went higher, perhaps even too high. There is no data about what actually Sweetheart did, but it is clear, that one of the most advanced UAC soldiers – Wolf-Ripper – received it’s infamous trauma during a battle with this rebellious assassin. Long story short, the Sweetheart was captured, brainwashed and turned into a perfect, loyal soldier with no sign of her previous identity… At least the UAC control thought so. Now, during the multiversal war against Icon of Sin, Sweetheart pretends to be a mindless UAC puppet, while fighting for her own survival and seeking an opportunity to escape both her bosses and her enemies.
Role: Sniper/Assassin
M1: Sniper rifle/Knife
M2: Take aim, increasing shot damage/Smoke bomb
R: Switches between rifle and a knife
Edgy, naughty woman with a sexy voice. Oh, and another glass canon too! But this time more... Special While Spacemarine excels at vertical mobility, Sweetheart is a horizontal movement champion. This, combined with her EXTREME damage in both range and melee, plus her sniping abilities, plus her distractive smoke bomb creates a very tactical, but tremendously fragile character. Outsmart your opponent and kill him in a few hits - from range or in melee
Doomguy:
«I remember that face. Decades passed by from my first death, and never I’ve met a warrior that scared me as much as this one. He turned an endless slaughter into a sport, a game. And I can sense a millions souls behind this man’s eyes, watching and maybe even controlling his every move… »
The legend. A nameless marine, which managed to single-handedly repel the first Hell’s attack, rescue the Earth population from extinct, get to the Icon of Sin and shatter it’s ugly face. That was the first heroic deed of this man, but not the last. Somehow caught in an endless loop of life, death and fight against the demons, Doomguy managed to travel across time and space for more than 20 years now. UAC tried to bring this one man army to their side, but it seems that this silent warrior is far beyond their understanding and possibilities. Sometimes he shows on the battlefield, taking side of Inhumans not because of sympathy to UAC, but because of hatred to the Icon and it’s minions.
Role: All-rounder
M1: Pump shotgun
M2: Brings up a powerup. Use M2 to switch a powerup’s type (Double damage, Half damage receiving, Flight or +100 HP)
R: Cancels the powerup choosing
The ultimate all-rounder, one man army in a nutshell. His shotgun is effective at both close and long ranges, dealing decent and constant damage. But his the most powerful tool - spheres. Soul, Flight, Doom and Guard - 4 buffs at your disposal making Doomguy suitable for just every possible combat situation. Although they have a tremendous cooldown, so choose wisely.
Monstrosities:
«The Universe’s end is declared only by your possibilities. I’ve seen the borders of creation, but there’s still so many deals to make… Will my Universe never end? Or is it just a delirium thoughts, which are the price of my power? Of my vision? »
Lightning wizard:
«Mortals are so easy to manipulate. Their constant fear of losing it all makes them vulnerable, predictable. I am above all of that – and this warrior is a living proof of it. »
A silent entity from a mysterious world, where energy flows like water. Unstable and chaotic, this realm was slowly collapsing from it’s start, but today this process has gone too far – entire continents are being devoured by an uncontrollable energy, thousands of inhabitants are dying each day. Being one of the strongest entities of his world, the wizard couldn’t just watch his home slowly vanishing. Against his ideology, he made a pact with Icon of Sin – selling himself as an immortal warrior in exchange for the future for his people. A deal with the devil he hates, but doesn’t regret.
Role: Sniper
M1: Powerful lightning strike
M2: Instant teleport
An AoE sniper - what could be better? Well, imagine if that bastard would be able to teleport! Lightning Wizard has a good DPS from any distance, which makes him a pretty deadly class. His alternate ability - a quick teleport - allows him to escape the situations hopeless for the other. However, without his teleport, he is slow and almost defenseless against a fast moving classes - so positioning is the key.
Ogre:
«A peculiar example of a strong body and weak soul. This creature has no principles – it will easily betray the one it worships today. I must take care with it. »
Life was simple for this average Shub-Niggurath child – live in a rusty hole, eat wet mushrooms, drink muddy water, kill the rare intruders. However, one day changed everything. A UAC squad entered his realm, slaughtering everything they meet and stealing every precious artifact they could get their filthy hands on. Seeing his friends, shamblers and vores, dying, ogre went completely postal. Masterfully wielding his grenade launcher and chainsaw, he single-handedly obliterated the entire marine platoon, leaving no one alive. But when the chainsaw went silent, the ogre’s soul was broken – his mates are dead, his house is in ruins, and his mother obviously won’t be happy about all of this. And that’s where the Icon of Sin made it’s turn – promising this fierce ogre protection and immortality, it quickly earned his loyalty. So beware when you hear a chainsaw roar, since this warrior fights for his new master with an unstoppable fury.
Role: Bruiser/Close quarters dominant
M1: Grenade launcher
M2: Extremely damaging chainsaw rush
A fat boy that hits like a truck. Literally. While his grenade launcher is effective in close quarters, he struggles to fight in open areas. Ogre's chainsaw rush allows him to cover large distances and deal EXTREME damage if you'll hit someone. Although he is pretty tough, outside of his M2 ogre suffers a low mobility, making him an easy target for snipers and flankers.
Techhound:
«A creation that overpowered it’s own creators. Stroggs couldn’t understood an overwhelming potential of this thing. Luckily, I could. »
Stroggs were always an interesting race for Icon of Sin, but one of their champions was standing out. An extremely deadly, semi-sentient hybrid of strogg, human, and a wild alien, created this peculiar beast, nicknamed Techhound. Combining human’s gunslinger skills and alien’s toxic spit, which somehow healed the ones, considered friendly to this creature, it became a deadly, almost unkillable dog of war, which was able to eliminate the entire Earth marine platoon on its own. Without hesitation, Icon of Sin snatched this creature, somehow earned it’s loyalty, and now uses it for both defensive and offensive operations against UAC.
Role: Support/Suppressor
M1: A shotgun-like nailgun
M2: A green slime, which heals allies and poisons enemies
A defensive support who packs a punch. Provides average but constant heal to his teammeates, while also able to poison enemies. His nailgun is poor at offence, but blossoms in defense playing. Just stay behind your teammeates, heal them and barrage enemy with nine inch nails!
Tchernobog:
«This creature calls itself a god, but it’s powers aren’t even half as wide as mine. No surprise his megalomania brought him death in many timelines. Although, I must keep an eye on him – he’s vile and tricky, totally thinks something on his own. »
Being an overwhelmingly powerful deity for centuries makes you bored and careless. Maybe that’s what made Tchernobog to make his strange plan real – betray his most loyal cultist, charge him with hatred, make him collect the powers of god’s servants, and then turn him into a bloody, glorious sacrifice. Everything was going well, until one day Tchernobog sensed something much more powerful, ancient and violent, than he was. From the darkness of the universe, the Icon of Sin’s visage appeared, speaking directly to the dark god, telling him his inevitable fate. Shocked by the power of that creature, Tchernobog had no reason not to believe it – maybe his plan was too reckless after all? Without hesitation, Cabal’s leader made a deal with Icon of Sin – his life in exchange of loyalty, with far-reaching plans of turning this situation to his side. If only he knew, that his most feared enemy – Caleb – has already joined the eternal multiverse war… Nevertheless, the Icon of Sin’s visage was distorted by a vile smile – now it can manipulate even the so-called gods.
Role: Bulletsponge
M1: Three powerful fireballs
M2: Hitscan AoE stream
When an enemy dies, heals you for 100 HP
Big boy with big health. Some kind of a bulletsponge mini-boss. The toughest class in the game (for a moment of writing that), but also the most vulnerable due to his LARGE hitbox. Has attacks that are effective both in close and open areas, while his sacrifice system allows you to stay in a fight longer. May have problems with fitting in some tight places, which blocks certain areas for him.
Triple:
«As strong as it is, this thing is only a shadow of humanity. It is truly impressive, how even a dim silhouette of my enemy might be such powerful. »
A horrific being, created by The Mother – a monstrous cosmic entity, which is famous for regularly birthing dreadful monsters. Icon of Sin was lucky to find this thing first, securing and using it to replenish it’s multiversal army with new creatures. The first one was an abomination later named Triple – a formless, intelligent pile of slime with the ability to consume living and synthetic creatures and mimic their forms. Shortly after it’s birth, Triple was fed by the Icon of Sin with a numerous humans and their automats – for some reason, she (yes, Triple is a female) liked that type of food the most. As well as constantly talking about philosophical questions and her beloved mother. Now, taking forms of the most deadly humans and robots she consumed, Triple fights alongside the other Icon’s beasts, proving that humans are the real monsters.
Role: All-rounder
M1: Morphs into a powerful melee warrior
M2: Morphs into a fast marksman
R: Morphs into a flying drone, whose attacks slow enemies down
Uses M2 to unmorph. Can heal only in her true form.
A jack-of-all-trades, but master of none. Average at tanking, melee and range combat, mobility and even a bit of support, but excels at nothing. The strength of Triple is an ability to adapt to almost any combat situation. Although her weak body won't last long without support.
Grotesque:
«As strong as they are, humans are the most disunited creatures I’ve ever seen. If one day they all unite under a single banner – nothing in the Universe will ever stop them. »
An example of humanity’s cruelty – this creature was an old man, whose name is long forgotten. Life was tough in a world that was stuck in a middle ages and flooded with monstrous creatures of all sorts, and many people would die, if there were no one like him – a mysterious witch doctor, who saved lots of lives with his questionable, but extremely effective medical skills. That was until new rulers took their place and declared an extremely cruel law – all so-called mages, witch doctors and sorcerers are considered heretics and deserve only one fate – death. Unfortunately for this old man, he was the first victim of a new tyranny. His house was thrashed by a soldiers he saved a day before, his existence was declared as “impure”, and his life was finished brutally and bloody. They ripped of his hands, smashed his legs with a sledgehammer, and left him to die under the night sky. At first, he screamed for help, but nobody answered. He saved so many lives, but no one tried to save him. Therefore, he hated his entire race: cursing every human for their indifference and lies. And that’s where an Icon of Sin showed up – giving the old man a little spark of a demonic power. Fed by his hatred and anger, it grew into a flame, twisting the former witch doctor’s body and mind. That was the last day of this town – not a single soul survived the slaughter, caused by a mysterious flying monster, which came out of nowhere. And so Grotesque was born – an entity of a concentrated misanthropy, following the Icon of Sin in it’s eternal war against UAC.
Role: Aerial bombardier
M1: Devastating energy bomb
M2: Repulsion blast, which deflects projectiles and knocks enemies back
A flying bomber with a "get the fuck away from my face!" function. Can deal unspeakable amounts of damage, but has a long cooldown between his shots. He also becomes immobile while firing, making him a VERY vulnerable target. So, positioning is the key - if you'll manage to hit the crowd of enemies, you'll totally spoil their day. Additionally, he can reflect projectiles and push enemies back, making him a good strategical unit.
Most of the maps have something special about them, which’ll allow your team to gain an advantage over your enemy.
Here’s a list of maps:
IMM01 – Neon knights on mushrooms (by TheSkyBug)
«A marvelous place. Rectangular and plain. It may serve me as a good bridgehead for my army… But what is that strange image of a dancing creature? Is this some sort of an… Icon? »
A test map, which was remade into a more playable form. There’s nothing special about it – it’s a giant room filled with some vertical and horizontal obstacles with no interactions. Pretty simple, but seems to be fun. It’s based on my personal love to neon and DM Dokuro’s music (which I HIGHLY recommend to check out!)
PRAISE THE PERFECT ONE
IMM02 – Waterworks carnage (by Nomakh Thunder)
«An iron fortress in the middle of an ocean world. The process of it’s alteration was brutally stopped by my greatest enemy – UAC. I need these water resources for my plan, and that means I must perish those dirty intruders. »
A complex, big map with lots of connections between two bases. If you’ve ever player TF2, you’ll probably figure out what was the main inspirer for this map – the infamous 2fort. But instead of protecting you intelligence, you must protect the switch in the center of your base. Why? Well, because enemy can activate it and flood your base with… Barrels. I’ve never said that it was a logical map! So, hunt down your enemies, conquer their base and make the barrels rain!
Known bugs:
Lightning wizard may stuck inside a wall if sector has a non-zero height, when you’ll teleport into it from a specific angle (about 60-90 degrees). Occurs rarely and you’re still able to teleport away.
Here's some screenoshots. Thay aren't too informative anyway, better play the mod and see what it is yourself.
Also note: mod is still in development. There will be new maps and classes in a future (currently I really need new maps), so stay tuned!

Special thanks:
ChillrendVN aka Virao Nash – for his AMAZING sprite works! (Check out his topic: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=10161 )
Nomakh Thunder – for morale help and creating the IMM02 map.
All the people listed in CREDITS file – thank you for creating so much resources!

Version history. For those interested:
v0.20:
First public release.

v0.21:
-Souls hitboxes were made bigger, so you don't have to snipe them with your USE button;
-Grotesque's M2 no shows proper obituary and cannot kill friendlies. Also it's damage was slightly reduced;
-Lightning wizard's HP, damage and speed were reduced;
-IMM01 now has the light turned on, so it's no more a blind and drunk brawl in a nighclub;
-Ogre's M2 damage was increased to make it more rewarding;
-Lots, I mean LOTS, of changes to Sweetheart:
1. Her optic scope now has a proper position;
2. Her HP and speed were slightly reduced;
3. Her sniper rifle now deals MUCH less damage. Also scoped shots leave a trail of particles, so you can digest her position;
4. Damage of her knife was DOUBLED. Yes. Now she's much more rewarding in a risky melee fight;
5. Smokebomb cooldown increased, so you can't spam it;
So, consider Sweetheart to be slightly reworked.
-Tank's M1 doesn't slow him anymore. His movespeed was slightly reduced to compensate it;
-Also Tank's plasma damage slightly increased;
-Triple's damage in all forms was slightly increased;
-Triple now slowly regenerates health in her true form;
-Fixed: Triple was silent in her marksman and drone form;
-Fixed: IMM02 had an unpassable small towers and an incorrectly working jumppad. No more!
Last edited by TheSkyBug on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

haruko haruhara123

Clan: https://discord.gg/k
Clan Tag: [hhdc]

[WIP] Re: Inhuman Monstrosity - A class-based Teamgame

Post by haruko haruhara123 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:53 pm

this is quite cool i like the weapons alot are there more or i have idfa the weapons ?

TheSkyBug
New User

Post by TheSkyBug » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:05 pm

haruko haruhara123 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:53 pm
this is quite cool i like the weapons alot are there more or i have idfa the weapons ?
IDFA won't give you any weapons, since they're not binded to a slots (no need for it). Basically, 12 classes and 2 maps are all that is present here for now (along with a soul mechanic), but still the mod seems to be pretty funny. Surely, I'll be adding more stuff over time - especially the maps - I just need to test how it plays with more than 3-4 people on the server, so I decided to release it now.

TheSkyBug
New User

Post by TheSkyBug » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Okay, so, after a few days of public testing, here's the first update - version 0.21 is out!
Changes:
-Souls hitboxes were made bigger, so you don't have to snipe them with your USE button;
-Grotesque's M2 no shows proper obituary and cannot kill friendlies. Also it's damage was slightly reduced;
-Lightning wizard's HP, damage and speed were reduced;
-IMM01 now has the light turned on, so it's no more a blind and drunk brawl in a nighclub;
-Ogre's M2 damage was increased to make it more rewarding;
-Lots, I mean LOTS, of changes to Sweetheart:
1. Her optic scope now has a proper position;
2. Her HP and speed were slightly reduced;
3. Her sniper rifle now deals MUCH less damage. Also scoped shots leave a trail of particles, so you can digest her position;
4. Damage of her knife was DOUBLED. Yes. Now she's much more rewarding in a risky melee fight;
5. Smokebomb cooldown increased, so you can't spam it;
So, consider Sweetheart to be slightly reworked.
-Tank's M1 doesn't slow him anymore. His movespeed was slightly reduced to compensate it;
-Also Tank's plasma damage slightly increased;
-Triple's damage in all forms was slightly increased;
-Triple now slowly regenerates health in her true form;
-Fixed: Triple was silent in her marksman and drone form;
-Fixed: IMM02 had an unpassable small towers and an incorrectly working jumppad. No more!
Tell me: do you like what you see? If interested, ofcourse. Your feedback is extremely important for me!