[FINAL] Blackened Deathmatch (v1 Release)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
LacedCase
Registered just to make one post

[FINAL] Blackened Deathmatch (v1 Release)

Post by LacedCase » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello! This is my first post at Zandronum and my first "true" release. I've been playing Doom since I was around 4 years old and I've been making maps for over a decade. I was part of the Skulltag community until its demise. I continued making maps and I've made this deathmatch wad in the past 12 months.

These levels are the culmination of the best level design work I've completed since 2010, brought up to a visual standard that enhances the gameplay, memorability, and fun of each environment.

Play alone in the campaign with pre-defined Skulltag/Zandronum bots (or define your own in an offline skirmish), or play with friends and strangers. Each arena is medium/large-sized to accompany a range of 2-10+ players. It may get chaotic at larger player counts, so I recommend increasing the Frag Limit to something like 100 when setting up your match.
  • 10 brand new deathmatch levels
  • New campaign added to the New Game menu for getting into the fun as quickly as possible
  • Original theme music when booting up the WAD
  • Custom midis for most levels featuring some of my favorite songs and bands
  • New "win" and "lose" tracks that metalheads will surely enjoy
  • A new Pentagram Quad-Damage power-up that fits with the Doom lore and gives max health and armor (Move over Q from Quake and Doomsphere from Skulltag)
  • Revisit your favorite weapons from Skulltag: the minigun, the grenade launcher, and the railgun!
  • Altered color palette for much better blues
  • Custom textures you're used to seeing, and brand new custom textures that mesh with vanilla Doom textures
  • Custom decorations that are Doom lore friendly
  • Ambient sounds designed to make the world feel more alive compared to the majority of other multiplayer Doom WADs
  • A few classic sounds replaced due to them being boring/quiet or over-played (I'm looking at you Plasma Rifle)
Download here at itch.io:

https://lacedcase.itch.io/blackened-dm

Why itch.io? I'm interested in analytics and it will be easier to manage there long-term. I'm also cross-posting from my website, facebook, etc so itch.io gives me a centralized location.

View Trailer Here:
phpBB [media]

View Screenshots Here:
Spoiler: (Open)

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[FINAL] Re: Blackened Deathmatch (v1 Release)

Post by Tiger » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 pm

I cannot play it presently, but judging by the screenshots - it looks really nice! Great work!
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

ASCiiDiTY

Post by ASCiiDiTY » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:43 pm

Nice work. I don't see the rail gun or grenade launcher though? Also what are preferred server settings for this?

EDIT: ah they are not on every level, ignore that. It plays well, and sounds great! :)

EDIT2: I get this in console: Unknown patch 'DBDRICK8' in texture 'DBDRICK8'

Seiat

Post by Seiat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:21 am

Hey LacedCase, I rocked this today and it was some good old fashioned DM fun. Some of the maps seemed a bit too open in certain areas, but it was fun enough to shrug it off. I didn't play all the maps but I thought the ones I did play looked pretty good.
Did find a small bug in one of the maps though.
Spoiler: what you have going on under the floor here (Open)
Spoiler: is making an invisible wall that blocks players here (Open)
I'm guessing the linedef for the grate was marked as impassable, easy fix would be to set the line's special to line identification or translucent line or something to set the flag for 3D Mid texture.