Super Doom64 - Doom 64-Style Partial Conversion (New Release)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Echo
Forum Regular
Clan: Red Bullet Pact
Clan Tag: [RBP]

RE: Super Doom64 - Doom 64-Style Partial Conversion (New Release)

Post by Echo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Qent/Terminus are right; I've used this 'division is awesome' thing before (during Ye Olde Skulltag days) for a custom Plasma Rifle and it's a fucking wonderful workaround.
H ELLO AM 48 YEAR MAN FROM SOMALIA. SORRY FOR BAD ENGLAND. I SELLED MY WIFE FOR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR PLAY AND I WANT TO BECOME THE GOODEST PLAYER LIKE YO U

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular
Clan: Shadow Mavericks
Clan Tag: [SM]

Post by StrikerMan780 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
StrikerMan780 wrote:Floating-point angles are not valid in Zandronum for DECORATE spawning functions. Only in the latest (G)ZDoom. In Zandro, the game will accept them, but in-game the values are rounded to whole numbers.
That's incorrect. On both counts.

Like Qent said, I mis-typed it as 100 instead of 100.0, but it does and will work.
It's not. Try this:

BLAH A 1 A_FireCustomMissile(etc, etc, etc, frandom(-10.0, 10.0), etc.)

Zandronum will quit.

Echo
Forum Regular

Post by Echo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm

StrikerMan780 wrote:
It's not. Try this:

BLAH A 1 A_FireCustomMissile(etc, etc, etc, frandom(-10.0, 10.0), etc.)

Zandronum will quit.
StrikerMan780 wrote: BLAH A 1 A_FireCustomMissile(etc, etc, etc, frandom(-10.0, 10.0), etc.)
StrikerMan780 wrote: frandom(-10.0, 10.0)
StrikerMan780 wrote: frandom
NNMMMNNNGGHHH NNGHHMMGGHH
H ELLO AM 48 YEAR MAN FROM SOMALIA. SORRY FOR BAD ENGLAND. I SELLED MY WIFE FOR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR PLAY AND I WANT TO BECOME THE GOODEST PLAYER LIKE YO U

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:45 pm

frandom means "float random". If division works for projectiles like what's being said, then fine... though I find it not to be all that clean. Hate having to use workarounds, and sick of Zandronum being nearly 3 or 4 years out of date with ZDoom aside from cherry-picked features.

Anyhow, why argue the point? I'm not using projectiles for the bullet weapons, and that is final. It fucks over unlagged.
Last edited by StrikerMan780 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Forum Regular

Post by Echo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 pm

StrikerMan780 wrote: frandom means "float random". If division works for projectiles like what's being said, then fine... though I find it not to be all that clean. Hate having to use workarounds, and sick of Zandronum being nearly 3 or 4 years out of date with ZDoom aside from cherry-picked features.

Anyhow, why argue the point? I'm not using projectiles for the bullet weapons, and that is final. It fucks over unlagged.
I know what frandom is. But you can't use it with projectiles, which is where the magical division with random workaround comes into play:

Code: Select all

PLSG A 4 A_FireCustomMissile ("PlasmaBall", (random(120,-120)/100.0), 1, 0, 0, 0, (random(120,-120)/100.0))
It's not rocket science.

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Not saying it's rocket science, and I understand what you guys are saying...

(though I did miss it on the first post, sorry, I read things but my brain doesn't always register what is there.)

But doing something like that is just annoying to me... I'm obsessive compulsive as fuck and any sort of workaround and/or inconsistency is like a nail grinding in the side of my skull. It may work the same all fine and dandy, but knowing in the back of my head it's a hack/"isn't the way it should be" makes me want to claw my scalp off in bloody, meaty ribbons.

(In ZDoom, using frandom(-14.0, 14.0) gives a projectile the same spread as a hitscan attack with 14 as it's spread. It's simple, and consistent. Anything outside of the conventions I'm used to, throws me off later down the road. I know, I'm fucking weird.)

Btw, ZDoom does allow frandom on projectiles, but Zandronum no. Zandro doesn't even recognize frandom since it's based on a ZDoom revision before it was implemented. I'm hoping Zandro 1.1 testing can pick up so that it can get released soon and then focus changed to getting Zandro up-to-date.

Anyhow, I know I'm a neurotic, nervous wreck of a borderline schizophrenic piece of shit who should probably just shoot himself, but that's just how I am... for now at least... I'm not exactly in the best state of mind lately. It's been more than a bit rough... I've hardly been working on this in the last week or so as it is. (Physical illness, Paranoia, Mental Exhaustion, etc. I really need a doctor but I'm having no luck.)
Last edited by StrikerMan780 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 pm

A more up-to-date version of this mod is now on Github. I'll add some batch file that'll allow one to compile a copy if you use the Github Client later down the road.

For now, here's the link: https://github.com/StrikerMan780/Super-Doom-64

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:04 am

A batch file for building the PK3 is now available on the GitHub repository. It automatically applies a revision number to the filename and whatnot. The GitHub client is required to get it to work, however.

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 am

This project can be considered cancelled, along with all my other projects. It's obvious I'm not welcome in the community. I don't feel comfortable here, constantly fearing that even the smallest expression will set people off and incur their wrath. I also don't feel comfortable in a community where shitlords can run rampant while other tag-alongs are glued to their dick doing the same shit. No more SD64, no more GoldenEye TC, no Sabbat Martyr update, no SMMP, and no more random ACS/Decorate contributions to peoples' various projects, nothing. Not worth it.
Last edited by StrikerMan780 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 am

StrikerMan780 wrote: This project can be considered cancelled, along with all my other projects. It's obvious I'm not welcome in the community. I don't feel comfortable here, constantly fearing that the slightest thing will set people off and incur the wrath of others. No more SD64, no more GoldenEye TC, no Sabbat Martyr update, no SMMP, and no more random ACS/Decorate contributions to peoples' various projects, nothing.
Lol

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular

Post by StrikerMan780 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 am

Requesting lock.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 am

Get a damn room you too. Cut it out.

I'm not locking this.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:03 pm

StrikerMan780 wrote: I've hardly been working on this in the last week or so as it is. (Physical illness, Paranoia, Mental Exhaustion, etc. I really need a doctor but I'm having no luck.)
Yeah, guys, really a good idea, picking on a mentally troubled modder that just so happened to be letting in a breath of fresh air to this incredibly large community that has enough of mods on its own and certainly doesnt need any more! With the amount of constructive criticism you are providing, I'm sure it will hasten the process of turning this work-in-progress into perfectly-playable-diamond to the point we will be able to play it tommorow morning.
I'm not saying he should get a golden ticket or something, but that maybe, just maybe, you should try being a wee bit more polite while pointing out someone else's mistakes. A wee bit.[/size]
Last edited by CloudFlash on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm only locking this because people can't see when to not continue things.