[ALPHA] Zandronum Weapon Shop for Chillax

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Spaikou
New User

[ALPHA] Zandronum Weapon Shop for Chillax

Post by Spaikou » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:45 am

:rolleyes: I'm new to scripting in Zandronum
So i would like to have some assistance

The idea started when i was playing alot in a Zdaemon server,Everytime a map ends players are sent to the Shop map it had weapons,inventory items,Ammo,Mega Items,Super Weapons,Upgrades and even a Bank system!

I tried asking to the creator of the wad to make a conversion for zandronum but he refused,so now im planning to recreate it but i need your help to get started

Please help

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

[ALPHA] Re: Zandronum Weapon Shop for Chillax

Post by madcat » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm

So, you want an addon that would make all the "normal maps" exit into a "shop map" where players could buy stuff? I believe I can help you with but I need some more info - like

1 - where does the player get money? do monsters drop it? and if so, is it vanilla doom monsters?
2 - Upgrades? What exactly is upgraded - weapons?
3 - Bank system? Could you explain more?
4 - Do you want the player to be able to sell stuff as well?

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 am

I like that idea.
Some maps were impossible to do, so i toyed with Chillax myself too.
Some pits that are unescapable, i changed it into at least survivable.
I also made upgradable weapons...for some that is.

I can't upload it, or share it, because i did not ask for any approval from the rightious owner....
But im interested in this idea.

EDIT: I never tried a buy or shop element...

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Is this what you had in mind? This wadfile makes the player enter a map99 after exiting any other map ( for now its only the first 5 maps ).
In map99, which is supposed to be the "shop" ( so far there are only some pickups ), there is an area that teleports the player into the next map ( again, only works for the first 5 maps ).

For now I use a MAPINFO that removes any custom map names, music and skies, but I can also make a version that does not change any of those - but at the cost of the player having to visit any map he/she goes to twice in the following fashion:

First, the player enters the map.
Game waits for 1 second.
Second, the player gets teleported into the shop
Third - after exiting the Shop the player is taken back to the map ( but this process does not repeat )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32gv1jjkqerts ... .wad?raw=1

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:42 am

madcat wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm
For now I use a MAPINFO that removes any custom map names, music and skies, but I can also make a version that does not change any of those - but at the cost of the player having to visit any map he/she goes to twice...
You could also use a special XLAT lump to go a step further and make it work for any mapset (except UDMF maps, but there's hardly any available for Zandro anyways) without requiring any special setup.

Varied Doom has an example, check the MAPINFO and ACS script: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9704
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

Spaikou
New User

Post by Spaikou » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:43 am

madcat wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm
So, you want an addon that would make all the "normal maps" exit into a "shop map" where players could buy stuff? I believe I can help you with but I need some more info - like

1 - where does the player get money? do monsters drop it? and if so, is it vanilla doom monsters?
2 - Upgrades? What exactly is upgraded - weapons?
3 - Bank system? Could you explain more?
4 - Do you want the player to be able to sell stuff as well?
1.monsters drop it,both vanilla and custom monsters/bosses

2.Speed upgrade,Damage Upgrade,Damage Resistance upgrade

3.After Finishing the map,player has collected money and map changes to shop,Player goes to the Bank Room and Deposits the money,Money is saved then the player can leave the game and come back sometime soon.
When the player comes back to the server,Withdraws the money then buys all the stuff he needs then goes to the "Teleport Zone" along with other players,Map changes from shop to the next level.

4.Yes,When arriving the shop the player also has collected weapons,ammo and armor.The Player can sell those for extra money,i want my shop mod to be a little different by adding a Blood Donation(Selling health for extra cash,Only sell health when before leaving the server or else only 1hp is left)

Spaikou
New User

Post by Spaikou » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm

madcat wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm
Is this what you had in mind? This wadfile makes the player enter a map99 after exiting any other map ( for now its only the first 5 maps ).
In map99, which is supposed to be the "shop" ( so far there are only some pickups ), there is an area that teleports the player into the next map ( again, only works for the first 5 maps ).

For now I use a MAPINFO that removes any custom map names, music and skies, but I can also make a version that does not change any of those - but at the cost of the player having to visit any map he/she goes to twice in the following fashion:

First, the player enters the map.
Game waits for 1 second.
Second, the player gets teleported into the shop
Third - after exiting the Shop the player is taken back to the map ( but this process does not repeat )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32gv1jjkqerts ... .wad?raw=1
Map99?more like map00
I plan to have my server reach "Over 100 Maps!"