All Out War 2: Zeta Project [Looking for someone to take this over]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: All Out War 2: Zeta Project [Looking for someone to take this over]

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Were the memory leaks fully resolved? I'm guessing there were several embedded within the ACS.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Ænima wrote:Yas.

Code: Select all

function void doLongShot(int who, int fdist)
{
	if(fdist>>16 < minLongShotRange) return;
	int msg;
	setactivator(who + 3800);
	int dDist = fdist >> 16;
	acs_executealways(6610, 0, 1, dDist, 0);
}
That's it, right?
Ohhh that's what you meant by a_sprees. Yes, when the player dies a dummy actor gets spawned and the distance is checked from that and the killer.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Were the memory leaks fully resolved? I'm guessing there were several embedded within the ACS.
From the public testing sessions, there were no memory leaks that I noticed.

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind taking this and just stripping the stuff you added. From the looks of the commits, it seems that everything that really needed to happen like bug fixes and glitches were done last. And the map edits... none that really break the map but they just didn't need to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, new classes like Mortarier and Advanced Sniper (which is basically copy-pasted from Cata-Wepz) should be gone. And bullet proof on Gatling Gun? Oh dear...

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 am

jdagenet wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind taking this and just stripping the stuff you added. From the looks of the commits, it seems that everything that really needed to happen like bug fixes and glitches were done last. And the map edits... none that really break the map but they just didn't need to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, new classes like Mortarier and Advanced Sniper (which is basically copy-pasted from Cata-Wepz) should be gone. And bullet proof on Gatling Gun? Oh dear...
Do whatever, I don't care.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Yo just to clarify are you handing this over to me when you're finished? I sent you a pm on IRC and I never heard anything back so...

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 am

You heard the mans last post, take it and say "I made it"

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:04 am

jdagenet wrote: As far as I'm concerned, new classes like Mortarier and Advanced Sniper (which is basically copy-pasted from Cata-Wepz) should be gone. And bullet proof on Gatling Gun? Oh dear...
Just to clarify, it's bullet resistant armor which was made separate from bullet-proof. In Omega, a couple of classes ACTUALLY had bulletproof which was fucking retarded. So I split it into bullet resistance for the classes and bulletproof for the crate. If I recall correctly the class armor only gives 25% or 30% resistance whereas other armor types give 40% resistance; and bulletproof (only obtainable from the crate) was set to 60% resistance or so. This was also a way to make machinegun and gatling gun useful since they're outclassed pretty badly by gunman (somehow that's always been a problem on this mod for so many years).

With my experience playing AOW I can safely say this project was not only heading in the right direction but almost fully playable as it was, so, by all means, get rid of new stuff that you believe won't be positive additions, but look through them a bit more carefully before you do so.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

jdagenet wrote:Yo just to clarify are you handing this over to me when you're finished? I sent you a pm on IRC and I never heard anything back so...
Sorry, I've been rather busy for the past week.

To be more clear, I am indeed done working on this. I'm not specifically handing it over to you, but rather handing it to everyone. So by all means, make whatever you want with it but keep in mind it's not just you who has permission to edit the project. Just toss my and SG's name somewhere in the credits and we're good :wink:. I'm at your disposal if you have any questions regarding the project as long as the acs source stays open.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 am

uh oh patch-master got his hands on aow2 too. skulltag to be under his rule? (multiverse save us)

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 am

Well since this mod contains a lot of important bug fixes, how about making a fix to solve the issue of a lot of whiny and salty players in the servers? There are like 2 handfuls of players that get easily upset after they lose and try to have a Dr. Phil session analyzing the match....

It's pretty bad and I've played compet across all 3 mp ports...

k4r4t3k4n4k4s

Post by k4r4t3k4n4k4s » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 am

So, just came here to say it's nice to see a working AOW version with ACS intact. I've tried it out in Zan 3.0 and most seems to be working.

There are some newer version of maps with fixes included on [TX] Grandvoid server which should be included here as well (and I'm also working on some more fixes). If anyone wants to take this over I'll help you mapping. Just contact me on IRC.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:25 pm

k4r4t3k4n4k4s wrote:So, just came here to say it's nice to see a working AOW version with ACS intact. I've tried it out in Zan 3.0 and most seems to be working.

There are some newer version of maps with fixes included on [TX] Grandvoid server which should be included here as well (and I'm also working on some more fixes). If anyone wants to take this over I'll help you mapping. Just contact me on IRC.
I advise not making a map for your own sake. The newer maps tend to never get played and are quickly voted, however if you're really feeling up to it then there's nothing stopping you. As for fixes to existing maps, this is a must. Once I was finished with the coding side of the mod I was going to open up the maps and fix some slight graphical and visual bugs as well, but if you have some fixes of your own then feel free to shoot me a PM here or on IRC and I'll take a look.

k4r4t3k4n4k4s

Post by k4r4t3k4n4k4s » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks for the thought. Yes, the community are unhappy assholes. But in the pack running on Grandvoid now I already have 2 good, 2 decent and 2 bad maps running. :)

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:23 am

jdagenet code in a way for me to lose cuz i dont remember what losing feels like...

ARGENTVM

Post by ARGENTVM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:jdagenet code in a way for me to lose cuz i dont remember what losing feels like...
Time for an autobalance exception...

loismustdie555
New User

Post by loismustdie555 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:43 pm

You still looking for someone to take over production of the mod? I'd be happy to lend a hand and do so. I need projects to work on anyway.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 am

So we got around to testing this in a small game and man oh man, theres a lot of bugs -- bugs I never even knew existed. At one point it got so bad that something corrupted in the ACS and was flooding console...

I was under the impression that Catastrophe had gotten "really close to fixing everything", but from the looks of it there's still a long way to go here before this has the privilege of being called a "beta". There were a few bugs that I came across that I fixed and I did make changes to some of the weapons and items for example, but I'm really not sure what should happen to this. At this point I'm not sure if it'd be easier to start fixing one of the Omega builds and branching from that -- I don't know.

Regardless, this is going to take a team to pull off if people really want AOW on Zandronum 3.0. I'd like AOW to stick around as long as possible because it's personally one of my favorite mods out there, but it's going to require some intense work.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:07 am

jdagenet wrote:So we got around to testing this in a small game and man oh man, theres a lot of bugs -- bugs I never even knew existed. At one point it got so bad that something corrupted in the ACS and was flooding console...

I was under the impression that Catastrophe had gotten "really close to fixing everything", but from the looks of it there's still a long way to go here before this has the privilege of being called a "beta". There were a few bugs that I came across that I fixed and I did make changes to some of the weapons and items for example, but I'm really not sure what should happen to this. At this point I'm not sure if it'd be easier to start fixing one of the Omega builds and branching from that -- I don't know.

Regardless, this is going to take a team to pull off if people really want AOW on Zandronum 3.0. I'd like AOW to stick around as long as possible because it's personally one of my favorite mods out there, but it's going to require some intense work.
What went wrong?
At this point I'm not sure if it'd be easier to start fixing one of the Omega builds and branching from that -- I don't know
Good luck coding a menu.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:17 pm

jdagenet wrote:So we got around to testing this in a small game and man oh man, theres a lot of bugs -- bugs I never even knew existed. At one point it got so bad that something corrupted in the ACS and was flooding console...
If you're talking about "TID: %d WHAT: %D TTEAM: %d" things those are called debugs, not corruptions...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Ivan wrote:
If you're talking about "TID: %d WHAT: %D TTEAM: %d" things those are called debugs, not corruptions...
Point is that it's not normal behavior and it shouldn't be happening. Debug or not, it was still flooding the console.