Zandronum 1.0

Old and outdated news.
Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Zandronum 1.0

Post by Konar6 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 am

It should be in the same directory as zandronum.exe. Its name is zandronum-<your Windows login name>.ini. If your OS is configured to hide known file extensions, it would be missing the .ini part. Watch out for that.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Turned off "Hide known file extensions", and I still can't seem to be able to find the file.
Using windows 7 by the way.
Want to know how to run faster? Check this out!

Zandronum Duel Championships

GhosTDoomer
New User

Post by GhosTDoomer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Torr Samaho,
Yeah, that's right, I was able, thanks)

[D_A]Kherr

Post by [D_A]Kherr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Torr Samaho wrote: Zandronum 1.0 comes with this file, it should be in the same directory as zandronum.exe.
Thanks, I seem to be derping pretty bad of late. >.>'
Hey look, a signature!

elmo

Post by elmo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm

guys i need help my nortan says theses a threat and automaticly deletes the installer

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:16 pm

elmo wrote: guys i need help my nortan says theses a threat and automaticly deletes the installer
Uninstall norton -> get avast

[D_A]Kherr

Post by [D_A]Kherr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
elmo wrote: guys i need help my nortan says theses a threat and automaticly deletes the installer
This, except I recommend (as a free solution) Avira, not Avast.
Hey look, a signature!

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Nati46 wrote: Turned off "Hide known file extensions", and I still can't seem to be able to find the file.
Using windows 7 by the way.
The ini file most likely is in Appdata>Local>Virtual Store>Program Files> Zandronum. This is where I found mine by itself.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 am

Razgriz wrote:The ini file most likely is in Appdata>Local>Virtual Store>Program Files> Zandronum. This is where I found mine by itself.
What the fuck? Does Win7 actually do that?

Good lord mine just sits where I unzipped Zan, Vista ftw

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 am

Medicris wrote:
Razgriz wrote:The ini file most likely is in Appdata>Local>Virtual Store>Program Files> Zandronum. This is where I found mine by itself.
What the fuck? Does Win7 actually do that?

Good lord mine just sits where I unzipped Zan, Vista ftw
I believe it happens with both when you use the installer.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 am

The installer's default is "C:\Program Files\Zandronum". It's just that for me, and I use Windows 7.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 am

I recommend installing it to simply C:\Zandronum. Windows 7 (and Vista too?) has problems with programs in Program Files modifying files in their own folders. Programs are "supposed" to put files they change into My Documents, not Program Files.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Uninstall avast -> Get NOD32

Anyway, My INI file is the zandronum folder 'cause I copied my old INI file from skulltag in there. It works fine and stuff. I haven't found any folders named zandronum in the virtualstore folder.
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm

dont uninstall your security program, just tell it in the settings not to scan the file at any time and dont do fuck to it, problems solved
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Boko

Post by Boko » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Finally, carns skulltag can stop taking away my users!

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Boko wrote: Finally, carns skulltag can stop taking away my users!
We can finally show our masterpiece drawings to the rest of the community.

skyrimguy

Post by skyrimguy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm

In Windows 7 64 bit, my INI file is located at: AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Zandronum

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Microsoft Microsoft...
All this Vista and 7 and whatever else makes it harder for users to manage their computers. I am an advanced PC user raised from DOS, Win 3.1, 95, ..., 7, and I can say that I wouldn't find the ini file if I were to use a non-Administrator account and let the installer deposit it in such awkward location...
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Empyre wrote: I recommend installing it to simply C:\Zandronum. Windows 7 (and Vista too?) has problems with programs in Program Files modifying files in their own folders. Programs are "supposed" to put files they change into My Documents, not Program Files.
Putting the ini file into the directory of the binary is what ZDoom is doing intentionally under Windows. To resolve the issues associated with this we could either break with ZDoom and let Zandronum put the ini under Vista/7 into a directory where it is allowed to write (like Documents or AppData/Roaming/) or let the installer default to C:\Zandronum. The former may confuse users though who are used to the old system.
Konar6 wrote: All this Vista and 7 and whatever else makes it harder for users to manage their computers.
With Vista Microsoft added proper support for multiple user accounts and also properly working non-admin accounts. Allowing a program run with non-admin rights to write to "Program Files" is a big security risk and Microsoft is right to deny programs with standard user rights to write there. What should they have done instead? Let the program crash when it tries to write to "Program Files"?

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Torr Samaho wrote: Putting the ini file into the directory of the binary is what ZDoom is doing intentionally under Windows. To resolve the issues associated with this we could either break with ZDoom and let Zandronum put the ini under Vista/7 into a directory where it is allowed to write (like Documents or AppData/Roaming/) or let the installer default to C:\Zandronum. The former may confuse users though who are used to the old system.
I'm not sure how easy it would be to convince the ZDoom developers to change in this regard. I'd be all for moving the ini to AppData (ZDoom does have a command line parameter to specify a ini location for the people who resist change), but I'm sure Graf would take the exact opposite stance. I can't exactly see Randy making the change, although I imagine him being indifferent. Might be worth creating a thread in the devdev over.