Zandronum 1.1

Old and outdated news.
Diode
New User

RE: Zandronum 1.1

Post by Diode » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 am

I'm using the skulltag_actors.pk3 from the installer, but I'm still getting wad mismatch errors on servers with skulltag _______ on them. I've cleared out all my folders thrice over.

No idea what's wrong.

someoneelse
Forum Regular

Post by someoneelse » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:38 am

maybe you have wrong skulltag_data
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:26 am

Have you tried other servers with skulltag_actors? It might be that the server you are trying to connect to has the wrong one, not you.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Kaminsky
Developer

Post by Kaminsky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Diode wrote: I'm using the skulltag_actors.pk3 from the installer, but I'm still getting wad mismatch errors on servers with skulltag _______ on them. I've cleared out all my folders thrice over.

No idea what's wrong.
A solution that could work is to use the full Zandronum Installer on your computer. Afterwards, you should update the skulltag_actors.pk3 file and place it accordingly with the rest of your skulltag files.

Diode
New User

Post by Diode » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 pm

I've finally fixed it, but honestly, I still have have no idea what the problem was.

I deleted all the downloaded wads and put the new skulltag_actors.pk3 in there - Nothing I hadn't done ten times already trying to get this to work.

Out of sheer paranoia, I went and deleted some backups of my skulltag pk3's that were in one of my 'sandbox' folders where I play around with SLADE and DoomBuilder, tried connecting to a server, and... it worked.

Now, I've looked and looked but I cannot for the life of me see any reason why it would have been looking in my sandbox folder, which is on a completely different drive. I don't see anything pointing to it in IDE, Doomseeker, or Zandronum, and I'd wiped all my settings for both several times over already.

If it wasn't the removal of those files that fixed it, then I've even less clue as to what fixed it, because I didn't do anything I hadn't done multiple times already.
Last edited by Diode on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 am

I noticed people are having problems with the new skulltag_actors file and servers.

The most effective way that I found to fix this problem is to find the locations of all the old _actors files (doom2 folders, ide folders, etc.) and replace them all with the new _actors.

Servers will look for the file in your wad directory and all path file locations that you have ide / doomseeker search in.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Diode
New User

Post by Diode » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:30 pm

I can't help but think that this problem would have been avoided if it had just been renamed 'skulltag_actors_1_1'.

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Diode wrote: I can't help but think that this problem would have been avoided if it had just been renamed 'skulltag_actors_1_1'.
Besides it being somewhat difficult to do this in the source, this problem is only temporary. Once the Doomseeker update is ready to go, Doomseeker will search the zandronum directory for skulltag_actors.pk3 first before looking anywhere else. In theory this should solve the problem for most people. (And hopefully those using IDE are technically inclined enough to figure out the problem on their own if bond doesn't do the same.)

I believe Zalewa pushed a beta update for Windows, so if you have the auto updates set to the beta channel this fix can be tested.
Last edited by Blzut3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Mike

Post by General Mike » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Good thing that Network Buffer Overflow issue was resolved that I encountered with 1.0.

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Disguise » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 am

A month late but, it's good to see it out finally! Good job!