Coffee & Tea TLMS ZDWars Champions

Archive of past matches
Watermelon
Zandrone

RE: ZDoom Wars Tournament *Team Anti Geeks joins*

Post by Watermelon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Savant wrote:

My patch would update the mana if your team mate dies to double; would that be okay? Repo/Savant are so disconnected from the community that they probably won't care if it's added.
We care and we're aware of everything that goes on.
Your idea wouldn't work very well anyway, I'd suggest simply restarting a match if someone disconnected from packet loss or time outs.
You guys are super disconnected or you'd have fixed some of the major issues by now with balance; mainly why I play other wads until you guys (if ever) get it to a functional balanced state. At least now maybe the community can get together and get a forked patch that will actually do something and make me consider playing TZDW again.

Restarting a match that has gone on for 30 minutes due to timeout won't work. That means pretty much every match will probably go to timeout: When losing, spam a million units to crash the server.
Now that the community is going to work together to make a patch, this should be way better than before.

Dark Wyvern

RE: ZDoom Wars Tournament *UPDATED/3TeamsLeft*

Post by Dark Wyvern » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm

As far for this tournament i have updated some things. We'll leave everything as it is. Everything as in any bugs, or mana lost, etc. And if one person is disconnected or timed out, it's simple, the other team HAS to spec. to be fair. If the case is 1 vs 1, then leave it as it is.
20:05:01 <Nautilus> dawson, you have the brain of a fucking chimpanzee in a coma
18:15:10 <Nautilus> I guess a doll could sorta give good practice

Savant
New User

RE: ZDoom Wars Tournament *3 Teams left to be filled*

Post by Savant » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Look man, for the past 3 months version 2.4 has been out and all you've been playing is 2.1 which does have some issues with it, that's 3 versions ago

you're not the spokes person for every single Zdwars player just because you don't agree with a couple things in the game.

I mean honestly I'd like to watch this tournament play out, but you're just going to end up breaking what you want to fix Banjoster already tried to do so and the results were terrible.

Edit: Also why not a rule, if you spam a million units to intentionally crash the server you're Dis-qualified?
Last edited by Savant on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Savant wrote: Your idea wouldn't work very well anyway.

So are you gonna tell us why?

Oh wait you don't know anything about coding.[/size]
Cyber: was chased by cowboys
Nautilus: Cowboys? more like a buncha kids chasing a fucking ice cream truck
UnixAssassin wrote: The definition of cheating is not this: Using an aim assisting tool in a game
BEST.EVER.
Teamspeak: WUMBO.CA

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

RE: UPDATED ZDoom Wars Tournament *2TeamsLeft*

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I honestly don't understand how ZDWars can possibly be competitive really. I only played one round of it and have seen a handful of videos, so excuse any ignorance on the matter, but isn't it basically: Spam as many monster spawns as you can, and avoid getting killed by your opponent's spawned enemies? Don't the players move pretty fast and can jump really high? So basically they could just run around forever dodging projectiles and prolonging a game indefinitely until they somehow manage to corner the opponent in some way and then spawn stuff around him to kill him?

And doesn't that whole "Don't needlessly spam" rule kind of negate the point of ZDWars? Defeating your opponent (in theory) with sheer numbers?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know that is basically how a ZDWars game goes right? Sounds kind of slow paced and dull if you ask me. :/

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 pm

It needs a proper balance patch because I do not approve of the steps the actual developers take, I'm not even sure if they are active or not. They just don't know how to balance things, must be because they don't play it often or ask around to their player base... Just let Watermelon release his balance patch and it should be all good.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

legion
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by legion » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Theshooter7 wrote: I honestly don't understand how ZDWars can possibly be competitive really. I only played one round of it and have seen a handful of videos, so excuse any ignorance on the matter, but isn't it basically: Spam as many monster spawns as you can, and avoid getting killed by your opponent's spawned enemies? Don't the players move pretty fast and can jump really high? So basically they could just run around forever dodging projectiles and prolonging a game indefinitely until they somehow manage to corner the opponent in some way and then spawn stuff around him to kill him?

And doesn't that whole "Don't needlessly spam" rule kind of negate the point of ZDWars? Defeating your opponent (in theory) with sheer numbers?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know that is basically how a ZDWars game goes right? Sounds kind of slow paced and dull if you ask me. :/
as long as something has been out for around an eon and a half then it usually can become competitive (have you seen all out war recently? its got like a bazillion clans for it now)

I would hesitate against making any sort of tournament at this moment when:
2.1 is balanced as a fat whore on a seesaw with a 110 pound nerd
2.4 is being hosted on oblaeck, whos admins seem keen to actually kick you from a game in progress if you're just a flighty kind of character
tlms on zdwars is just horrible.

you really should wait for the official build to come out before making any sort of competitive environment for zdwars

Razgriz
Forum Staff

RE: ZDoom Wars Tournament *3 Teams left to be filled*

Post by Razgriz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Savant wrote: you're not the spokes person for every single Zdwars player just because you don't agree with a couple things in the game.
Yes, but if he's considering joining while trying to make a patch that sounds like it would be a good idea for the tournament, I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm sure everyone joining the tournament would be fine with this, and if they're not, they can drop out. Simple.
Savant wrote: I mean honestly I'd like to watch this tournament play out, but you're just going to end up breaking what you want to fix Banjoster already tried to do so and the results were terrible.
Perhaps he will not break it, It wouldn't hurt to try.
Savant wrote:Edit: Also why not a rule, if you spam a million units to intentionally crash the server you're Dis-qualified?
This is a good idea, though it probably wont stop people from disconnecting because naturally there's going to be a ton of monsters by the 30 minute mark, good idea nonetheless.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Savant
New User

Post by Savant » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Legion nailed it on the head.

I mean really 2.1 is 7 months old now talk about being disconnected.

You guys are super disconnected or you'd have fixed some of the major issues by now with balance
Now this just isn't true and in fact directly contradicts Death Wyvern who earlier stated
Repo/Savant are disconnected, but they sometimes appear on the ZDoom Wars servers like yesterday. Repo is waiting for the Released Zandronum in order to release ZDWars v2.5.
Now see this guy knows the release schedule, and is a regular player so what is the point of trying to edit a 7 month old wad for balance when its already been done and improved 4 times?
Ivan wrote: It needs a proper balance patch because I do not approve of the steps the actual developers take, I'm not even sure if they are active or not.
I'm sorry that things are not as agreeable as they could be Avernus, admittedly Specter A has been a pain in everyone's ass and has had its DPS redone.

However as for the comment on activeness, just because were not in irc or actively post on forums doesn't mean we're not active.

You have admitted before you haven't played much for at least a year, I find it amusing that in the month that you three have returned to the game you feel you can suddenly call the shots on ZDW and that I wont tolerate.
Last edited by Savant on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Unless you changed over the past few days, whenever you make an update its when you rage because a class beat you and you nerf it.

No one plays on 2.4 because its on the worst cluster in existence: Oblacek
Why is it not on Grandvoid?

I also don't understand why people still play 3.2... there must be a problem with the game for that to happen.

This tournament will need a temporary fork which I'll take care of with the OP and ZDW players

Savant
New User

Post by Savant » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Watermelon wrote: Unless you changed over the past few days, whenever you make an update its when you rage because a class beat you and you nerf it.
I'm incredulous to the fact you actually posted that and continue to use personal attacks. We haven't spoken or communicated in anyway for almost a year.

Look man, this tournament doesn't need your patch, and yet again Death wyvern has already stated this.
Dark Wyvern wrote: As far for this tournament i have updated some things. We'll leave everything as it is. Everything as in any bugs, or mana lost, etc. And if one person is disconnected or timed out, it's simple, the other team HAS to spec. to be fair. If the case is 1 vs 1, then leave it as it is.
As for 2.4 not being on GV ask Konar, Its been out long enough and last I heard he had problems setting up ST with it, you're a mod there right? If you care enough you could have had it hosted already instead of blaming us.

Now please stop bashing myself, and Repoman, and either play the wad as it is, or don't I really don't care.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Hmm, I'm really not amazed at your coding NOR english skills. Oh well, we will go with the fork I guess, cya later buddeh.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Dark Wyvern

Post by Dark Wyvern » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Guys I don't wanna see any feud in any of us. It's just a game, the game can wait for whatever purposes attended to. And i updated the server decision. I will update the thread when i have the name. So Watermelon's "fixes" won't be necessary, but you can put on a GV server of your chose.
Last edited by Dark Wyvern on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20:05:01 <Nautilus> dawson, you have the brain of a fucking chimpanzee in a coma

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Savant wrote: Look man, this tournament doesn't need your patch, and yet again Death wyvern has already stated this.
Well considering Captain Ventris did most of the heavy work, we really don't need YOU specifically to fork it.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

TerminusEst13

RE: ZDW Tour. *1 Team Left*

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am

Savant has nothing to do with development. Implying or saying that he does and insulting him on it only makes you look bad.
isn't it basically: Spam as many monster spawns as you can, and avoid getting killed by your opponent's spawned enemies?
About as much as WhoDunIt is about Terminator with a knife. :P
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Wyvern

Post by Dark Wyvern » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 am

TerminusEst13 wrote: Savant has nothing to do with development. Implying or saying that he does and insulting him on it only makes you look bad.
isn't it basically: Spam as many monster spawns as you can, and avoid getting killed by your opponent's spawned enemies?
About as much as WhoDunIt is about Terminator with a knife. :P
Agreed with Terminus. Savant has nothing to do with the development.

Dark Wyvern

Post by Dark Wyvern » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:27 am

Sorry for the double post, but the final team is in. Team NWA is in good luck to all.
Also the brackets will hopefully be up later this day, so check it out to see your match! Enjoy! :)

TerminusEst13

RE: Closed ZDWars Tournament

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:34 am

Good luck to all the players!
I knew I should've joined in sooner. Oh well, I'll have fun watching.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Wyvern

Post by Dark Wyvern » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:38 am

TerminusEst13 wrote: Good luck to all the players!
I knew I should've joined in sooner. Oh well, I'll have fun watching.
Hey don't feel bad, since this tournament was a success so far, besides server pick, I'll gladly bring up a singles ZDWars tournament or even a 3 on 3 tournament.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am

Damn, couldn't get a team mate in time. Oh well, good luck to all participants. Hope to see another one of these set up at some point.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]