ZDA (Zandronum Duel Association)

Archive of past matches
Mathayus

ZDA (Zandronum Duel Association)

Post by Mathayus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Sup Zandronum. Long time. Mathayus here (known as Cecil to some), presents ZDA (Zandronum Duel Association). Zandronum Duel Association is a Duel League where various duelers compete for a trophy and prize money. ZDA goal is to provide a fun league for duelist while keeping the Zandronum duel community strong. The Grand PRIZE for 1st place in this Duel Association is a cash prize of $200.00 USD. 2nd Place prize will receive a cash prize of $100.00 USD. $5.00 extra bonus for players who have the most medals in the following categories: Excellent, Domination, Accuracy, First Frag, Incredible, Total Domination, and Precision. So the Grand Prize player could receive the maximum total of $235.00 USD! If you are interested in joining this Association, please READ THE RULES before registering.
Zandronum Duel Association RULES
If you ever watched NBA, then this shouldn't be difficult to grasp but if you have not, then please click the spoiler tag for information.
Spoiler: ZDA Rules (Open)
-Aliases are not allowed. If you have more than one nickname that is used on a regular basis, that's OK; a new nickname purely for the tourney will get you DQ.

-It is highly recommended that you include a messenger service as well as an email address in your contact details. They're free to get, and they will greatly increase the chances of getting your games played.

-Only sign up if you're sure you can play; we will not tolerate no-shows. Obviously we will be flexible if your internet goes down but do not sign yourself up if you know for a fact you're going to be on holiday for a good chunk of the month.

-If you fail to turn up for your game, you will be banned from the current tourney as well as the following one.

-You must contact your opponent ASAP after you find out who they are and arrange a time to play. If you miss your match and the other player turns up, the above rule applies. If neither player turns up, the above rule also applies.

-Post your scores in the tournament thread or PM them to a Tournament Administrator (Mathayus).

-Be sure to post on the forums at least once every round. If your match doesn't get played for whatever reason, then we have no record to what extent both of you tried to contact each other. The result will be a double DQ.

-Rematches are no longer allowed. If you have a problem during your match, speak to your opponent to arrange another time as soon as the problem becomes apparent.

-Tourney admin must be notified before the end of a round if extra time for playing your match is needed; Failure to do so will result in DQ.

-It is highly recommended that both players record demos and take screenshots of the game. It will be easier for the Admins to deal with disputes about matches if all the resources are with them.

-There will be a FRAGLIMIT of 50 in this Association.

-You will compete in a Regular Season and Playoffs (If your Standings resume looks good enough to qualify for Playoffs)

-You will play 2 games each during the season and will play a BO3 (Best of 3) during the playoffs.

-You will play a HOME/AWAY style in which you will be the HOME player and get to choose the map then you will be AWAY player which your opponent will choose the map. In total you play 2 games against your opponent. To decide who chooses first, high ping player chooses to be home or away.

-You collect points after your match. If you win a match, you are rewarded 1 point. If you lose a match you will receive 0 point.

-It is possible that when all games are played, some players will share the same amount of points going into the playoffs. In the event that players share the same amount of points, tiebreakers will occur by the total amount of frags each player has and strength of victory.

-You cannot play the same map twice in a row against your opponent. Meaning if <insert name> picks Judas23, then you cannot pick Judas23 for the next game.

-To prevent camping on D2M1 (Doom 2 Map01), it has been replaced with the Zddl version that has lava which comes up when switches are press to deal damage to the player camping on top ledge and outside area.

-You can select any map that you want to play. This tournament does not have a set map pool. Player friendly towards the maps.

-Playoff competition will follow a seeding style format.

-If Playoff rounds go to the third round/match both players must select the Random feature in the map and select Skip.

-Looking for atleast 8-16 players or more.

-Playoffs will feature either 8 or 16 players depending on player base

-Server will be on the NJ Funcrusher server

-Post screenshot/record demos of your victory/loses with the images of your medals by pressing the default "M" button on your keyboard

-Registration and practice: 3/15/2015 - 3/28/2015 11:59 P.M. EST (CLOSED)

-Schedule will be released after registration is closed.

-There is no set order to play your matches. When schedule is released, contact your opponent to schedule games.

-League will close before June 1st. Looking to award a winner by then.

-Payment will be sent via Paypal or Amazon. I will not do any other paying method. Former winners of my previous tournament, Demonsphere and Strangle can vouch for me as I am trustworthy.

WADs: Duel32f.pk3, zddl03patch, zandrospree
Players:
DMFLAGS1/2: 2823172 / 2360320
CompatFlags1/2: 2038381559 / 584
Tourney type: OS
Skill: 4 - NM
Fraglimit: 50
Timelimit: N/A
Server: [NJ] FUNCRUSHER ZDA
Spoiler: ZDA Standings (Open)
Spoiler: ZDA Schedule (Open)
Spoiler: ZDA Bracketology (Open)
Players
Mathayus
Alpha
im1hpu0
Shane
Dranzer
RoSKing
DemonSphere
one_Two
Avc
Ammar
Last edited by Mathayus on Sun May 31, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

RE: ZDA (Zandronum Duel Association)

Post by Hammerfest- » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 pm

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 am

Man I love that video...

Good luck with this Mathayus, If it's anything like the duel tourneys you ran on ZDaemon it'll be a great success.

Mathayus

Post by Mathayus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 am

@Hammerfest: This video Slyfox created still cracks me up. I haven't written anything in awhile.
@Samurai: I thank you for the support "Riverside" :) and I hope this be a success like the others on ZDaemon.
Oh and also I guess I'll be the first to register for my own league xD:

Code: Select all

Mathayus
United States
Weekends
ravenhenomura(at)gmail(dot)com and on irc.zandronum.com

Alpha_
Forum Regular

Post by Alpha_ » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:17 am

Alpha
New York
Any day after 7 pm est
irc.zandronum.com irc.zdaemon.org irc.quakenet.org
Last edited by Alpha_ on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Brother Aaron 1994-2017

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:52 am

For a timelimit only duel tourney you might want to do something about players refraining from respawning or you can just get more frags than your opponent and never respawn after you die.

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:22 pm

I think there's an option where you can force players to spawn.
Cyber: was chased by cowboys
Nautilus: Cowboys? more like a buncha kids chasing a fucking ice cream truck
UnixAssassin wrote: The definition of cheating is not this: Using an aim assisting tool in a game
BEST.EVER.
Teamspeak: WUMBO.CA

Mathayus

Post by Mathayus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Combinebobnt wrote: For a timelimit only duel tourney you might want to do something about players refraining from respawning or you can just get more frags than your opponent and never respawn after you die.
Torvald wrote: I think there's an option where you can force players to spawn.
I can see timelimit and respawing may be an issue but let me shed some light to this situation. Timelimit will be remain on. Force Respawn feature will be enabled meaning when you get FRAGGED, you will instantly respawn. To add a delay to the respawn feature, Choww has created a "force respawn fix" that can delay the respawn feature for several seconds. This code will be used. Hope that helps if you think the person in the lead will not respawn when you fragged him/her. They will respawn again.

im1hpu0

Post by im1hpu0 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:29 pm

im1hpu0
italy
weekends after 7pm GMT +1
on irc.zandronum.com
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1671_n.png

<PerronDoN>sponge I got banned in #quakelive can you unban me? :c
<kblair-work>capo'd
<PerronDoN>ya
<PerronDoN>lol

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:19 pm

I sign

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 pm

dranzer
usa
irc
afternoons

Mathayus

Post by Mathayus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 am

I have giving much thought on the Timelimit situation as some players dislike and after much thinking and looking at past tournaments, I will remove Timelimit from this tournament and include Fraglimit of 50 instead. Rules have been updated so feel free to read. Also registering:

Capodecima
Czech
irc.zandronum.com #cz #ifl
Weekends
Last edited by Mathayus on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Galactus
Belgium
irc.zandronum.com #tm, #grandvoid, #euro
I can only start playing actual matches after 1 April due to exams.

RoSKing

Post by RoSKing » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 pm

RoSKing
USA
irc.zandronum.com #renegades
Negotiable times.

DemonSphere

Post by DemonSphere » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:22 am

DemonSphere
NA
quakenet #wdl
Prefer evenings.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 pm

one_Two
UK
I'll be on the irc
Anytime

Mathayus

Post by Mathayus » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Small edit to registration. Last day to register is 3/28/2015 at 11:59 P.M. EST instead of 3/29/2015. Schedule will be released that Sunday morning.

Mathayus

Post by Mathayus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 am

Registering:
Avc
US
irc.zdaemon.org
Everyday between 5:00p.m - 11:00p.m

UPDATE to Registry:
Capodecima withdraws from ZDA.
Last edited by Mathayus on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armour

Post by Armour » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Name: Ammar
Best Time: Past 6:00 PM on weekdays

Intoxicate
New User

Post by Intoxicate » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 am

This looks like a good tourney, but I think you should make a demo archive + potentially a website like Dev did for ZDDL on Zdaemon. Some of the games would be awesome to watch especially considering the participants and the prize. I guess also depends if you are going to do more than one season but would still be cool, good luck with this anyway :cool: