After a rather long wait, I finally present to you the third coming of CTF Tendency. It is the first Tendency of the year, so we're just getting started here!
The tournament follows a double-elimination system, which means that teams remain active in the tournament until they lose 2 games.
The tournament utilizes a snake draft system, where captains pick players out of the free agency pool to fill their teams' rosters. The captain who picks first in the 1st round picks last in the 2nd round, and so on. Teams only have 3 spots, so captains must pick only two players to fulfill their roster. The captains will be selected by hand out of the players who signed up, to ensure that more skilled, reliable and smart players are given the opportunity to lead their teams. The draft will take place on IRC (@ #ctft), and captains must announce their picks through there.
The amount of teams that will participate in the tournament is directly proportional to the amount of sign-ups and, more importantly, to the amount of players who actually attend to the event. There is no rule against odd amounts, so it is possible to have 7 or 9 participating teams.
The map pool for the tournament is comprised of 8 maps, compiled into a wad called ctf_tendency3.wad (URL coming soon).
- Anthology CTF MAP01
- The Last Strike Extreme CTF MAP01
- Odamex CTF MAP01
- Smart CTF - IDL 2011 Edition MAP01
- Rage CTF MAP01
- Anthology CTF MAP26
- 32in24 7: Return of the Night of Capture the Flag MAP01
- 32in24 7: Return of the Night of Capture the Flag MAP22
Each round has a duration of 5 minutes and a score limit of 3 flags. Sudden death is disabled for the first 2 rounds, but is otherwise enabled in the 3rd round.
Each game follows a best of 3 system, with a few twists. If a team has the upper hand after 2 rounds, that team wins the game and advances on the brackets. The team that is placed higher in the brackets picks the 1st map out of the pool, while the lower team picks the 2nd map. A game ends in 2 rounds if:
- a team wins two consecutive rounds;
- a team wins a round and ties another.
- a team wins a round but loses another;
- both teams tie two consecutive rounds.
- Trading players between two teams is not allowed.
- Trading players between a team and the free agency, on the other hand, is allowed, but can only be done once.
- If a team is unable to show themselves when their next game comes up, it will automatically count as a loss for them, which means they will either be sent to the losers bracket or defeated altogether, depending on their placement.
Sign-up period: Saturday, January 17th to Saturday, January 24th @ 7:15 PM EST.
Event date: Saturday, January 24th.
7:15 PM EST - Draft starts on IRC at #ctft. All participants must make themselves available before then or they will be removed from the free agency.
7:30 PM EST - Draft ends, and the 1st game starts.
9:30 PM EST - Probable deadline for the tournament's ending.
The games will happen in Funcrusher+ (New Jersey) servers hosted exclusively for the event.
The brackets for the tournament will be regularly updated at http://challonge.com/tendency3 as games are played.
The IRC channel where all things related to the tourney will be discussed, and where the draft will take place is #ctft at Zandronum IRC.
Code: Select all
Alpha IdeIdoom Jwarrier Torvald Zakken
You must sign up in this thread and nowhere else. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot in the free agency, as you must be available before the draft to do so. Follow the template:
Code: Select all
Name: Zakken Location: Brazil Contact: IRC @ #AV, #ctft