Archive of past matches
Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

RE: [split] [VGL] — Video Game Legends -VGL discussion

Post by Zakken » Thu May 08, 2014 12:35 am

Circunei Z wrote: First, I don't understand how this:
Soul wrote: That only reinforces the idea that everyone in this community should stop recycling old clan names that were never meant to belong to them in the first place. Guys, this is not the videogame industry where the only thing people want to see are sequels of the same things over and over! Be creative and come up with NEW names for your clans. Create a new identity for yourself instead of taking somebody else's, and stick to it.
relates to this:
Soul wrote:Maybe with that, you will evolve from just another clan-hopping mercenary to a well-established player who deserves respect.
Aside from the elementary point that clan loyalty will award you a good reputation, there's the fact that reincarnations of past clans, namely the ones not performed by original members, usually turn into mercenary clans, among other recipes for destruction. Something as simple as rehashing an old name or creating a new one can speak a lot about a clan's resolve.

Circunei Z wrote: Second, respect isn't bought by worshipping people living in american continent and taking their (I'd say pretty biased and overall invalid opinion) as your own. I have a quote of IdeIdoom somewhere... brb.
Right, here it is:

Code: Select all

<Nautilus> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jewwKQdBQEs&list=TLrdDbMxygoQDZBgmEPV7PyTrgxUy1XIAl
<Nautilus> haha ideidoom MADE AN MLP VIDEO
<Emmure> serious business on irc today
<Emmure> anyways cool video
<IdeIdoom> not cool at all
<IdeIdoom> since it was in my "period"
<IdeIdoom> when I was bullied by those who hated bronies
<IdeIdoom> reason why I decided to not be one
That behavior is for the weak and is the main reason for which I dislike IdeIdoom.
That's fancy and all, except we're not discussing opinions here. Capo and Thomas' trouble-making status is a well-known fact. If you want to believe they are clanmates worth keeping around, then you are simply in denial. Don't expect us not to lash out at you (or rather, make fun of you because it's the next best thing to do) for turning a blind eye to your own clan's problems.
Circunei Z wrote:Why I say specifically about americans here, is that the most euros known to me don't hate people at all (including Capo and Thomas) and are overall more concerned with playing Doom than with hating someone over the internet. In fact the only people I've seen complaining to me about them are either americans (not meaning U.S. here, but the whole two-part continent to the left of Europe) or americans' friends (example: SwiftShot, IdeIdoom).
Ah, of course you would go for the faulty "it's just the internet" argument. Don't expect us to share your care-free sentiment, because we would rather make good use of our time here by playing this game and having fun without being forced to deal with antagonistic, poisonous and weak-minded people such as the ones mentioned previously. Also, nice job stereotyping a good share of the European community into that crappy thought process of yours.
Circunei Z wrote:...and so far VGL continues to be the most active competitive clan of this port, having up to 9 people at once with other clans either playing Prophunt or playing Fiesta or just being absent.
I was going to argue about how those events are casual by nature and thus, do not fit a competitive setting, but then I noticed you just said "VGL is very active, they're either playing casual things or being absent". Wouldn't being absent mean they're NOT active in this case? Nice troll.
Circunei Z wrote: I may have caused some problems for other people (though mainly for people that are already playing this game incorrectly, e.g. caring about ragequits and stuff),
So you just implied ragequits aren't bad. This hurts to read.
Circunei Z wrote:but never caused problems for members of my clan, at least on purpose. Can't say the same about you.
How can you be so sure of that? You don't even have enough active members to get accurate feedback. I wonder if I could make some of your own members start to question your authority if I brought your actions and general behavior to their attention.
Circunei Z wrote: Do I have to remind you that there are people that would say the same about you?.. Do I even have to remind you that you were in a clan ruled by Capodecima by your own will?
In JZ's defense, we all gave Capo way too many chances in the past. Some people are still willing to give him a chance now and then, but I know better than to even remotely trust that guy at this point.
Circunei Z wrote:Anyway the point is that there are no people with objectivity. Just, like, totally none. Objectivity means the person is biased towards some very common point of view instead of being biased towards less popular ideas or particular people.
He means objectivity in terms of only taking the facts into account, without opinions or bias. It would help to look up the definition of that word on a dictionary, you know.
Circunei Z wrote:Anyway, not giving a chance to someone because of prejudices is the worst thing one can do, especially if that would mean entirely banning the person from playing CTF (as private CTF is severely disrupted by Water's bullshit and no other clan would accept these people in order to play scrims; not mentioning public CTF since it's a complete mess and in addition to that happens rarely).
Prejudice? Hardly. You're just trying to be different for the hell of it. Also, your decision to give those troublemakers a home is not helping your (or their) cause at all, because you are encouraging their current behavior, instead of forcing them to change in order to fit into a clan. Also, you are kind of outdated in regards to "Water's bullshit."
Circunei Z wrote:What I'm doing is not destroying VGL. In fact what I'm doing is further continuation/evolution of VGL's idea, to recruit people no one would even care about otherwise.
...Which enforces this cancerous idea that, no matter how terrible of a person you are, you will always be welcomed into a clan (which is VGL). The fact you're treating your clan like some sort of orphanage is just laughable.
Circunei Z wrote: Sorry HTG, I don't have anything personal against you but what you did was worse than what I'm doing. At least with me people actually have opportunity to play Doom.
Good. Stay proud of playing alongside destructive trolls more, will you?
Circunei Z wrote: Nope, I meant that after Water killed his servers people stopped playing priv without stats, or at least felt somewhat unhappy about it. I personally have seen at least 4 people that said "meh, server without stats, I won't play until someone revives ELO". Not sure about all the other priv players though, I could as well sleep during the games or priv happens rarely only during the last week or two.
That doesn't sound very accurate, if you ask me. Sounds like a matter of lack of initiative. I know for a fact that most priv calls still populate the servers successfully. You'd be playing more if you actually reached out to people.
Circunei Z wrote:
You're a terrible example to follow
Yes (and I'm serious). Yo, kids, don't try this at home. Mom will be very angry.
Pay attention to this, VGL members. Even Alien himself disapproves of his own methods.
Circunei Z wrote:Is that bad or good? Anyway, it doesn't matter. Yes, I'm dickish once my clan and me get attacked by people that don't know anything yet are somehow concerned with who I recruit or not.
We don't know anything? There is nothing else to know about. You're letting liabilities run amok inside your clan and refusing to do something about it, while also calling us trolls or making derogatory stereotypes. Whether you're doing this because you have a fetish for negative attention, because you're desperate to win games, or because you want to maintain this orphanage-like image, everyone couldn't care less.
Circunei Z wrote:I rather won't make a clean start. In most cases a clean start is just an illusion, it's like promising yourself to stop smoking on the next Monday and start a new life. It'll all return eventually, so there's no point.
His point is probably that you should stop hurting VGL's name and start your own name that you can tarnish freely. It's not a matter of trying to change who you are, it's a matter of leaving VGL alone.

At the end of the day, VGL ill needs a leader such as you. You are most certainly not fit for that job.
Last edited by Zakken on Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.