Post by Samurai » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:16 am

2-0 [ZDM]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

2-0 [44]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

------------------------------------------------

Ok so the tourney is finished just in time before the deadline, and congrats to for winning the tourney and all of their games.

Overall i'm happy with how this tourney has panned out. 2 weeks was quite a short time to get this finished by, especially 5 teams, so I'm happy for it to have all been played without any DQ's on my half to other teams. The obvious downside to this was the amount of trades we were forced to make due to people bailing for whatever reason, or just being unavailable to play. In all honesty i expected to have had to make some changes, but not as many as I have had to, but I would rather trade people out rather than just DQ games leaving the tourney unfinished.

Time for the boring part, I'd like to thank Water and Alpha in helping me coordinate this tourney, and for helping me pester people about availabilities (which is a horrible job for anyone who's ever had to do it). I'd also like to thank all of the players who have played to make this tournament a relevent success, and for the players who have agreed to sub into a team to help get everything finished.

I'll probaby post again later tomorrow, but for now i'm going to enjoy the rest of my brithday.

GG's.
Last edited by Samurai on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

RE: 2weekCTF

Post by Zakken » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:24 am

Lol. This tourney has become a huge mess. This is the exact reason why the IDL had reserve players (commonly called "4ths") and, even better, a predefined free agency pool. Getting people from outside of the tourney is bad, and it breaks balance in so many ways. At least, having a free agency allows you to fully map out the people who are capable of filling roster holes that a few teams will inevitably open, while having extra slots in a team allows you to increase versatility and maintain team identity.

It's just bullshit that Tor gets away with bailing from this event and the people who fill in manage to win all of the other games for him. That surely reminds me of the time I quit IDL, and Watermelon almost won the MasterBowl with my team... Never underestimate karma, I guess! Everything here basically turned into "Priv: The Tournament" in the end, but I hope you will make up for your mistakes next time.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:32 am

My mistakes? I'm wasting the early hours my birthday on here because some people on here can't organise their own games, and if I hadn't come online tonight, none of these games would have been played. If you would have rather me have had DQ'd the game instead of wasting my time coming on here and trying to fix things, then yes I guess you could have said I have made a mistake, but personally as I stated at the start of this tourney, the #1 priority for this tourney was to get all of the games played, not so much the quality of them.

I know the trades weren't ideal, and trust me it was the last thing I wanted to do before I would start disqualifying teams from the tournament, but it's the action I took, and if you think the tourney is a huge mess because I had to switch a few people around because other people weren't here ... then so be it.

I'll hold my hands out that I did make some bad calls with this. I should have revised the player / reserve pool as you stated. I maybe should have used additional servers or different maps too, nobody is perfect, but for a 2 week job I'm fairly happy with how everything has gone. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Alpha_
Forum Regular

Post by Alpha_ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:36 am

Glad we got to finish our tourney in time even with the majority of tradings, nonetheless good job to us.
Oh, happy birthday Swift, enjoy the rest of the day/night!
Rest In Peace Brother Aaron 1994-2017

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Well its definitely better than nothing, was actually p nice sans the very end with those crazy trades, i.e none of the original players were left by the final game (lol), but as swift was determined for this to take 2 weeks and not a second more, it had to be done I guess.
Hoping to see further, more successful tourneys in the future :)
Want to know how to run faster? Check this out!

Zandronum Duel Championships