Organization

Public forum for Zandronum's testers.

Moderator: Developers

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Organization

Post by Marcaek » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Since there isn't enough testing apparently, I was thinking about figuring out what a good time would be for everyone interested to get together and host a session, so maybe post a time here and we'll figure it out.

Also, regarding gaining interest from the greater playerbase, perhaps ease of access and something akin to a public event with supervisors present to track issues would be possible? A quick link to binaries and a writeup post on how to use these?

Razgriz
Forum Staff

RE: Organization

Post by Razgriz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:39 pm

To be honest I have been thinking of the idea of having a testing session once or twice day at least since we all know people have a hard time committing to one single day to help test (things come up, no showing, excuses.exe, etc) so at least this way if one day the testing session falls flat, the next one might be more convenient overall. Once a day might be good enough to catch enough stuff, though there needs to be a LEADER[/size] to organize and get the word out that a session is taking place.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Too much thinking not enough doing

Just be like rustking mega tester and just do it

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Razgriz wrote: To be honest I have been thinking of the idea of having a testing session once or twice day at least since we all know people have a hard time committing to one single day to help test (things come up, no showing, excuses.exe, etc) so at least this way if one day the testing session falls flat, the next one might be more convenient overall. Once a day might be good enough to catch enough stuff, though there needs to be a LEADER[/size] to organize and get the word out that a session is taking place.
Yeah i think we should have a server up every day and have DoomSeeker automatically show beta servers at the top of the list. That way you'd at least get a few people to join out of curiousity. Or people who would be willing to help but would be otherwise unaware that IGOR TEST CHAMBER was currently active because lolcountingonotherstotellthem
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Avi

Post by Avi » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 pm

I gotta agree with Triple on this. Skulltag/Zan from then and now have always been the kind of community that doesn't hop on to "see what I want to play today," but instead hops on to "see what everyone else is playing today." I'm just as guilty, as I'm the kind of guy that complains about how nobody plays LMS/DM/CTF/AllOfThoseNeatVanillaGameplayStyleModifiers, yet I don't idle in the servers I'm looking for. That being said, if Doomseeker had some means of giving alpha/beta servers a priority ranking, a lot of people could just hop on, and there on top would be the test server. I really wish that were an option.

(Plus, if a certain developer were to --oh I dunno-- make the setting default for a few versions as we're working up to 3.0, that'd be pretty swell too. :P)
<TerminusEst13><GMOTA_Guy> enemies that go invulnerable are the worst things in the history of the universe
<TerminusEst13>:D