Re-structuring of the testing group

Public forum for Zandronum's testers.

Moderator: Developers

Watermelon
Zandrone

Re-structuring of the testing group

Post by Watermelon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello everyone, this is mainly intended for everyone who is in the Testing group, and may extend to people who wish to join.

So far the testing group's activity has gone down to very low levels, almost unnoticeable. There are some of you who do help us on the tracker and try to test things... which we greatly appreciate; though 1.1 is desperately trying to come out and I'm usually testing by myself since I can't find anyone. Most responses are "too busy"/"not now"/no response.

Therefore there will be a purge in members over the next week or two of those who aren't active at all. 1.1 has been a long time coming, and we don't expect people to be active all the time since development is slow, but we're trying to get 1.1 out and it's very difficult to find even one person.

Anyone who is still willing to stay in the testing group, please post here. Anyone who has not by a certain date will be removed. We are not trying to crack down on this, but if activity levels are bottom of the barrel then something needs to be done. If you have real life problems, let us know and we'll let you sort them out; no pressure or anything. Not everyone can be around all the time, but there are very few people who are around actively trying to help us test. If anyone is also considering to apply and help out with 1.1 may post here as well and will be considered.

We can't release 1.1 unless we get testers. I need at least 4 people -- yes I will be there testing too. I'm in contact with VP about this as well and will be getting feedback.

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Re-structuring of the testing group

Post by Qent » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:03 pm

I'd like to help test.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Watermelon wrote: Anyone who is still willing to stay in the testing group, please post here.
altho my internet is being shit... so
Watermelon wrote: "not now"
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Sure, school just ended, I'll help. (Though sometimes I may be in a game of smite so you gotta give me a 15 minute notice)

Qent

Post by Qent » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Watermelon wrote: I can't find anyone.
Feel free to mass-highlight #zatesting too.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 pm

i'm finishing my school so atm i cant :/
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:54 pm

mass hightlight #zamapping.. never have anything better to do :P
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Arco

Post by Arco » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:40 am

Alright.

As far as you guys already know, there is growing evidence that Zandronum’s testing block is running low on inertia, and the amount of testers who are willing to test on a bi-weekly basis is far too low to account for any actual action. Vicious Pariah has work to do on his own part, and he can’t be here to guide testers or organize any testing sessions . And since he’s now resigned up to this point, he has chosen me, along with Qent, to account for this group’s future endeavors. I’ll personally make sure that I’ll regain this group’s activeness, so we can get beta testing out of the way and so forth.

As far as activity goes, there’s only about 4 out of 15 or so people that test on a regular basis, and developmental movement has been sluggish due to lack of accountability. In about a few days, I’m going to have to remove some members that can’t make test and add more people who are willing to help out. Also, if I can get any time schedules regarding player activity, that would also be appreciated.

I’m going to organize some small scale testing sessions soon, so if you have some extra time on your hands, help us out a little!
When the weather changes, we will be lost. And no one will know who anyone is anymore.

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm here.
3 days a week, who knows what day. No weekends.
Best times are 1:00-8:00 PM EST.
Last edited by FateLord on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Sean> .broadcast FateLord has a massive, hard wallhack
<Exciter> Global broadcast sent.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

I'll be around when testing calls, though life is a mess right now so it is uncertain when I can.

ARGENTVM

Post by ARGENTVM » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:50 am

I should be open throughout much of the Summer (as of this point - may change later due to work/college/et cetera). Considering it is a re-structuring of the group, I think I'll give it a shot.

I should be available between 9:00 AM CST - 10:00 PM CST and pretty much any day of the week unless I am out of town, working, et cetera.
Last edited by ARGENTVM on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 am

6AM-5PM guaranteed, 2-6AM and 5-7PM being times where I am "maybe available, maybe not". Any day of week is fine.

All times specified are GMT.

Please note that I am not constantly available during those times, it's just that I can work my schedule out to be available during any of those hours. Warn me when you need me in advance of at least a day to maximise the chance of not hitting my work time.

Oddbrother

Post by Oddbrother » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 am

Every day from 11PM to 3AM -6GMT.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm here. Probably not every day but most evenings, 6pm to 11pm EST.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

StrikerMan780
Forum Regular
Clan: Shadow Mavericks
Clan Tag: [SM]

Post by StrikerMan780 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:29 pm

I may try to join and help out once my personal affairs are in order. I read my notifications on the forum all of the time as they occur, so one can just PM me and I'll be right on it if the timing is right.
Last edited by StrikerMan780 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm here most of the time, but may be busy with other RL stuff. Right now, I am at my Sisters house in Alaska. I might be home tomorrow or whenever, and will be able to test again. Just wish I brought my External Drive with me :/