The testing group has been resurrected!

Public forum for Zandronum's testers.

Moderator: Developers

The testing group has been resurrected!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 am

Okay, so I have no idea how many people from the testing group are still around, but the folks that are know that there is an imperative need for testing. But first we need to do a lot of catching up.

I did not anticipate that I would disappear for such a long period of time. Not only this, but testing also did not get accomplished in January for the tracker entries due to inactivity. And I was also unable to manage any events for quite some time, and unfortunately I am still under the same time constraints. So, I am going to have to arrange for some testing even though chances are I will not be around to act as field marshal for the events.

So, what are we to test? Well, this thread used to be top priority, but ever since the March release of 1.1-alpha, there has been a new need for testing on a larger scale. So, I would like to gather everybody who is still around, find the best times to do the testing, and I can set up the server a few days in advance of whenever we schedule testing.

Post here if you think you are going to be active enough to participate in these events. If you absolutely cannot make it to the testing event for the large scale testing, then I would not lose hope quite yet, as there are still tracker entries on the roadmap that need to be cleared out, and can be cleared out with only two people.

All you need to post are your available times and, if possible, go on IRC in #zatesting. When everyone has posted their times, we will schedule a testing session for the time that will work for the most people.

Happy April to those of you who are still around, and let's finally get this done!

Watermelon
Zandrone

RE: The testing group has been resurrected!

Post by Watermelon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 am

Yes! :D :D

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Qent » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 am

I'm here. Afternoon PDT any day except Sunday should be okay.
Last edited by Qent on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 am

I should drop by and chip in. 1.1 official is sorely needed.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 am

Im here, though I can be busy at times. Just anything around 1pm Central Time is good for me. probably even later depending on whats going on...

n3mesis
Forum Regular

Post by n3mesis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 am

Any time after 4:30 EST is fine until around 5:0-6:00. I'll try to make as many sessions as I can. I'm in..

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 am

i can help, i'm active almost all the day
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Arco
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Arco » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I'll see if I can make it. My online activity is unstable and there's not really a way for me to make time. If I do have some time then I'll let you know.
When the weather changes, we will be lost. And no one will know who anyone is anymore.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:27 pm

I can help too
3 PM-9 PM UTC+1
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 am

Wow, there has already been plenty of responses!

Thanks to everyone who's willing to help out with testing! The more willing participants there are to help out, the faster we'll get this all done. From the responses there are so far, I'm thinking we might be able to organize a run any time around early afternoon to the evening, which would work for most people (maybe 12-8 PM EDT?) When we do start scheduling the testing runs, I'm not going to be concerned too much about overlapping with FNF or SNS really because we really do need to get this testing done, and even on a Saturday I might be able to show up for a bit.

For the time being, we should shift to lighter work, as I don't really want to schedule this run way too soon. We do need to clear the tracker entries because it would possibly influence any upcoming builds. Furthermore, since the roadmap isn't bloated right now, we should keep it from turning into a giant hassle. Crunching through tracker entries cannot really be scheduled like a normal testing run, so it might be best to get some people here to hang by on IRC and, if they have time, try to go through some tracker entries, see if there are still any bugs, and post on the tracker if the entry in question is all set or needs some fixing or what not.

To clarify, you will know when we are about to schedule the testing run. I know at least one person asked on IRC last night why testing runs need to be scheduled; I'm planning on running an event much like this one in which we go through all of the gamemodes/modifiers and a bundle of wads that might have potential issues once we reach that phase. These events would take a chunk of time away and require an active host to go through the WAD's and what not. It also would require field marshals (ie. people who can make sure bugs are reported, can be reproduced easily, etc. and we will need at least a couple of people for this) and lots of testers. In fact, if anyone can post here saying they'll be around to marshal, then that would be absolutely wonderful!

So, for the roadmap portion of the testing, you should post here if you'll be able to do some work sometime within the next few days or so. I'm going to possibly voice people on #zatesting who I know are going to be able to do tracker entries as this will help when we get to the actual testing run. It's also more efficient to run tracker entries in pairs rather than solo so finding a partner should help a lot.

I'll stop by again tomorrow night to check up on progress. Good luck!

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Sounds good! Clearing the road map is very important to move on.

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 am

Even though I never was a part of zandronum testing... i am bored and I seem to have a fair amount of free time on my hands.

My schedule as follows(times are UTC):

Mon - 12 AM - 6 PM
Tue - 3 PM - 6 PM
Wed - 12 AM - 6 PM
Thu - 11 AM - 6 PM
Fri - 11 AM - 6 PM
Sat - 3 AM - 6 AM | 10 AM - 6 PM
Sun - 3 AM - 8 AM | 1 PM - 6 PM

If you are planning a testing run on any of theese times, consider notifying me.

The best way of contacting me is via IRC. I am registered as HexaDoken. I am usually found on #zamapping, and if I'm not there, try to /query HexaDoken before considering me non-existant. Also memos work for contacting me too.

woogiepooh1995
New User

Post by woogiepooh1995 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 am

anyday of the week at any time is fine by mean
but not om 6-8 on mondays and wensdays and sometimes saturday and/or sundays i can't either